Nightmare’s of the Past
756 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Do you see it, boy!" The booming yet feminine voice roared. "That is the consequence of those actions... those taken by you humans." 

Blake stood there, shell-shocked. Gone was the earth that he knew, gone were the people that he loved, and gone were the concepts that he knew and believed. 

"You humans- No, you mortals are truly foolish. To think that you could become gods. You mortals were so blinded by greed and your foolish sense of justice that you all ended up… Dead." 

Blake gulped as there was nothing in his field of vision… absolutely nothing. The only thing that could be seen was 'Chaos.' It was a sight that could shake the souls of the bravest and yet, here was Blake… gripping onto the hopes that humanity could be redeemed.

"Even if it is true." He clenched his fists. "It doesn't necessarily mean the end right? There has to be a timeline, at least one! Where we live, where there is peace… and where there is hope for huma-"

His words came to a halt at the booming laughter of the being. 

"That is why humanity is so foolish, boy." The voice grew darker. "Let me show another possibility." 

As the words left the being's mouth, Blake's eye rolled over as screams of horror left his mouth.

"No mother! Father! Don't!" Visions of the past with multiple possibilities and consequences were visible in front of his eyes. 

He fell on his knees, huffing. "W-Why are you doing this?"

The voice was quiet for some time. "To show you the consequences and possibly the only chance that can alter the events… even if slightly." 

"Why me?" The voice boomed into laughter once again. 

"Because you are the only being that entered this dimension, even if unknowingly." A humongous eye formed in the sky and stared down at Blake. "And this is only the first of the million possible outcomes… you have a million more timeline to go through… and suffer." 

Blake screamed in horror, screamed for help… but it was to no avail. His body was dragged to another timeline.

This was the start of his torture. The torture that was going to change everything about him. 

[Hall of Justice]

"ra. ara. Kara!" 

"Huh, what?!" Kara's attention was snapped towards Diana. "What did I miss?"

All the members of the League stared at her. 

"Are you alright?" Martian Manhunter asked, looking at Kara's oblivious face. 

"A-ah yes. I was just thinking about my homework." 

Silence… utter silence.

"Uhh… guys? Did I misheard something because there is no way that Kara just said that she was thinking about… homework." Barry blinked his eyes multiple times with nearly everyone within the room doing the same. 

"*Ahem* I have never seen you so focused on anything related to study either, Kara." Kent looked at his cousin with curious eyes. "What made you so interested this time around."

"It's because of our new professor." This got her some curious looks. "He asked a question that neither me nor Barb has been able to answer."

"Not even Barbara?" Diana asked, surprised by the fact that even the smartest girl within the league wasn't able to figure out an answer. What was the question?" 

Now, Diana has never been interested in university but this was surprising to her.

"He told us to figure out why "Everyone is evil." It was Barbara that answered.

As the league was confused by the question, Bruce's eyes widened. 

"What… did you say... was the name of your professor?" 

"Blake Hardy." Kara instantly replied. "Apparently he is a super-genius with a lot of degrees at a young age." 

"Really? That's quite impressive." Shiera was clearly impressed but Bruce was lost deep in his thoughts. 

'I might have to look into his background. This guy sounds familiar. Especially that statement.'

[[Blake]]

These memories haunt me. But they also make me remember what I have to do in order to stay alive… and keep 'them' alive. 

There are realms and dimensions beyond our one. And my curiosity led me to one that nearly killed me.

But that's something in the past… but it won't remain like that if I don't make my move. 

"*Aargh* This is so frustrating! Why are these buttons so small?!?" Waylon exclaimed as Selina defeated him for the seventh time… and this is also the seventh time that he broke a controller today.

"You better pay for that one, Croc. I won't let you play again, otherwise." This made the reptilian man release a loud sigh. 

"If only they made the controllers a bit bigger and sturdier." 

"Pretty sure that even then, you would break it." Selina's words made him glare at her.

"Alright, enough. I have classes tomorrow, so what are we doing tonight?" I turned to look at Selina. "And before you ask, no I am not joining you guys if you are going on a mission." 

"Hmm… then what do you suggest?" Selina asked.

"What about breaking the bones of those annoying villain wannabes who only ruin our reputation." 

I shook my head at Waylon's words. "Nope. We will not do anything like that. But before we plan anything further… Selina." The woman looked at me. "Tell me the names of the current major villains within Gotham."

"Let's see… There is obviously the Joker, then there is the Riddler, Mad Hatter, Hugo Strange… and Ra's al Ghul who have been silent for a long time."

Firstly, I will be killing the Joker the moment he and I come face to face. I can't stand that clown. But for the rest.

Riddler is a genius when it comes to crimes and staying away from the heroes. He is not strong physically but his intellect makes him a terrifying foe for any hero. But personally, I have never met him. 

Same for Mad Hatter, I was not here when he became popular. And I do not know much about him other than the fact that he is a slimy bastard. 

I will have to meet him before judging. I just hope that he is not like the Joker.

"Who is Hugo Strange?" That's a name that I haven't heard before.

"He is a super-genius that can rival even batman." Hoo~ Interesting. "Or at least, that's what he proclaims. I have never seen him win against the bat... Not even once." Waylon said.

Well, many other super-geniuses haven't won against him either. So, I cannot dismiss his intellect that easily.

And Ra's… I haven't seen that guy after our clash. But as far as I know the old demon. He is definitely plotting something. But I won't interfere. It's none of my concern. 

But, I do wonder… What is Talia doing? 

"I have decided." 

*Clap* *Clap* *Clap*

"What have you decided?" Selina asked while clapping her hands.

"We are going to watch the villains fight the heroes." This got her excited. And I know what she is thinking. "We will only watch… I will not be interfering."

"But-"

"No buts. We will watch and that's it." Waylon nodded at my words.

"We should follow him. We haven't seen a good show in a while. I want to see that smug bastard Riddler getting his ass whooped!"

Selina rolled her eyes. "Fine… But you will be taking me to the movies next weekend." 

That works for me.

"Fine."

As long as I don't meet the Joker, I will be fine. Cause if I find that Clown, I will skin him alive.

21