Chapter 82: Cold water takes up space
25 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A trail of ice formed from Lamy’s body and headed towards Sana. At the same instance, countless drops of water appeared above Gura and launched themselves at her enemy.

Sana snapped her finger and the drops of water and ice curved away from her. 

“How formidable. She’s distorting space itself”, Anya said.

“Then that means she’s untouchable?” I asked.

After standing up, Gura rode a wave of water and lunged at Sana. Meanwhile, sharp icicles hovered above Lamy and shot themselves. 

“Spatial Rejection”, Sana said.

Gura and the icicles were all pushed back by an invisible force. But Lamy didn’t falter as she launched more icicles at Sana. 

The icicles all missed Sana as she expertly dodged them. After that, she pointed her index finger at Lamy and the blue-haired elf’s body fell to the ground.

Gura got up and charged once more. Drops of water appeared and shot themselves at Sana. However, all of them curved away and didn’t even get near to her.

A large shadow casted over Sana and when she looked up, she saw a large chunk of ice falling towards her.

“Spatial Rejection”, she said and the chunk of ice was blown away.

Gura, who was near Sana at that time, was also knocked back. Lamy created an ice path and slid on it which allowed her to get near Sana in a few seconds. A sword made up of ice appeared and Lamy used it to attack her opponent but Sana dodged it once more.

“Kneel”, Sana said and Lamy’s body was on the ground.

But while Sana was distracted with Lamy, Gura managed to conjure a large wave of water and direct it to her. Sana managed to put up some distance but Gura’s attack still caught up with her. However, the wave of water curved away and couldn’t touch her body.

“This is a stalemate”, I said.

Sana could repel them away if they ever got close, curve their attacks away, and even stop them from moving. She was completely untouchable.

“No. Take a look at Gura and Lamy. Their eyes didn’t give up yet”, Anya told me.

“Do you have an idea, Lamy?” Gura asked.

“She has limitations on her power. For starters, she can’t use two abilities at the same time. If she’s pinning one of us down, then she can’t curve away our attacks unless she’ll stop using that ability”, Lamy said.

“And there’s a cooldown between her Spatial Rejections. Four? No. Three seconds”, Gura added.

Sana clapped her hands.

“You two were analyzing my abilities. I’ll give you props for being correct. It’s dangerous to tamper with space so I can’t use both abilities at once. As for my Spatial Rejection, space needs time to reconstruct itself after I twist it around. It would be dangerous if I were going to keep twisting it and not letting it recover ”, she said.

“Oh? Are you dumb? Why are you telling us your limitations? Even a child knows that your limitations are the last thing you should say to an enemy”, Gura smirked.

“The answer to that is simple. Even if you know, you can’t defeat me.”

“Let’s see about that”, Lamy swung her arm and everything in front of her froze as a large ice formed.

“Spatial Rejection” Sana said and the ice crumbled to pieces while getting pushed away by her abilities.

The moment Sana’s Spatial Rejection was over, Gura jumped right in and attacked her. She kept thrusting her trident and swinging it but Sana managed to avoid her attacks without much difficulty.

“Spatial Rejection.”

While Gura was blown away, chunks of ice headed towards Sana. However, she moved around the battlefield and managed to get away from those attacks.

“Are you even taking this battle seriously? Your attacks aren’t even hitting me!” she said and then pointed her finger at Lamy which caused her to fall to the ground once more.

“No. We got you right where we want you!” Gura smirked and planted her trident on the ground.

There were chunks of ice all around Sana. And all of them turned into water and launched themselves at her. One drop managed to hit her but after that, the rest curved away from her.

Her wet body began to freeze as Lamy faced her palm at her. Sana was almost frozen solid when she shouted.

“SUPREME SPATIAL REJECTION!”

A crater appeared with her in the center as everything else was blown away.

“I didn’t expect the ice to become water”, Sana was no longer smiling.

“The Primordial Ice and the Primordial Water often have overlapping authorities. Technically, ice is still water so Gura can assert dominance over them”, Lamy said.

“I’m the Primordial Water’s vessel. Ice, water, and even the moisture is under my control. Your enemy is the entire heaven itself”, Gura boasted as all of the ice chunks scattered in the battlefield turned into water.

Sana sighed and cracked her knuckles.

“Then I suppose I should stop playing on the defensive and actually try to hurt you.”

Sana disappeared in front of their eyes. In less than a second later, she appeared behind Gura and delivered a powerful punch which blew her away.

“Spatial Push”, she faced her palm at Lamy and knocked her away with an invisible force.

She faced her palm towards Gura who landed several meters away.

