Special Chapter: A certain summoner’s story.
65 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A black-haired wolf boy was in front of me. He was probably around 15-17 years old. A black sword was being held by his hands and he pointed it at me.

"Are you ready?" I asked.

"Yes!" he enthusiastically replied.

I looked over his stance and I could tell he had experience in fights. There weren't any obvious openings and I could feel his attention being focused on me.

"Under the name of Mitsukage Yachiyo,

I bind you to your contract.

Obey me!

Fire Atronarchs!" I chanted.

Three humanoid beings made up of fire appeared in front of me. Those were Fire Atronarchs, summoned creatures that could shoot out flames. They were the most basic of summoned creatures and were very easy to control.

"My test is defeating those three, right?" the boy asked.

"That's right. You can do anything like using any magic or weapons. I'll just observe you over here", I answered.

The boy charged at the Fire Atronarchs and swung his sword. He was clearly trained in wielding that weapon since he didn't make any unnecessary movements. In one swift motion, he cut one of the Fire Atronarchs into two pieces and made it disappear.

The other two Fire Atronarchs maintained their distance and shot balls of fire. The boy easily dodged those attacks and closed the gap between another Fire Atronarch in just a few seconds.

After cutting down the second Fire Atronarch, the boy faced the third one. It continued shooting out flames but the boy effortlessly dodged them. Only a few seconds passed and the boy cut down the last one.

"How's that? Did I do well?" he asked.

"Yeah. You've proven that you can survive as an adventurer. You pass the test", I gave him a piece of paper to certify that he passed my examination.

"That's great! I was worried that the test would be difficult. I just have to show this to a clerk and they'll approve my request to be registered, right?" he asked.

"That's right. What's your name, kiddo?"

"Yuzuya. My name is Yuzuya Miyazaki."

"Alright. I look forward to hearing your accomplishments as an adventurer, Yuzuya."

The boy ran out of the examination room. My work as an examiner was done and I was about to leave when a pink-haired girl approached me.

"Did he pass the test?" she asked.

Her name was Anemachi, one of the Adventurer Guild's clerks. She's popular among the adventurers despite being a fairly new clerk.

"Yep. He's quite strong so I'm sure he'll go far", I answered.

"It sure is nice to see hopeful young people", she said.

I saw that she had a troubled look on her face and since I was a nice guy, I decided to ask.

"Is something wrong? You've been having a troubled expression lately."

"You've heard of my little sister, right?"

I nodded. She once told me that she had a cute little sister who was very sickly. Her little sister spent most of her time in her bed because of her weak body.

"She's getting worse and the doctors can't do anything", she said.

"Does she have an incurable disease?"

"No. There's nothing wrong with her physical body. It's more like there's a problem with her Life Force that she's very weak."

That was a problem. A living creature has an energy inside them called their Life Force. It was the energy responsible for keeping a creature alive and affected the creature's mana production and stamina.

"But enough about that. I see you haven't taken a quest lately. Are you on hiatus?" she asked.

"I'm busy researching a certain project of mine. I still have enough money to last me through the next few months so there's no problem with me focusing on my project."

I looked at the time and it was already 2:00 in the afternoon.

"Ah crap. I gotta go! I still have to meet a certain someone! See ya, Anemachi!" I jogged ahead.

It didn't take long until I arrived at a certain cafe. I looked around and saw the person I was supposed to meet, a black-haired man with brown eyes wearing a black suit.

"Sorry. I'm late because I had to deal with an examination for an aspiring adventurer", I bowed my head as an apology.

"There's no need to worry about that. I've only been here for a few minutes", he flashed a warm smile.

I took a seat and ordered a cup of coffee.

"To what do I owe this pleasure of meeting the "Mean-Eyed Summoner"?" he asked.

"To cut to the chase, I want to interview you as the vessel of the Primordial Dream", I answered.

The person in front of me was named Yagoo, an influential person in Westa's Idol Industry. He was also the vessel of a Primordial Being called the Primordial Dream.

Lately, I've developed an interest in the mysterious Primordial Beings. They were powerful creatures who commanded a certain aspect of Reality. Primordial Beings reside in a different plane of existence and the only way for them to interact with our world was to get a vessel.

"I see. You are curious about the Primordial Dream? What do you intend to do about the information you'll receive from me?" he asked.

"This is just to satisfy my curiosity. I already read all of the books about Primordial Beings in Westa's libraries but most of them only gave general information."

"And how did you know that I am the vessel of the Primordial Dream?"

"Oh that? I developed magic that can connect me to the plane of existence where Primordial Beings reside. I then traced a connection made by the Primordial Dream and you just happened to be the end of that connection."

"And why are you curious about us?"

"It's been 7 years since I got sent to this world after I died from an accident. This world keeps on surprising me and I love living here. Primordial Beings happened to be an interesting concept and I want to learn more about them."

Yagoo thought for a bit.

"Very well then. I'll tell you everything I know as the vessel of the Primordial Dream."

"Thank you very much!"

###

The sun was already setting and I was on my way home. My talk with Yagoo was very fruitful and I learned a lot about Primordial Beings. Fundamentally, they were the same as summoned creatures except that they needed vessels. I even learned about the process of turning someone into a vessel and I had lots of theories on how to make it simpler.

"Ah! Mitsukage! You're back!" a pink-haired girl ran towards me.

Her name was Momo, my neighbor. She was a mischievous girl who loved thrills and exciting things. When she found out I was from another world, she would often ask me questions relating to that.

"What's up, Momo?" I asked.

"Look! I have a regular coin!" she showed me a simple silver coin on her palm.

She then closed her palms and did distracting hand motions. When she opened them again, the coin was gone.

"And it's now gone! But wait!" she closed her palms again and shook it.

