5. Unknown Reward
317 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello guys!! My p@treon is out.

Please support MSCG and read ahead.

Link: [email protected]/lordozone

And here is the link to our discord server...

Discord server: https://discord.gg/UsQ3MH7

Any form of help such as becoming my patron or giving us power stones is much appreciated...love you all.

**********************************************

There were only a few people in the group and not everyone remained as active as Liala. In fact, Asura master had not even sent a single message after his initiation in the group.

Azazel would frequently check the group messages but due to his prior commitments, he couldn't remain as active as he would want to.

So when he went online and caught the newest member of the group, Yale online, he immediately sent a DM to him. As a scientist, he was naturally extremely curious about the newcomer's world. He had talked with the newcomer a few times so he knew a bit about Yale and his world and he was very intrigued with the concept of sainthood and deities in Yale's world. He naturally wanted to know more.

--Yale! You there? (Azazel)

--Yup! How are you governor general? (Yale)

-- Haha! Polite as always. I am great. Anyways,  I had a few questions. Care to entertain this old man? (Azazel)

It has been a few days since Yale talked to Liala. And in these days, he had practically talked to everyone in order to know more about them... well everyone, except for asura road master who for some reason had not replied back.

He also learned about the worlds of those members he was not sure about. As expected, Hayato Fūrinji was from mightiest disciple kenichi verse and Azazel from Highschool dxd verse. Apart from them, Ouga Makyouin was actually from Yuragi sou no Yunna san verse.

It would seem that all the members were side characters from different works thus Yale decided to call the group, Side Character Group instead.

 Yale was actually going through the latest quest that was given to him today when Azazel sent the message. He wanted to first complete the quest but agreed to talk to Azazel nevertheless. After all, he had nothing to do on his way to Ernst Institute and he could complete the quest later. Not to mention, Yale had a few questions of himself for the governor general of fallen angels. He wanted to know the exact time in Azazel's world along with few other things.

--No problem! (Yale)

--Last time, you mentioned something about saints and demigod. How does one become one? (Azazel)

--You can train in martial arts or become a magician if you have talent for either of those things. Magicians gather elemental essence and refine it into mageforce while martial artists gather qi into their dantian. There are all together 9 levels of Magician and martial artists and when one surpasses those levels, he/she can become a saint and live for thousands of years. And when one starts to understand the fraction of elemental laws, they become a demigod. Actually... (Yale)

Azazel and Yale both had a spirited conversation and after satisfying each other's curiosity, they said their goodbyes.

"It was as I had expected. The civil war of devils has not happened yet. So there is still a lot of time before the start of actual story."

Yale let out a sigh and started organising his thoughts. Almost everyone in the group was living in the time before the canon.

Liala was only 10 and the war between demons and hero clan had not happened yet. Ur was still alive. Hayato Fūrinji was travelling along with his granddaughter who was only nine as of now. Ouga Makyouin had only taken in a disciple a few days before she got initiated into the group. According to Azazel, civil war had not happened in his world. And lastly, he did not know anything about the time in Asura Road master's world and basically knew nothing about the admin of the group.

"Anyways, there is nothing that can be done as of now. Rather than worrying about people of other worlds, I should rather worry about myself."

Yale did not have much talent as either a mage or martial artist. But what he did have was his golden finger and in order to utilise it, he simply needs to think about earning SPs and spending them wisely.

Yale reopened the quest description and went through it once again.

--Quest: Make a purchase of more than 1000 SP. Rewards: ???.--

He only had a little over 1000 sps after selling everything a few days ago and from the rewards gained from quests and daily rewards. Asking him to make a purchase of over a thousand SPs was asking a poor pauper his entire wealth just to burn it away or in his case, just to get unknown rewards.

But,

"Rpg/fantasy novel rule 737, unless your luck is in the negative, all the unknown rewards are definitely better than any normal reward."

Yale boldly went and purchased a sword type artifact bringing his SPs in two digit numbers.

Both the sword type artifact and the unknown reward from the quest was sent in as a form of attachment.

He did not open the attachment of the artifact and instead opened the unknown reward.

--Pseudo grandmist bead: Can absorb and refine all kinds of energies and help its user refine their body. But since it is only a pseudo treasure, its abilities are only 10% that of original.--

Along with a short introduction, a 3-d image of a spherical bead popped up.

Excited, Yale touched the image and a real bead appeared in front of him suspending in the air.

Yale knew that this pseudo treasure was from Martial world verse.... and just 10% of its abilities were something that would make him strong enough to survive.

Upon contact, the spherical bead turned into a speck of light and instantly drilled into Yale's fingertip. Yale had no time to respond at all, as his head felt as though a heavy hammer had suddenly struck down on it viciously. He let out a cry and clutched his head.

"Aah!!"

He let out a short yelp as the way to use the bead appeared in his mind.

After sometime when the pain subsided, Yale couldn't help but let out a mile long grin.

His gamble had paid off.

Unknown to him, it was the start of his year long addiction to go for hidden rewards. Just like a gambler who would first win and then eat major losses and still not learn anything, Yale would go for them and eat major losses.

13