“Spatial Attraction.”

And then Gura’s body floated and swiftly moved towards her. Sana grabbed her neck and threw her up in the sky. After that, she pointed her finger at her and Gura swiftly crashed down as if gravity became unbelievably strong.

Sharp ice headed towards Sana after Lamy got up but she didn’t even faze.

“Spatial Rejection.”

Once more, everything around her was pushed away, including Gura’s body.

“Gura!” Lamy shouted.

But there was no response.

“Don’t worry about her. She’s just unconscious. I don’t think she’s that weak to be killed by attacks of that level”, Sana smiled.

“..Strong”, I said.

“Even if it was a two-against-one, she still had an advantage”, Anya muttered.

This was bad. Our plan was to separate the Council and force them to fight on their own. If Lamy and Gura get defeated here, then Sana could go towards Fauna or Mumei and help them. 

And everything would go downhill if they were going to band together like that. Individually, they were able to push the vessels of the Primordial Beings. If they were going to work together, we would be crushed.

“But you should worry about yourself. Try not to die in this attack”, Sana said as a small black orb appeared on her palm.

The orb rose to the sky. And then the ground crumbled. Pieces of the ground, along with everything else on it, rose up and went to the orb. 

“Don’t worry about your friend. I’m keeping her pinned to the ground like this. If she gets crushed by my Planetary Creation, she’ll definitely die. I’d rather not have unnecessary deaths while I’m around”, Sana said.

Lamy rose up to the sky as she stood over a rock that was being pulled towards the orb. Her body could no longer be seen as the rocks covered the orb. A few minutes later and there was a sphere made up of compressed ground floating above the field.

“That’s a shame. I actually expected her to put up more of a fight. But it couldn’t be helped that she gave up. After all, it only took me less than a minute to show them their places”, Sana giggled.

A drop of water appeared and shot towards her but it didn’t touch her body as it curved away.

“You’re conscious already? It would be in your best interest to lie down like that. You two have clearly lost”, Sana frowned.

“... The Primordial Ice is often called the inferior version of the Primordial Water. While the Primordial Water can control ice, the Primordial Ice can’t control water. They thought all it could do was turn any form of water, whether liquid or gas, into ice”, Gura shakily stood up.

“What’s your point?” 

“My point is… The Primordial Ice is more than that. Its authority isn’t just limited to turning water into ice. That’s a misconception”, Gura pointed at the large sphere floating above the battlefield.

Sana’s eyes widened as she saw that the sphere was frozen solid. Gura snapped her fingers and the ice turned into water. 

And Lamy descended. The moment her feet touched the ground, it completely froze. We could even see white mist coming out of Sana and Gura’s mouths whenever they breathed thanks to the cold.

“The Primordial Ice isn’t just limited to turning water into ice. It can freeze anything and everything and turn them into ice as if it was alchemy. That’s why your sphere of dirt turned into ice which I turned into water”, Gura pointed her trident at Sana.

Lamy took out a bottle and drank from it.

“Sake is good. It really warms me up. I hope you have your own way to warm up, Speaker of Space”, Lamy glared at Sana.

“Who said we already lost? We’re just getting serious!” Gura charged.

The ground of the entire battlefield turned into ice. And Gura converted parts of the ground into water and wielded it as her weapon.

“I see.. What a fearsome combination”, Anya said.

“Yeah. If Lamy could convert anything into ice, Gura would get stronger because she has more water to use”, I agreed.

I looked at the other screens and I was still worried. There were no clear outcomes yet. 

Haato was beating up Mumei’s army while Shion supported her. Kiara and Calliope were holding on against the storm that Fauna conjured. And now Gura and Lamy were fighting seriously against Sana.

“And the fourth one has arrived”, Yagoo pointed at Ina’s screen.

A red-haired girl with mouse ears was walking in midair. If that wasn’t weird enough, she was upside down.

“Looks like I got baited out, huh?” she asked.

“Like a rat getting lured to a trap”, Ina answered.

“Is that supposed to be a reference to how I’m a rat?”

“Are you not? You have rat ears and your clothes have the word “RAT” on it. I assumed you already accepted that you’re a rat.”

“You got a point. Now, then… I don’t think you’re going to tell me where the Primordial Dark is without a fight, are you?”

“I might be the wielder of the Primordial Knowledge’s vessel but I won’t freely give knowledge like that.”

“Oh? Primordial Knowledge? Then this should be easy.”

The red-haired girl grinned as she pointed at Ina.

“I’ll show you how useless your knowledge is in front of Baelz Hakos, the Chaos!”

 

0