[5] Fight
60 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I stuck close to the walls of the alley, ensuring I was ready to flee at a moments notice.

<Haa. A vampire to be is afraid of darkness? I don't mean to be a nagger, but being in the darkness is something you'll come to love.>

Yeah? I don't mind being in the darkness either, as long as I know what's in the darkness with me. Who knows if I might get attacked by a rabid animal in this place?

I froze as I heard muffled breathing behind me. Before I could turn, I felt a hand on my shoulder and a sharp pain in my side.

Doubling over for air, I looked up in time to see a fist crashing down towards my face. Stumbling back, I managed to evade having my face smashed in.

Is this what you mean when you say fight? I didn't even do anything and he's attacking me!

<Calm yourself first and observe your opponent for weaknesses.> Orion instructed, so I looked at the man who attacked me with a wary look.

"What's a brat like you doing here? Don't you know this is my turf?" The man had a scruffy beard and a bald head.

<You have two choices now. Either you fight and prevail, or cower in fear and leave. It's your choice lad...>

I took a deep breath to settle myself, my eyes becoming resolute as I stared at the man opposite of me.

I can't lose the system, nor will I remain ordinary. I promised myself, no matter what, I cannot and will not give up.

With a cry, I rushed forward, my hands balled into fists as I swung at his face. With a sneer, he put a leg out and kicked me aside.

"Just a brat and you want to fight this daddy? How about I break your arm as a lesson?" The man stepped forward, throwing a punch at my chest.

I might not have fighting experience, but I believe I can do this...

I ducked beneath his fist and raised my own, my fists headed for his face. When the two connected, the man's head snapped back as he staggered away with a groan.

"You bastard! Wait for this daddy to kill you!" A gleaming blade appeared in his hands, and with a shout, he charged at me.

My adrenaline seemed to be in overdrive as I leapt out the way, my hand grabbing his wrist and jerking it to the side, sending the blade off course.

The man nearly hit the floor as he dropped the knife to cradle his injured wrist. With a speed I didn't know I had, I kicked his legs out from beneath him.

With him on the ground, I ran over to the knife and picked it up, holding it with trembling hands, my gaze fixed on the enemy.

"What? Brat, do you think you can kill me? I'd like to see you try! A snot nosed brat trying to scare me?" Hearing the man, I walked over and gripped the knife handle.

"Go home to your mommy boy. When my wrist feels better, I'll come and deal with you." Looking at the fierce look on his face and the anger in his eyes, I shivered.

"What? Are you afraid little bitch? When I find out who you are, I'll kill your parents and chop you into pieces to feed to my dogs!"

My breathing came to a stop as I heard him mention my parents. It was always a rather sore spot for me and the reason why I was often bullied.

My eyes flashed with anger as I walked towards him, only then did he seem to realize he was at a disadvantage with no weapon and a hurt wrist.

 

3