[3] Level 1
63 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My arms ached as I struggled to complete the final set of pushups. My mind was rather clear, clearer than it had been for a while.

<Vampires are creatures that live off the blood of others. Since they were created based off of your wishes, they also have a few perks as well.>

[ Mission (Fitness) Complete...

+ 5 EXP ]

Haaa, my arms feel like they're becoming noodles. How can those athletes do this everyday? They are seriously not human.

<Child, the last person who should be talking about being human is you. What do you think you'll become soon?>

"I know that I'll become a vampire someday, but I don't think I'll become one immediately right?" I asked. The novels I read all made the transformation gradual.

<Well. Meditation is to calm the mind. I'll induce a meditative state for your first time, shower first, you're sweating.>

After a rushed shower, I dried my short brown hair and climbed on to my bed. I made sure that Ms. Jayden didn't see me.

Since we weren't rich, we all shared a bathroom, and despite there being ten of us, it somehow worked.

<Okay, close your eyes and clear your mind. Meditation was included in the ways to train because vampires have animalistic instincts at times.> Orion explained and I nodded.

As I was about to ask what to do next, someone knocked on my door and I opened my eyes.

"Yes?" I asked as I got to my feet and walked to the door. When I unlocked it, Ms. Jayden stood in the hall with a broom in her hands.

"You're back so soon Rayne? I thought school didn't finish until three?" Hearing the concern in her voice, I sighed softly.

"I just needed a break. I'll ask someone in my class for the work I missed today." Hearing that I wouldn't fall behind, she let out a relieved sigh and then closed the door after patting my head softly.

[ Mission (Mental Fortitude) Complete... 

+ 5 EXP ]

What? How did I complete it so fast? I just closed my eyes for a moment...

<You meditated for an hour. Because it was the highest state of meditation, time seemed to have stop for you.>

With a slightly disbelieving gaze, I walked to the small window and looked outside. The sun had moved far enough in the skies to tell the truth.

That's probably the most overpowered skill I've ever heard of. I won't ever have to wait or be bored again!

<Before you get carried away, you should know you can only enter the meditative state once a day.>

My hopes fell flat. Rubbing my eyes as I walked back to my bed, I plopped down with a lazy sigh.

[ Level Up. ]

[ You have reached Level 1. ]

[ Status :

Name - Rayne Reeves

Species - Human 

Level - 1 (0 EXP/15 EXP)]

I don't really feel any different. Is that normal?

<You need to continue to level up to see changes. For now, just focus on grinding experience.> Orion felt a bit speechless at the stinginess of the System as well.

 

2