Chapter 1 – Xin University
28 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Make connections and select some people to start a company with.”

Such had been the mission given to him.

Having been taught by the organization from birth, he was naturally very enthusiastic upon receiving this mission.

After all, he knew that according to the rules... a huge part of the money would be his!

Alex Moqi had his priorities straight.

Directives such as

“Be loyal to the organization and never betray it.”

and

“Work hard and follow orders.”

... were not on his list of priorities at all, although they were necessary for his first priority,

“Survive!”,

and for his second one,

“Enjoy the luxuries of life!”,

as well as his third one,

“Ensure you can continue to do so in the future!”.

Every moment of his life was spent working under these three directives.

As to how these directives came to be, the observant boy had been surrounded since young by people with desires and goals.

Also, he had never had any parents to teach him morals or care for him without ulterior motives.

Sure, as he had climbed higher, his instructors had possessed and attempted to instill in him a sense of loyalty to the organization.

Yet...

“In the end, their loyalty is motivated by the prosperity of the organization and their belief that this will lead to their own prosperity.”

But the organization had raised him and as such could be regarded as his parent; one should be filial to ones’ parents...

While Alex Moqi was not born with a selfish heart, the organization did not educate the children the traditional way.

Morals do not fall from the sky!

They.have.to.be.taught!

 

Without an inkling that somewhere out there an author was defending his amoral mind, Alex was currently surveying the campus of his future place of study,

Xin University.

Although as a fairly new university, it did not have a rich history, it made up for it by being rich.

If a professor had a great reputation, they were willing to offer a salary that would move even the less greedy.

‘There is nothing like home; but with enough money, I can surely make myself feel right at home!’

Like this many an old university lost their most “loyal” and prestigious professors.

Aside from superior teaching personal, Xin University had cutting edge technology and modern facilities.

“Sure enough, seeing it in person is different.”

While Alex had studied the Maps and 3D view of the campus beforehand, these could only be updated so often and were limited in detail.

There were no big changes such as new buildings or security cameras, but the place where in the 3D view had been sprouting well-trimmed shrubbery was now filled by a sea of red and orange flowers.

In most situations, this difference would be negligible, but he was not the type to neglect such details.

From the flowers his gaze moved to a girl.

“While there is no indication that she is suitable for my mission...”

His mouth curved into a smile.

“She certainly looks suitable for ‘Enjoying life’, and this mission is not one where I must hurry”, he thought and walked towards the girl, now wearing a more suitable smile.

“Hello, I am Alex. If you are looking for something, perhaps I can help you.”

1