3. Quest
382 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Later in the day, pale faced Yale who was going through the Shop got a private message from the admin....

It was the so called quest that appeared to be system generated.

-- Quest: 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats and 10 km run. Rewards: 100 SPs--

Upon seeing the quest, Yale remembered the training schedule of a bald guy who could one hit K.O. his opponents.

"I won't go bald like Saitama. Right?"

The only two sources of farming SPs were quests and by trading things. If he wanted to change his future, he knew that he should completely hold on to the golden finger that was given to him and use both means necessary. Hence he decided send someone to gather various things while he would complete his quest.  Normally, gathering everything Yale wanted to gather would have been a humongous task as the list contained many things that were not readily available.

Fortunately, he was the son of Monroe Dawson, the chairman of Dawson conglomerate. Getting a few things wouldn't put a hole in his father's pocket.

All hail the power of money.

"And its not as if I would be splurging money like my elder brothers do on whores. I am just trying to save myself from a horrible future."

Yale heroically justified everything and gave his butler a long list of things before going out to complete the quests.

Perhaps it was fear or perhaps it was the reward, but Yale seriously put efforts in doing the quest. He panted like a donkey while running and yet decided to run a bit more. His hands went numb but he still challenged himself for one more push-up. His whole body hurt but he still did all the things on the quest list.

The servants who watched him started worrying for the happy-go-lucky kid who would always keep on pranking someone or the other. Yale's sudden change did not escape his father's eyes either. He even stopped him to make sure if everything was alright with his child.

'Was he rejected by a girl or something? Ah! The youth.'

Monroe Dawson gave an understanding nod before letting Yale do as he please. Tears flowed into his eyes as he was reminded of the crush he wanted to get crushed by.

After completing the quests, Yale checked the increase in the SPs and called his butler who looked at Yale with worry in his eyes. Yale decided to ignore his questioning eyes and asked if he had gathered all things on the list or not. Yale wanted to sell things in bulk and get SPs in bulk. But before selling things in bulk, Yale decided to figure out the prices of various things by selling out different things. That way, he would be able to figure out the most effective way to sell and earn back more SPs.

No matter how his previous life was, in this life he had been influenced by his father's approach towards things and how to do them. Thus Yale couldn't help but think to earn bigger profits in all circumstances.

The butler gave Yale an affirmation and reported that everything has been brought; small amount of various metals, various things that can be eaten, pottery, and even the cores and hides of various magical beasts ranging from Level 1 to level 3. Everything has been arranged.

Gathering the last few remaining bits of his strength, Yale went back to his room and saw that everything he had asked for has been neatly arranged by his butler.

Yale by nature was very lazy and only knew how create troubles but now he was being influenced by his imminent doom and thus didn't dare to relax a lot. It was as if a switch has been flipped on.  Not to mention, selling things to the shop was extremely fun and relaxing. Watching his SPs grow was a therapy in itself. Thus in just half an hour, he sold everything and wrote down the prices of various things.

As he had expected, things like normal metal ingots and such did not sell for a lot but the finished product were sold for higher prices.. Things such as rare metals and magicite cores of various beasts were sold for even higher.

After selling all the things, Yale earned a little over 600 Sps and sat down to contemplate the best course of action.

"Four Level 1 magicite cores were sold for 1 SP while the entire corpse was sold for 1 Sp. If I sell a thousand corpse to the shop, I get 1000 Sps which can then be used to acquire an artifact that can be sold for at least 500,000 gold coin. If I am not wrong then the whole corpse near the forest of darkness can be bought for 3 gold coins a piece. Right?"

Yale immediately drooled and a nasty smile appeared on his face. The profit was more than 160 times.

'Are all golden fingers so great?'

This profit can then be converted to even more SPs which can then be used to buy plethora of things from the shop. Just this morning he was swimming in the sea of despair when his memories from previous life resurfaced in his mind. His despair slightly went down after obtaining the golden finger but when he saw the exuberant prices of the things especially the prices of the things from other worlds, he felt as if someone had once again shoved his head back into the sea of despair.

But now, those worries were unnecessary. He could easily buy many life saving things from other worlds. Now, he was sure that he would be able to enjoy life to its fullest. Screw living peacefully. This young master now has the golden finger.

Unknown to happy Yale, this golden finger would screw him up in unimaginable ways in future.

11