Chapter 102: A threat that can destroy the world
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Several golems headed towards us while we prepared for a fight. Even though I expected something like this to happen, I still felt disappointed. 

Because it’s expected of this world to be a disappointment, right? Noir said.

I unsheathed Anya and looked at the approaching army. The Legion was supposed to be a defense system capable of destroying a country overnight. With only six of us, this was going to be a tiring battle.

Or at least, that’s what I thought.

Kanata walked forward and cracked her knuckles. A large golem lunged at her and swung down its fist. But using her three fingers, she stopped the attack.

“Not bad”, she grinned.

Cracks appeared on the golem’s arm and Kanata swung it around to mow down the other attackers. After that, she threw the golem away and pointed at Rikka.

“Is that all you got, Core Mind?!” she asked.

In response to her taunt, Rikka snapped his finger and several cannons popped up from some golems. But I somehow managed to make her shadow rise up and protect her from compressed mana beams.

“You can thank me later”, I told her.

“I didn’t really need it but okay”, Kanata replied.

Red sparks appeared around Ollie and she charged at the golems. Following her was Ayame, who unsheathed both of her swords, and some skeleton soldiers which were summoned by Rushia.

“Hey, Ayame! Are we doing that battle tactic?!” Kanata asked.

“With our current resources, that seems to be the best one!” Ayame answered.

“Wait… Are you serious?!” Rushia shouted.

Interesting. What kind of strategies do the student council presidents of the Underworld Academy and the Celestial Academy have that is the best fit for this situation? Anya muttered.

Ayame and Kanata nodded to each other before going separate ways.

“DON’T GET IN MY WAY!!” they shouted.

Now that’s a fool-proof tactic! Noir snickered.

Ollie grinned as large waves of red sparks came out of her body and hit the golems. Green skeletal hands made from magic floated near Rushia and swatted away her enemies while her skeleton soldiers were fighting.

I then tried to charge straight at Rikka but some of the Legion blocked my path. One golem swung its arm but I commanded its shadow to cut off its limbs.

But while I was busy with that, more golems prepared their cannons and fired their attacks. There were also some large golems that were blocking my escape routes so I had no other choice.

“Synchronicity Release!” I shouted.

My shadow protected me from the compressed beams and once they were done, I created a sword made from Dark Magic and struck down three golems’ limbs with Merryweather’s Royal Dual Wielding.

A large golem swung down its weapon but I switched to Yoclesh’s Oni Rush. Using swift and precise attacks, I managed to immobilize the golem before going back to Merryweather’s Royal Dual Wielding.

“Interesting. The Sword of Records is a powerful weapon”, Rikka said.

I knocked back one golem using Leo’s Wild Sword that had Ryuuki’s Enhancement Magic. A beam of white light came out of my hand and froze the other golems using Ars’ magic.

But despite defeating a few of them, there were still many more golems waiting for a chance to kill me.

“Do you know why the Legion is scary?” Rikka asked.

He pointed at Ayame who was having trouble with a golem. She tried to slash and stab but her opponents dodged her…

No…

Are they predicting her attacks? Anya asked.

“I told you, didn’t I? I’m a support who specializes in gathering information. Attack patterns, skills, abilities, magic… I already know many things about you. And while you fight the Legion, the Legion is gathering data to be sent and analyzed by me, the Core Mind!” Rikka shouted.

I switched to Wild Sword Style but a golem blocked my attack. And even though I started using Royal Dual Wielding, I could barely scratch them.

“RUSHIA! WHY AREN’T YOU SUMMONING THAT ARMY?!” Ollie asked.

She was getting pushed back by a large golem while getting hit by beams of compressed mana. Her body might be healing itself using those red sparks but I could see that Ollie’s movements were becoming sluggish.

“I can only summon them once per fifteen days! It takes that amount of mana and preparation!” Rushia answered.

Green butterflies floated around her and more skeletal warriors appeared. However, they were easily destroyed by the Legion.

