Chapter 3: T-Virus; The plant of ‘Devorga’
14 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"In the year 2357, the United Nations, including 162 countries, agreed on the Universal Chip Implant Program. This project is to send an infertile bug with a chip into people's brains so that the government can fix all sorts of brain problems and even activate their potential talents.

However, once in people's brains, the bugs got mutated and started producing a perilous virus, the T-Virus, or Teran Decease. This virus rapidly spread out in the entire world, and before investigation and cures were invented, 96% of humans were already dead.

The typical symptom would be an irregular heartbeat and skin decay. People die when the plant which the scientists call 'Devorga' started to grow out of an infected person's body and slowly eats up his internal organs..."

"So those disgusting plant tangling around people's body are called 'Devorga.'" I mumbled to myself after watching the video projected by the machine, "It looks like this disease is deadly, but why am I the only one not infected?"

Those questions stayed in my mind as I continued on my exploration. I found all sorts of can food as well as water in a huge storage room where the door was busted, and the lock was broken.

With a torchlight in one hand and a metal stick in the other, I walked cautiously towards the exit that led out to the outside world.

Suddenly, I heard a sound, the sound of something dropping down to the ground, like a nail. I stopped walking, and as if trying to hide my presence, I stopped breathing as well.

I saw a faint glow from the exit room, the sort of glow like a television playing in a dark room. I held on tighter to my metal stick and tiptoed towards the source of the light.

As I got closer to the room, my heart started beating faster in an uncontrolled manner. I could hear, coming from the small room, a buzzing sound. After taking a deep breath, I slowly poked my head out to get a glance at whatever was inside. 

The room was dark, with only the emergency light flickering occasionally. There was nothing except for some old shoes scattered around and lots of dead bodies.

I can see the exit that cut me from the outside world; it was right there in front of my eyes!

But just before I decided that it was safe outside, I saw a giant insect that was more than 2 meters in length. It was a horrifying creature who was devouring a human corpse with its mouth covered with blood.

The pungent smell of blood and the outstanding color of bright red almost made me unable to stop my urge to vomit. But after gasping for air heavily and soothing myself down a little, I managed to start thinking properly.

It is almost impossible to fight this colossal insect openly and directly, so it is probably a good idea to just run away and hide for now. So without any further ado, I moved step by step, putting my foot gently on the ground each time, and slowly left the exit room...

I returned to my egg-shaped machine, which I knew, after watching the instructions, was called a 'Hypnovum.' I threw myself to the bed and closed my eyes, and I slept before I knew it.

2408-07-04

For the past two days, I've been trying to think of a plan to get out of here without getting eaten by the disgusting insect. Rushing or any direct attack will not work; distracting its attention for a sufficient amount of time for me to open the heavy door and run away seemed risky; Hiding my presence will require a lot of preparation and luck.

The more I thought about it, the more it made my head sore. So I simply decided to go with the plan of hiding my presence. I just need some luck, which I had, because I was lucky to have survived the T-Virus, right?

As for preparation, I meant to observe whether the creature feels the world by sight, smell, hearing, or something else. I'll be able to make different plans based on the results of the investigation.

I know this is starting to sound like a science experiment, but I would say this is indeed an experiment, except if I fail, I may die.

I brought with me a nail, some gasoline, as well as a match to light it up. So my holy experiment started at this moment...

2