Taskmaster
280 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a number of goblin clears, we found ourselves in front of the first boss. It was a spear-wielding, brute goblin. Size-wise, he was two times bigger than a normal goblin, and instead of the usual distinctive green skin, he had grey skin. He was called Taskmaster. Since this was a prison set up by the system, we assumed that he was in charge of all the little green-skinned goblins that we had been killed previously.

‘I can't blatantly shout out cheats and glitches found out by players who ran this dungeon over 100 times. This will raise a level of suspicion in the party. We can only do things within the boundaries of the skills that we have,’ I thought. ‘I can give a helping hand but it must not be too much to strifeful their growth.’

I turned to the party.

Mia: You all can see the boss in front of us, he is carrying a sword-like bone. I don't know exactly what we will face but leave the defending to me. You all have to be aware of your surroundings. I will keep the boss facing away from you, I will also try to draw your attention to some skills. Please, try to use as many single target skills as you can, save your AoEs in case we need them.

I ran into the boss with my shield in front of me, circling to his back and slashing him three times in succession with my iron sword. “Miss” “Miss” “1” appeared over the boss's head as my attacks landed on the bosses back. Due to my high threat skill <Bunker>, the boss turned away from the rest of the party, swinging his sword in my direction.

Clack, “Block”

Mia: Attack!

Silver: <Prayer of Mending>; this was used on me.

Seeing me get into my stance, the DD’s started their attacks. There were no mechanics for the party to look out for, it was a simple Tank and spank strategy,

[Get out here and defend me!]

At 75%, the boss called for help; 10 green-skinned goblins at the party, answering his call.

Mia: <Anchor>

I immediately pulled the one closest to Silver, followed Srebrna, and then Maya. By now all 11 monsters were already aggroed on me.

Mia: Focus on the smaller monsters. Use your AOE’s skills once!

The party responded as instructed, Area of Effect skills damaged the group of monsters and reduced the pressure on me.

[Suffer my cleave!]

At 50%, instead of the boss calling for help, he activated his skill <Cone Cleave>. This was a cone attack towards a target. This was easily managed as he was fully focused on me.

[Get out here and defend me!]

At 25%, the boss called for help again, and this time 10 normal sized grey-skinned goblins came to his aid.

Mia: Focus on the smaller monsters. Use your AOE’s skills once! Use MP potions if needed!

The grey-skinned goblins had more health than the common green-skinned goblins.

At 5%, the boss was enraged, doubling his damage output. Normally, this was something to be feared at this difficulty, but for someone with 25 DEF, it wasn’t even enough to make me use a potion.

Eventually, the boss died.

[System Announcement:  First Run Hell Mode Achievement; Killing Taskmaster without any of the group dying]

[Reward: 5 unassigned attribute point and 2 skill points]

Everyone was excited; a lot of skill points were required to upgrade skills. Skill points could only be obtained when a player levelled up, but now the party had found another way to obtain skill points and that was through achievements.

I decided to upgrade all my skills. I used the 5 unassigned AP to increase my base DEF, and 2 SP into maxing out <Ignore Pain>, 4 SP to max <Bunker>, and 4 SP to max <Anchor>.

Also, everyone was now level 7.

 

Name: Mia Rose

Class: Legendary Bunker Warrior

Profession: Mining

Race: Terra Human

Level: 7

<Active> Title: -

<Inactive> Title: Last human standing of a fallen race, Mankind’s Hope

Attribute Point: 0

 

Skill Point: 10

VIT

21

HP

210

<Ignore Pain>*

<Bunker>*

STR

21

Fatigue

0

<Anchor>*

 

DEF

26 (+26)

Stamina

210

 

 

 

 

Mana

 

 

 

 

Bunker

5/5

<Instant>

500 mana / Sec

 

Description:

Generate 100% threat constantly.

DEF +25 when active. Movement speed is reduced by 50% when this skill is active.

 

Anchor

<Instant>

500 mana

 

Description:

Launch 3 chains to grasp and pull an enemy to you.

This attack cannot be dodged or reflected.

This attack now stuns or interrupts

Ignore Pain

<Passive>

Level 3/3

250 mana/sec

 

Description: Fight through the pain, ignoring 60% of physical damage

 

Generally, reduces the amount of pain felt when taking damage

 

Mia: Is everyone ready? Let’s check what's in the loot.

After the boss dissolved a treasure chest was left behind. 

Inside it was:

[Silk wraps x 10] This was good for the tailoring profession so was given to Srebrna.

[Rare spear: Taskmasters Javelin] -- This could be used by a warrior or hunter, both Maya and Loody didn’t want to change their current weapons so the group agreed to sell this item when they were back in town.

[5 Gold]

[Skill book: Dispel] This was automatically given to Silver to learn as the only priest in the group.

[Rare bracers: Binding Chains] This was an item that gave +5 STR to its wearer, which was perfect for Loody; a warrior's damage increased the more strength he had.

Mia: We will continue when Silver's mana is 100%. 

The party had to face a lot of grey-skinned goblins in the second part of the dungeon. Due to the increase in attributes and upgrade of skills, the pathway to the second boss was very easy. I pulled in large groups, which was cleared by the group. Our levels were now bordering level 9; it was time to try for the second achievement.

11