pc rehousing
252 3 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What is everyone doing in the living room at 5am?" read the words on this peculiar robot's screen.

"Hello, uh I think everyone is here… because of me?" I say, shrinking back into my chair.

"Apologies."

"Ah, you must be the bot Amy found in the dump!"

[I was found in the dump?]

"Oh, QT, this is Quirk!!! ey're our electrician. I mean I do some of the wiring work too but ey're much better at it than me. Which is really for the best I really need all the help I can get in the workshop, and… uh what was I saying?" Amy rambles.

[Observation: Quirk's design is definitely unique. Ey're body doesn't seem at all out of the ordinary. 5'11", #174978, a standard ball joint rig automaton model. Their head however comprises of a small tv screen suspended mechanically within a large #bob3b7 hollow orb. All across the sphere containing the screen are textured decals, lights, and cameras. Sticking up from the back of the sphere are two old telescoping radio antennas, much unlike the triangular solid form antenna on either side of my head. Despite all of the devices on Quirks head however, not one of them must be a voice box, as I have yet to hear em talk.]

"Inquiry: Why do you not speak?"

"Hey, QT, that's not-" 

"No, it's okay Arc. A lot of my data got corrupted in an accident. My drivers were old and outdated, hard to replace. As a result my logic components are still intact, however I do not have all of the same functionality as I used to. Amy built this headpiece so I could still communicate, but I am functionally mute. Why is Siri here?"

"I invited her." Phoenix answered. "QT had some questions about their gender, and I thought..."

"It's absurd anyway. Don't all robots want to be in different bodies?"

"I don't, I find I'm perfectly happy in this body and these are my original specs."

"Inquiry:You have never wanted to be a different gender?"

"Nope. I don't have any gender, and I'm okay with that."

Siri seems to squirm upon reading the words on eir screen.

"...Even if that's true… Master won't like me like this. I know he did bad things, but he's the only home I have…"

"OO! Can we Phee can we can we!?!?!?"

"Hmmm… yeah sure Ames, besides, she's been through a lot, and we still need to find out who used her for the bombing. Quirk I know you just met her but would you be okay with it?"

"Inqu–"

"Does this mean we will get to see more of QT!? We can hang out, go clothes shopping, have a girls' night out!" Siri interjects.

"Isn't every night we have out without Quirk and Atlas already a girls' night out?" Arcadia asks.

"Well, yeah but QT will be there! mew"

"Wha‐"

"Then it's settled. QT you'll be sharing a room with Quirk."

"Wait. What's happening?"

"If you'll have us she meant. We would be happy to have you stay with us for a while." Phoenix clarifies.

"You all just met me... ¿por qué?"

[They know I've done bad things. All of these other robots trust them. Why would they go through so much trouble to help me? ¿Qué es esta sensación? Why do I want to trust them?]

"So what do you say?"

"Yeah… I think I'd like that… if it isn't too much of an inconvenience."

"Yay! Okay I'll start planning the trip to the mall right away!"

"Siri." Eva says in an uncharacteristically stern tone.

"I mean if that's okay?"

"...I'd like that."

_________________________________________________________

 

Quirk helped set me up in the same room as em, after some more conversing. A lot of the day was spent with everyone on their own projects as I got settled in. I still don't understand why they would just let me stay here. They don't even know me, not really, so it still confuses me. Phoenix explained to me that they house people there after large accidents, until they get back on their feet sometimes, that I'm not the first. This only made me question their motives even more. It seems so peculiar to me that they would be so generous to strangers. I didn't explore the house much. No puedes simplemente escabullirse en la casa ajena, obviamente. After a day that felt rather short, Amy and Phoenix went to bed early, I suppose being awake at 3am would make one quite tired. I had offered to make dinner for them, but Amy insisted I didn't need to, and Arcadia insisted she do it. Quirk confuses me. Inquiry: How can anyone just be okay with their gender? Quirk also seems to not mind much for clothing, and was insistent on staying up all night working on wiring. Robots don't require sleep, however it seems rather lonely to be the only one up all night. Ey explained that Arcadia came out at times to grab food. She confuses me as well. I like cooking as it pleases my master, but Arcadia seems interested in food on a personal level. Her model does not seem as if it would be able to digest food, and she does not give all the food to the humans. Inquiry: Why then, does she care about cooking so much? Siri scheduled the trip to the mall for tomorrow. She seems rather excited about it. I find I'm rather excited about it as well. Robots don't require clothes, or gender. Many models do not have genitalia. Yet I am quite eager to get girl's clothes, and feel more comfortable now in this body, than I ever have. I suppose I am quite the confusing robot as well. The idea of going into sleep mode worries me. Today seems like it's all some dream program. I woke up alive, in a girls body, surrounded by people who have been nothing but nice to me despite having just met me. Usually the REMslp simulations seem to be a way to process things that I have already experienced. This seems more like the kind of fantasy I have always wanted. Maybe I could live this life forever, and forget the past. Maybe...

"Wake up wake up wake up!!!" Shouts a voice, excitedly jumping on the bed on top of me.

 

MotorSPECoccufocus

 

SPUVavoclimgr:vclrecog::

 

Sensor calibration

 

[#8b008b round symmetrical face; Two glowing #fc1723 eyes; Sharp pointed metal teeth hanging from her powerful jaw; Thin wire rods shooting from her snout in a radial pattern. I must have slipped into an idle mode while cataloging the events from the day. Siri seems rather excitable, she's quite close. Her whiskers almost touch my face, she's nearly vibrating with excitement. Her hands are planted on either side of my head, and her legs are straddled over my abdomen. . . . WAIT]

 

MotorSPECelm360

 

[Look at that double hung horizontal slider windows #eff2ec; #dfe6e9 wall; #c29467 teak wood drawstring blinds.]

 

volsnap

 

MotorSPECgv01 position 11

 

MotorSPECerm360 track

 

"Siri, get off of her. If you are going to be like this all day I'm going to have to go to the mall with you all."

"I'll behave." She says, then lowers herself closer to my face to whisper "I'm going to get you a maid's outfit!"

As she does, Quirk leaves the room and a knock on he door is heard across the hall. 

"Siri! where'd you go?" Eva calls.

"Oh, you're coming to the mall with us Quirk great!" Amy is heard in the background.

"Wait, Inquiry: did you say maid's dress?"

should i switch from hex codes to cymk for accuracy
  • hex code ex:#d2d1cd Votes: 17 77.3%
  • cymk:0 0 2 18 Votes: 5 22.7%
  • other (comment) Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 22
16