Story 1.1 The Man’s body warmth
8k 11 171
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Fish. . ." Ming Yu said while resting beside the river for a short while.

Ever since offending Admin, they haven't talked but the Admin was good enough not to ignore him and a functioning GPS appeared guiding him to the Capital.

Ming Yu needed to hike his way through the mountains since no carriage would go through it.

He wanted to ask the carriage driver he rode with yesterday to take him to the nearest town but he felt more safe following the Admin's GPS system. He chose to hike.

Although this was his novel, he wasn't the protagonist with an unbeatable golden finger. Others would normally need time to adapt after transmigrating but Ming Yu dared not lose his life from a foolish mistake. Dying from getting robbed by bandits would be embarrassing.

He had a choice to just die and skip this world out but he wasn't a fan of suicide either.

Hanging, poisoned, jumping on a cliff ... self harm needed courage and Ming Yu was a coward.

In the end as the author, the interest to at least have a glimpse of his own characters was higher than the lost of his life, forcing him to try and live.

When he created his characters. Ming Yu didn't have a clear image of how they'll look like. It was the common way of thinking where:

Male Lead > Handsome, Rich Sex Appeal, Heroic, Dominant, Toned-Body not too Muscular, Gentle exclusively to his beloved. . .

or

Antagonist> Either Ugly or Devilish Handsome/Pretty. Has high status since birth. Usually a rank higher than ML. Bad attitude or two-faced b******

-in general.

Ming Yu was about to continue this train of thought heard a rustle nearby him.

This made him freeze but reassured himself that since the system led him to take this path, it should be safe so Ming Yu walked to it's direction only to see nothing.

"Oh..." he mumbled a bit disappointed.

He turned away when Ming Yu was suddenly grabbed by a strong arm and was forcefully caged within the man's embrace. The arm was threatenly wrapped around his throat, hinting how a sharp twist could end his life. A normal person would fight back out f panic but Ming Yu was calm, even unperturbed.

This life was short ... time to die. He accepted fate pretty easily.

"Don't struggle." the man's voice was husky and deep that it tickled his ears. He dragged him to hide behind a boulder and retaliating didn't even came into Ming Yu's mind.

His hands felt the muscles on the man's arm. They were rock hard so how can the puny him fight back?

He didn't want to die of suffocation which was a slow painful death but if this was what fate had in store for him.

Fine then.

"Dammit! Where the hell did he go? Find him! quickly kill that bastard!" Whoever that loudmouth was, how could he be so stupid to shout his orders like that? They could hear him so damn well.

Those killers quickly left and were already out of sight yet the man still haven't loosen his grip on Ming Yu.

His calm and expressionless face was retained and waited for the man's to free him ... if he had planned to. Ming Yu tried to move forward so he could turn his head to look at him when the man's weight fell on his back and pinned him down.

He was like a wish out of water, squirming his way back on his feet but couldn't.

Ming Yu didn't need to do a thorough inspection as the system warned him that the man had been poisoned and was bleeding from a sword wound on his stomach.

"I can't type..." he said troubled.

Admin heard him and the chatroom automatically opened with a notification

----Admin is online.

[Admin: There's a voice command.]

Ming Yu: "..."

[Admin: You hated to talk so there was no point telling you.]

true.

"Shelter". Ming Yu asked.

With a ding the GPS changed its course leading to a hidden cave.

Ming Yu: "thanks."

[Admin: "..."]

----------Admin is offline

Although the man was heavy, Ming Yu's days of working in storage was not for naught. He might have a thinner build but his body was skinny but quite healthy.

With the system's help he was able to alleviate the man's pain and treated his wounds. Before he left the marketplace, Ming Yu left well packed using his gaming knowledge and transmigration novels that he accumulated as reference. From bitter pain killers to stinky bug repellent.

As for the poison, the system showed him where to find them and it also automatically pin-pointed which was the right herb out of the herb patch making everything easy.

What a mighty life insurance.

"You..." the weak voice of the man lingered inside the cave.

Ming Yu just finished concocting the antidote so he sat beside the man to hold him up.

The man coldly glared at him. His fist was clenched tightly, ready to pounce at the slightest wrong move.

Ming Yu didn't even flinch and fixed his eyes on the wounded man. He had no problems in dealing with people since a quiet person like him would come off as unfriendly and unsociable which was advantageous for him as he didn't like interacting with strangers anyway.

He had experienced a lot of how most people would take interest at you but when you're too slow to keep up, they would ignore you and forget about you in a flash.

Socializing was a tiring thing. It was better to talk less other than what was necessary and besides as a part-timer, he did some shady jobs too and seen scarier and uglier people so his gaze didn't intimidate him.

the man didnt detect any hostility from him and took the medicine while keeping his eyes on Ming Yu. When he finished, Ming Yu didn't waste a secontd and put it away.

It was already dark out so they were sure to spend the night here.

"Your wound... I need to burn it." Ming Yu stated. He couldn't close up the wound well so he had no choice but to burn it close. he did not dare do it while he's unconscious and get accidentally killed with one punch due to a misunderstanding.

the man didn't reply and handed him a short knife that he hid inside his sleeves. His in his skills was clear in this act of lending him his knife. Ming Yu understood this.

Without further ado, Ming Yu doused it in alcohol and heated the knife and did the act. The man didn't even groan in the process.

After bandaging him up and giving him a change of clothes, Ming Yu handed the man the porridge he made and he moved away. He leaned on the cave wall furthest from him.

They ate in silence and afterwards, Ming Yu found a spot for himself and lied down to sleep.

In his mind, it was a simple to die or not die logic. This world was clearly one where only the strongest were to survive yet he was too lazy to partake in it. It would be Admin's fault if he were to die here since he put his whole trust into the GPS only for it to have led into this predicament.

After Ming Yu fell asleep, the tight lipped man made a move.

"... so it finally kicked in" Unbeknownst to the author, the man wasn't taking everything lightly as he did. He took his time and rummaged through Ming Yu's bag.

".... nothing suspicious. So he's innocent." After his inspection, the man gave his benefactor a long good look.

Ming Yu had a rather handsome face with slight phoenix-arched eyes and long yet thick lashes. His nose was tall and his lips were thin, pearl pink.

"What's a beauty like you doing here..." he asked whilst talking to himself.

A normal person would usually take their time and travel through cities to reach a certain destination. Those who hike are commonly in groups of 10 to 20, so a lobe traveler like Ming Yu could only either be a strong warrior or an experienced wanderer. Ming Yu's possession were mostly filled with herbs yet he was wearing robes of a scholar which left him confused.

the man thought of the direction Min Yu was headed and could only think of the Capital, Xi.

Maybe it was due to the uneven ground that the sleeping Ming Yu frowned that he started to shift his body in his sleep.

Only a thin clean robe was cushioning his body while the thick blanket was lent for the man to sleep in. Ming Yu of the modern times couldn't settle to let an injured person to sleep out in the cold.

"I've been an inconvenience to you. . ." This act of kindness made the man smile.

the man gently picked him up and carried Ming Yu on his more comfortable makeshift bed. The night breeze was quite a chill so using Ming Yu's robe as a blanket, he laid down beside him and was only an arms length away from Ming Yu's skin.

Feeling his body warmth, the man didn't expect for Ming Yu to snuggle closer and even comfortably lean his head on his shoulder.

Helpless, the man reached out a hand to brush Ming Yu's hair, which buried his face away, to the side. The man smoothed the hair making him intimately brush through Ming Yu's exposed neck.

"As thanks ill accompany you there..." he decided and gave Ming Yu a last look before falling asleep.

171