A red rose appeared after a puff of smoke. I couldn't sense any mana coming out of her when she did those tricks.

"You've been practicing magicless tricks, huh?" I asked.

"Yes! I showed my tricks to my classmates and they were impressed. This is a fun hobby!"

"I see. Good job!"

"I know many more tricks! Wanna see?"

"Sure. I got time!"

"Then watch the great Spade Echo's show!"

"Spade Echo? You're going for that stage name?"

"What? It's a name we thought of together. It's really cool and it would be a waste if I don't use it!"

"Alright. Show me all of your tricks, Spade Echo."

###

The next day arrived and it was raining. I spent last night trying to compile what Yagoo told me. One thing I learned about Primordial Beings was that their vessels would have powerful Life Forces. Because of this, they have high mana capacity and high stamina.

I was on my way to the Adventurer's Guild when a girl bumped into me.

It was none other than Anemachi. She didn't bring any umbrella and was drenched from the rain.

"Is something wrong, Anemachi?" I asked.

She looked at me and tears were running down her face. Something was definitely wrong.

"S..Suisei... Suisei is..." she sobbed.

"Alright. Alright. Take a deep breath and relax. After that, tell me everything."

She did what I told her to do and managed to calm down.

"Suisei's dying. Mom and dad brought doctors but all they could say was that her Life Force was getting weaker. She won't last for long and I can't do anything about it. I tried running to all of the doctors and mages in Westa but they said they can't do anything. What should I do?" Anemachi began crying again.

Hold on... Life Force?

"Anemachi, bring me to your little sister", I told her.

We arrived at her house and saw her parents. They were crying too and their eyes were filled with despair. When I arrived at Suisei's room, I saw a pale blue-haired girl lying on a bed.

"Anemachi... Who is that man?" her father asked.

"I know a way to help her. But it's still a theory so I don't know if it will work. I need your permission to try out my method", I answered.

"A way?" her mother asked.

I explained everything to them and they agreed with my plan as long as it could save their dying daughter.

When I got their permission, I told them to prepare a large space for me. They cleared out their living room and I took out a chalk made of special material and started drawing a complicated magic circle.

I placed several runes, inscriptions, and lots of other things. According to what Yagoo told me, making a vessel for a Primordial Being was like making a contract with a summoned creature. Thanks to that knowledge, I managed to figure out how to simplify the process of turning someone into a vessel.

"Place Suisei in the middle of the magic circle", I instructed her father and he brought the dying girl.

Normally, one needed a catalyst relating to the Primordial Being just to call them. However, I was able to connect to the plane where Primordial Beings reside so I no longer needed a catalyst.

"M...Mom? ...Dad? What's going on?" Suisei opened her eyes.

"Hello there. My name is Mitsukage Yachiyo. I'm going to try to save your life. Just trust me, okay?" I told her.

Suisei weakly looked at me and nodded her head. Now that I got her permission, it was time to start the ritual.

"Under the name of Mitsukage Yachiyo,

I seek an audience with you.

You are a being beyond my comprehension,

Beyond my abilities,

And beyond my power.

If you hear this insignificant one's call,

I request you to answer.

Appear before me!

The one who controls the wonderful celestial objects in the sky!"

The magic circle glowed and I could feel a very powerful presence appearing in the room.

"I am the one who commands all of the stars. I am the one who shines light during the night. I am none other than the Primordial Star. I have heard your call, Mitsukage Yachiyo. As courtesy for showing the appropriate respect to me, I shall hear your request." a powerful voice echoed.

"Greetings, powerful one. I have only one request for you. Please turn this young girl into your vessel and grant her life", I bowed down.

"Give me a reason why I should turn this girl into one."

"Her name is Suisei Hoshimachi. She has a weak Life Force and is dying. I want you to help her live and make her experience a fulfilling life."

The Primordial Star was silent.

"Your intentions are pure and sincere. You have no ulterior motives and you only wish to save this dying girl. Very well. In response to your request made out of goodwill, I shall form a contract with this girl and help her live a fulfilling life."

"Thank you, Primordial Star. Your generosity is appreciated", I bowed once more.

The powerful presence disappeared and the magic circle stopped glowing. After a few seconds of silence, Suisei sat up and her pale complexion was replaced with a healthy one.

"I feel stronger", she said.

"Suisei!" Anemachi ran towards her and gave her a hug while crying.

Her father and mother also gave her a hug.

"Thank you! Thank you so much, Mitsukage! Thank you!" Anemachi then gave me a hug after she was done with Suisei.

"I'm just glad I could help", I was tired from using up most of my mana just to summon the Primordial Star. However, I was happy for the family.

"How can we ever repay you?" her father asked.

"I just did it for my friend. I'm not looking for any payment. But if you do insist, then the payment I'm looking for is that you'll help Suisei live a fulfilling life now that she's got a second chance."

"Mitsukage! Thank you!" Anemachi hugged me tighter and I patted her head.

###

It's been a month since I turned Suisei into the vessel of the Primordial Star. She was much healthier than before and could even dance around. Anemachi was very grateful for what I did and she kept thanking me whenever she got the chance.

I was on my way home from accomplishing a quest when a robed man approached me. His entire body was wrapped in bandages and I could feel that he was inhuman.

"Mitsukage Yachiyo, I have come for you", he said.

"And you are?" I asked.

"Our organization is willing to hire you as a researcher."

"Researcher for what?"

"Your expertise in Primordial Beings has reached us. We want you to help in fulfilling our greatest ambition. Do you want to create history in this world?"

"I'm listening."

At that time, I never thought I would get involved in a huge mess.

###

A/N: Yay! FAW reached 2k votes in Wattpad! Thanks for supporting it all this time!

This special chapter revealed some interesting tidbits. Did you guys catch the small hints I placed here and there?

0