Chapter 4: A Cool Drink
12 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Prosperity for a decade, if collapsed, it would make one page in history."

...

Sitting in a large round hut, in the middle is a rudimentary mattress. On the table were a pair of newly burned candles, lit a patch of darkened room.

Sitting on a hard wooden chair, he was a general, his large body covered with scars, wide, wide eyes that seemed unable to sleep. His half-silver and half-black hair, indicating that old age was coming, wouldn't bother him. But what worries him in the middle of the night?

He stood up and walked out, his soldiers of a hundred people had been tired since ever, only the grasshopper made noise at night. A part also helps to make the night more vibrant, quiet is absolutely not his taste.

He walked around the barracks, casually extinguished some firewoods, covered some of the food left by his soldiers. The more he walked, more the moon goes to the top, tomorrow one hundred of his friends will enter a path without an exists.

Crush

"Ouch!"

A voice shouted, he felt something hard under his feet; There was someone lying on the bottom of his shoe.

...

It was another man, much younger than him, but could not be called "young man" because he looked around twenty-five or thirty.

"Man, I have never seen you." He sat down next to him to ask, the man lying comfortably back on the grass, his head leaning on the cold ground.

"I think the general will know tomorrow, skylights can open up a lot of eyes." The man replied briefly.

Then the man waved his hand, signaling the general to lie down after him. He did not have any questions, but put his back on the grass, holding his head with his hand.

"If you ignores the feeling behind your back, I think you still can not looked at the sky above willingly."

He was silent for a moment, thinking again about a distant tomorrow.

"What do you mean?"

"You are not the type of person who will bravely move forward by leaving all the burdens."

He watched the starlight, just as this man said, he could watch the stars, but his back was heavy, even though it was leaning against the earth and grass.

"I don't leave them, I will accept them."

He pondered for a moment before answering, the other man nodded as well.

"When the general is finished fighting, I will personally offer you a cool drink."

That night, the general felt his shoulders lighter, even if only a little insignificant. And he fell asleep again on the grass, when the man was gone completely missing. Not in his 100-man army.

...

"Kill him!" The guys behind shouted.

"Back!" The people in the foreground shouted, and were immediately pierced with a blade.

An army of nearly a thousand men was facing him, those who wanted to move on had to pass through his body first. He stands at one end of the bridge, below the bridge is a large cliff surrounding a long river flowing into the sea, those who intend to cross the bridge are stopped by him.

His body was covered with fresh blood and dried blood. It was the drops of blood in his body that kept boiling, how long had it been since he had been bathed in the blood of his enemies?

When they couldn't send troops over the bridge to kill him, they sent cavalry.

The horses in the front somehow could not handle him, they just jumped and dodged him, allowing him to kill the rider, despite the disadvantage of reach.

When they couldn't send the cavalry, they sent blind arrows.

Arrows full of hatred kept flying through the sky to fall where he stood, the surrounding soldiers fighting him were also caught up in the hail of arrow, and the river water was now a red color.

The offender also evaded him. He was of course cautious, but lucky arrows hitting him didn't hurt him at all.

One person, one blade, overlapping corpses.

One day, one night, the water turned blue and red.

He is of course human too, and humans are also limited.

But the limit is not what kills him.

The short cliff, during a consecutive day to kill the enemy, the corpses ever piled up into a second bridge.

The bridge he maintained, the cavalry ran through

The bridge was made of a corpse, the foot soldiers stepped over

It started to rain, but it was raining arrows.

...

He opened his eyes in a strange place, his body no longer exhausted, but could not say that he was ten years younger.

Walking up the crimson steps of a vine, he walked into a log house.

"Make yourself at home general, here's a cool drink."

"Too sweet, terrible, and why is it pink?"

1