Chapter 2 – Michiko Hara
23 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The girl, or rather young woman, looked calmly at this young man in front of her.

Although there was no breeze, her golden hair seemed to wave ever so gently; it seemed a stark contrast to her elegant but cold dark eyes.

“Hello, no need, I am simply familiarizing myself with the campus,” she spoke without introducing herself, her voice full of rejection and confidence.

While he maintained his amicable and approachable smile on the outside, on the inside, Alex sneered.

“Let’s see what it will take...” he thought, then he said,

“Very well, then I will continue my own tour. Perhaps we will meet again.”

Without waiting for a response, he turned around and left in the direction of the library building.

But when he reached there, he did not enter the library and went right around the back where he knew should be a small park.

Although he had already received his student ID and could access most buildings, right now he was simply looking for a secluded location to sit down.

At the heart of the French renaissance-style park, surrounded by minutely trimmed hedges, he sat down on a bench.

The designer of this place had paid attention to both style and usage; as he had predicted that this place might become the chosen place of study for those who disliked the modern environment of the library, he had placed several charging ports in inconspicuous places.

“As expected of someone hired by Xin University...”

Alex had already finished unfolding the originally phone-sized device he had worn around his wrist like a smartwatch and was now connecting it to the nearest charging port.

While it now had the size of a tablet, most readers from the 21st century would believe it too thin to actually be one.

Placing it on the table in front of him, he pulled out a small ball from the leather bag at his right and held it in his left.

At the same time words appeared on the inside of his “sunglasses”, telling him to wait for the database to finish running his inquiry.

As a result, a minute later, the file of a certain girl flashed before his eyes.

It only took a minute since she too was enrolling in Xin University this year and the Organization had detailed information on everyone to do with it:

“Michiko Hara, born in Aimo Country, her father a wealthy businessman of the same, her mother an actress and Mei national,”

“19 years old, came to Central to study at Xin University...”

He quickly perused the information of this Michiko Hara; she was the blond girl who rejected his assistance earlier.

“No one in her family is a member of the Organization; although her father has some contacts, no one at a level where I would have to be careful. Great!”

While Alex was interested in this girl, he was not so hotblooded as to get involved with her without knowing her background, so he immediately looked her up in the Organization’s database.

“Since she is a foreigner and just came here to study, she probably has not had time to make friends here yet...”

Foreign students were no rare sign at Xin University: As one of the top universities in the world, a steep 50% of its students were foreigners every year.

Well, were it not for his new identity as Alex Moqi, he, having been born in South Du, would also be considered a foreigner.

Luckily, his parents were of Central descent and he had inherited his ancestors| black hair and eyes, perfectly looking the part of a native Centraler.

Having finished his research of the girl, he put the input ball back in his back, disconnected his tablet from the charging port, and, after folding it back to smartwatch-size, wrapped it around his wrist again.

Like this, he left the park and continued his survey of the campus.

1