Vol.1 Chap. 60 – I Want To Join
33 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The person who made that call is no other than Connie, whom both Larson & Queenie expected, judging from how she had responded to Dixon’s condition yesterday & the other factors related such as her character & temperament. Her friends & sister however is shocked of her choice at the moment.

“Girl, I am surprise with how early your answer comes to us.” Queenie told her.

“Lass, are you sure you want to walk along this path?” Larson questioned her.

“Yes. The fact that Dixon will be moving away suddenly makes it so unbearable for me to part with him.” The high school senior tells both of them.

The anticipation that Connie will become the first among Dixon’s friends to voice her desire to join him is something that all those elders have expected from their vast experience in the practice of making character judgement.

They are glad that the will be potential recruits from Earth, but as for now, Connie is now unsuitable to join them with her current mental state. It is cause by her infatuation the she has with Dixon & it is a strong emotion factor that is driving her motivation to join their organisation.

“Lass, we are glad that you show interest in our organisation. But we cannot let you join yet.” Larson told the young lady.

“What do I lack Uncle Larson?”

“A sincere & contemplated answer.”

“What do you mean?”

“What he means is an answer that comes not from mind impulse & lust but after much self questioning & thoughts.” Queenie explained.

“Oh, that is what he is concerned of.”

“You are still young little lady. There is no need to rush.” Larson assured her.

Both of Larson & Queenie know that her reasons to join are upon impulses & feelings, not through judgement & contemplation. That is why both of them acted by bringing up the topic the moment they see opportunity presented by Davey who ask why Dixon is now in his current condition.

The results are as what they had hoped, as the eagerness & the urge for her to join Dixon as he progresses to a new chapter of his life begin to tone down. Though those feelings are still lingering in her mind, they sense that it will no longer be a factor that will influence her.

Such outcome also influences the rest of the young adults, as the thoughts of joining Dixon immediately dies off the moment they hear the answers that the adults gave Connie. It causes them to think of the consequences that will manifest in its wake should they have made up their mind to join the organisation which will be accepting Dixon’s admission later.

Dixon’s parents & his twin siblings who had arrived & embarked on the Celestial Sanctuary are now being escorted to a well furnished cabin of the ship so that they could wash up & change to a more suitable attire from the selection of clothing which Wine Yard had packed for them before their forced departure.

“Dear, what is going on?” Anna asks her husband on the event that their captors had forced them to attend.

“I don’t know, all of them are tight lipped for now.” Her husband told her what is known to him so far.

Both husband & wife are done washing up & they have changed into the clothes which are in the smart casual range for the meeting. The person who had brought their things had prepared enough attire which can last for a day or two by Anne’s estimate.

“John, Cally, are you two done with washing & changing?” She called for her twin children.

“I’m done, but sis is not.” The younger twin replied.

“Go join your father. I will see what is wrong with your sister.” She instructs him.

“Yes ma.” The boy obeyed his mother.

“Cally, what is wrong?” Anne called for her daughter when entering the bathroom that they are using to wash up.

“They forget to bring my favourite hair band.” The elder twin told her.

“Silly girl, they are strangers. There is no way they will know your favourite things.”

“But ma, I am scared.”

“Don’t worry, all of us will be fine. They are treating us well right?”

The girl nodded her head, signalling her agreement to her mother’s words. With assurance from her mother, she begins to calm down & continue to dress up for the meeting which is scheduled to start within hours. A bell soon rang, attracting their attention on who is coming to meet them now.

The door of their assigned cabin opens to reveal that a floating food cart has arrived. The Swansongs had hope for someone that is more friendly than those who are guarding them is the one to deliver such items to them, but their captors know that it is the move that they will make in advance.

It is the first rule of escape where in order to perform an escape, the surroundings where someone is being held captive must be known before any plans can be formulated. Even if Elvis does not have that in mind, they are not letting it chances.

“Looks like an automated meal delivery system.” He told his family.

“I see.” His wife replied.

“Let’s… Dig in.” He called his family while starting to eat his share.

Elvis begins to open the container of the meals sent to them, revealing a scrumptious dish which has been prepared by the ship’s kitchen. There are worries that the food has been spiked with poisons or drugs by the people who had prepared them but hunger soon overwhelmed him & he took a bite out of it.

The rest of the Swansongs follow suit, eating the meal despite the depressing atmosphere around them. The meal tasted good despite the gloomy mood they have in their feelings.

“I think I will enjoy these better if not for this farce. What do their bosses want with me?”

These are some of the thoughts flowing through his mind as he consumes his food. The sentry guarding them allowed the family to take their own pace to finish their meals, which makes Elvis curious on their motivations.

Years of working as a representative to negotiate business deals with many characters made him to be wary of a game of bait & switch in play in the shadows. This worries him a lot to the family’s safety which is further aggravated by Dixon’s whereabouts which is still not known to him.

Cally was the last to finish her meal & upon doing so, the door of the cabin opens again to let the food trolley to come into the room to collect the empty plates & the used eating utensils for washing.

The machine left the room when all its required items have been placed on it. Immediately the person who had welcomed them earlier, Pixar enters the room with her guards. Seeing this, Elvis knows that it is time for them to meet the people who had orchestrated the events leading to what they are having now.

“Mr. Swansong & family, it is time, please follow us.” The lady informed him.

Elvis said nothing but followed her as she leads them out of the cabin. His wife with the twins in tow followed him. Their retinue travelled through the hull of the ship which seems to be an arduous trek through a long passage.

The armed escorts for the Swansongs walked at the pace matching theirs much to the family’s wonder. Furthermore they even stopped to let the twins who nearly fell while walking to regain their balance caused by being distracted by the majestic designs of their surroundings.

Walking from a distance from their cabin, they arrived at a room which has been revealed to be a room, which by first impression, often used for briefing session by the people who are working there.

“Excuse me, what are we having now?” Elvis asked.

“It is a general briefing on the issue you will be attending later at the negotiating table.” The lady who is accompanying them replied.

“Oh really, what is that?”

“Telling you would bring out some spoilers, but for now, please enjoy the show of your orientation.”

Pixar then ushered the whole family to enter room & take their seats as the video on the subject will begins shortly. Another food cart enters the room, supplying the family with the needed refreshments for them while they watch the show. The guards then closed & lock the door once Pixar had exited.

The Swansongs soon settled down in the briefing room just in time where a video show started for them, who are the only viewers for the show. It started off with the title “Having Your Child Adopted by Others While You Are Still Alive”.

“What on Earth is this nonsense?!” Elvis exclaimed in a shock upon seeing the title of the video.

Thanks For Reading,

Comment, Rate, Favorite & Follow

See You Again In The Next Chapter

1