[4] New Mission
54 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I looked at the setting sun outside my window and wished I had a cheat so I could level up quickly. Who knew how fun being a vampire could be?

<There are other ways to earn Experience. You can defeat someone in battle or kill something to acquire more.>

If I did that, wouldn't I end up in jail for assault or murder? Where would I even find someone I could beat up in the first place? I'm quite weak.

<Well, I can guide you to a criminal for free the first time. Maybe you should go out for a walk?> Orion said with a serious tone.

I have a feeling that the walk wouldn't be simple. Should I bring anything in case of emergencies? I don't know if I can fight well...

<As a future vampire, how can you not kill or fight?! You need to grow more. Otherwise, what would've been the point of gaining a system if your still a coward?>

I... I just... I've never fought nor did I encounter a threat to my life. Going out and fighting is a bit scary if you know next to nothing about the opponent.

<Seems like you need some motivation.> Orion said cryptically.

[ Missions :

● Fight 0/1 Person + 15 EXP

● Severely Injure or Kill 0/1 Person + 20 EXP ]

What is the punishment for failure? I'll try, but if I fail, I don't want to suffer too much.

<Worry not little one. Try your best and you shall succeed.> With that, Orion brought up a map of the city with various red and yellow circles marked on it.

<If you fight in any of the red circles, you'll be free to fight as you please. The yellow circles means it'll be harder for police to catch you if you kill within.>

I can do this. I can do this. I just need to put my mind to it. If it was someone else, I bet they'd kill me for benefits as well...

With a heavy sigh, I walked to the door and peeked down the hallway, making sure it was clear.

Downstairs was also empty, making me wonder whether Ms. Jayden had gone out to shop. The other kids in the orphanage were in the common room or in their own rooms.

The warm air and the faint rays of the sun greeted me as I jogged across the street and made a beeline for one of the red circles.

Adrenaline was being created as my heart started to race. My entire body was tense, however I didn't stop moving forward.

Soon, the skies started to darken and I came to a stop, taking deep breaths to try and calm myself down.

<Caution is good, but too much caution makes you look like a coward! Young men should be hot-blooded!> Hearing Orion, I rolled my eyes and stepped in to the dark alley.

2