Chapter 1: World by design
853 9 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ashton Khan was known for many things in the technology industry. Most notably being the CEO of Khan Games, a massive tech giant. He was a elderly man in his seventies but thanks to all the plastic surgery he doesn't look a day over 50. His signature long sleek black hair flows down to his shoulders and a stubble beard across his face.

 

“Morning Mr Khan, are you here to inspect the facility and team?” A female secretary asked Ashton. He simply nodded to the woman and she led the way.

 

After going through two locked doors and having his finger print scanned he proceeded down an elevator for a hundred floors. Ashton arrived at his secret facility. Ashton considered himself a family man but despite his good looks and a net worth of billions he finds himself cursed by god.

 

His beautiful daughter was happily married to a chinese businessman. They had a child and called him Yuan. While out for a family holiday to the beach the family's car was smashed into by the infamous truck kun...

 

His daughter and her husband were killed on impact, meanwhile little Yuan who was only 3 years old was saved from being killed thanks to his small size and the car seat he was in.

 

Although he lived, the boy was paralysied from the neck down and became functionally trapped in his own body. Ashton took the boy in as he was the child's only remaining family member. He would spend a lot of time tending to and entertaining his grandson. One of Yuan’s favourite hobbies was reading manga and watching anime. 

 

Since he couldn’t turn the pages himself he needed a maid to read it to him. He was fascinated by the adventures these characters would go on. Being trapped in the hospital for many years meant that his only escape was through reading or his imagination.

 

His grandfather when he was free would also stop by and read manga to the boy. Although he personally found the content to sometimes be a little childish he could see the stars in his grandson’s eyes. 

 

Ashton didn’t really care that much but he just enjoyed listening to the boy talk about these far fetched worlds. Ashton knew modern science couldn’t save his son but maybe technology could give him the escape he so desperately needed?

 

Hence Ashton built a new facility which he was currently standing in to design and research the technology required for this feat. In this underground base a team of researchers and developers are working out how to build a world from scratch and keep it maintained using hundreds of super computers and advanced Ai.

 

On one particular hospital visit Ashton asked Yuan the following question:

 

“Little Yuan, if I could make you a world where you could stand on your own two feet would you be interested?” with a mischievous grin planted on his face.

 

The boy’s eyes went wide “Really? What kind of world?”.

 

Looking at his funny expression the grandfather chuckled and answered back

 

“Any kind of world you want, since it is built for you my grandson”. 

 

The boy of only around 12 years old started telling the old man all his far fetched fantasies. Monsters as big as mountains, People flying around on swords, powerful magic. 

 

The excited child went on with some other crazy ideas he had read from manga. He didn't realise the grandfather was taking a mental note of everything he said seriously. 

 

After an hour of ranting about guilds and magic, the boy stopped and realised how much silly stuff he had said to his grandfather. He looked over expecting the old man to look bored or irritated, but instead he seemed to have a face of someone listening seriously. 

 

The grandfather simply nodded after the boy finished and said his goodbyes. 

 

He relayed what his grandson had said to the team and they began work on creating his world. 

 

Little Yuan had no idea what his grandfather was up to nor did he know about the secret project as it wouldn't be revealed to him until the time was right.

 

10 years later

 

Yuan Khan’s miserable life was finally coming to an end. He had a cancerous tumor in his brain that would kill him in the coming weeks. He had decided not to undergo chemotherapy as his body was already too weak and wouldn't survive it.

 

His grandfather had once again turned up and handed him an iPad with a character customization screen on it. He explained that it was a cool new game that had come out recently and thought he would enjoy passing the time making a character. Yuan, now 22 years of age lying on his deathbed thought that his grandfather coming all the way here just to show him the character customization screen for his company's new game seemed weird.

 

Alas Yuan had nothing better to do then wait to die so he took his grandfather up on his request and started creating a character. He named it after himself since he couldn't come up with anything better. Of course a maid was putting in all the options for him as he couldn’t even move his arm.

 

Next was the hair colour. He planned to make a very powerful looking cultivator. Everyone knew long white hair was a must have to look like a dignified senior cultivator.

 

Yuan selected the most snow white colour and made the length down to the characters knees. Yuan increased the character's height to 186cm.

 

Yuan of course gave him perfect abs and facial features. He had flawless beauty and looked very dignified. He set the age to 20 years old as well.

 

The next options were really interesting for Yuan and he spent most of the time on this part.

 

He could pick which kind of Dao of cultivation his character would follow. There were many options like fire, water, earth, air, lightning, light ect… there were also demonic cultivator options like poison or death.

 

Yuan was tempted to go with demonic cultivation since it seemed edgy or cool, but decided against it, since one of the options in the rare section caught his attention. Dao of Illusions. Instead of directly attacking the person it instead utilised the power of illusions to confuse or destroy the opponents very mind and soul!

 

The idea of being able to defeat opponents without even moving a finger sounded perfect for his dignified senior of a character. There was another section that allowed Yuan to select his starting cultivation level. 

There were the following options: 

 

Mortal Realm - The person has no powers except for a strong body, average life span of 100 years (60% of all people are at this stage)

 

Qi Realm: Early Stage, Middle Stage, Late Stage, Final Stage - The power of Qi has started forming in the person's body allowing for the use of low level techniques that require the use of Aura

 

Average life span 150 years (35% of all people are at this stage)

 

Sage Realm: Early Stage, Middle Stage, Late Stage, Final Stage -

The person is many times more powerful than someone in the Qi realm and can use much higher level techniques. They can suppress someone at the Qi or Mortal realm by just unleashing some Aura.  

 

Average life span 500-1000 years (4% of all people are at this stage)

 

People at the Sage realm are often elders of large sects or the patriarch of smaller families and sects.

 

Divine Realm: Early Stage, Middle Stage, Late Stage, Final Stage -

These people can fly around on swords at hundreds of miles an hour. They can cut mountains in half and some can control the weather. They are very well respected and hold high positions in society.

 

Average life span 10,000 years (0.999% of all people are at this stage)

 

Celestial Realm -

Although not the final step as some believe there is a step beyond, just nobody has reached it yet. In this realm people can fly without the need for a sword to stand on. They can fly at thousands of miles an hour.

 

People at this realm often control entire continents. There are no stages in this realm as it's impossible to measure their powers since everyone in this realm is unique and has their own fighting styles that may not be able to beat others.

 

Average life span unknown, nobody as this stage as every died so many believe them to be possibly immortal. (0.001% of all people are at this stage)

After reading the options Yuan of course picked the Celestial Realm realm. Who wouldn't want to be unmatched and own a continent. 

 

After some other small tweaks here and there he was finally finished with the perfect character, and passed the iPad back to his grandfather, who took it back with a smile. 

 

Some scientist entered with a weird looking helmet and placed it over his head. They told him it was used to measure his brain waves to check on his tumor and put it on.

 

Yuan thought nothing much of it and said goodbye to his grandfather and they placed it on his head.

 

He started feeling very sleepy…

 

-Mind transfer complete-

 

An intense wave of pain assaulted him. Opening his eyes he was greeted with a large lush greenland and he was sitting on top of a hill overlooking it all. There were vast mountains in the distance that pierced the heavens.

 

He looked down at his hand. It looked slightly feminine but masculine at the same time. There was snow white skin and no sign of marks on it. 

 

But wait how was he moving his arm and where the hell is this? 

15