Kanata was punching and crushing the Legions but that was only if she managed to get close and land a hit.

No wonder the Legion didn’t immediately try to overpower you with numbers. As the battle dragged on and data got gathered, they would become stronger, Anya said.

And as if to crush our hopes, Rikka’s eyes glowed and the doors of the room opened. More Legion golems were on standby and I didn’t need to feel their shadows to know that there were hundreds of them.

“I’m honored. An army of robots with enough force to destroy a country in a single night is actually trying hard to beat me?” I asked.

“You are a threat that can destroy the world if you wish. This amount is justified”, Rikka replied.

A large cylindrical container appeared in the middle of the room and brown light seeped through its gaps.

“I am a master in gathering information and from what I saw, you have very high chances of destroying the world. I don’t want to risk it.”

The cylindrical container opened and revealed a woman with short brown hair and mechanical-looking black arms and legs.

“How can I trust your words when you, yourself, are unsure of them yourself?! Roboco! Activate!”

After a bright brown light flashed, I found myself flying across the room. I could taste blood inside my mouth and it was getting difficult to breathe. When I landed on the ground, I couldn’t hear much except for a buzzing noise and Ayame screaming.

There was a warm feeling on my sides and I didn’t have to look to know that I was bleeding. My body was heavy and my vision was hazy.

Yield, Primordial Dark! So the world shall be mine!!

Annoying…

With your power, I can achieve my goals!

Annoying!

The Dark Corruption is a valuable resource that’ll bring immense profits!

Annoying!!! If they won’t leave me alone, I’ll-

If you weren’t there, I would’ve been sent off as an annoying civilian. I never told you this before but... Thank you, Mikage.

My vision cleared up as I pinched myself. I entered Synchronicity once again and used Ars’ best Healing Magic to fix myself.

Mikage! Don’t push yourself! Your mana is getting low and your mind is overworked! Anya said.

I knew that. But there was no room for me to take it easy. If I stop here, then I wouldn’t be able to go home.

“Noir… I have an infinite Life Force, right? I can’t die, right?” I asked.

What are you-

Yes. Your body might be in tatters and your mind might get broken… But you cannot die, Noir interrupted Anya by answering my question.

“So why am I getting tired?”

Your body is still a human’s. You can get tired but you can’t die. Your Life Force is infinite but your stamina still recovers depending on how you command your body.

“Hey, Anya. Haato’s Full Lunacy works by removing the limiters of her mind, right? Can I…”

No! What are you saying?! That’ll bring too much strain to yourself! You’ll be in unbearable pain! Anya shouted.

With your infinite Life Force, you should be more creative, Mikage, Noir said.

I refuse! Whatever you’re planning, I won’t-

“Anya… This is the only way… No one will die if I do this”, I said.

That doesn’t justify it!

Anya Melfissa. Are you saying you will ignore this young man’s resolve? Shiki’s voice asked.

B-But…

“Anya… Please. Hear me out.”

I told her my plan and all of the masters and Noir laughed. Some of them had a hint of concern in their voices but even I thought it was funny how much I was going to put myself through.

You won’t back down even if I say no, will you? Anya asked.

“This is the best way to get out of this… Not the perfect one but the best available one”, I answered.

Fine… But if it becomes too much, I’ll stop.

I took a deep breath and channeled my mana inside Anya. Using all of my concentration and both Anya and Ars’ support, I used the necessary amount of effort to create an image and gather resolve.

All I needed was a name to shout out and materialize the eight images in my mind.

“Dark Synchronicity: Shadow Resonance!!”

A massive headache appeared in my mind and my body began to warm up. My eyes were stinging and my breath was becoming ragged. 

But in exchange, eight Shadow Companions in the form of Anya’s previous masters were in front of me.

“Hey, Rikka… Let me ask you… a question…Who will win? The Legion that can… destroy a country… overnight?”

The smile on Rikka’s face disappeared and the eight Shadow Companions drew their weapons.

“Or eight people who have legends about them when they were wielding the Sword of Records?!!”

 

0