Chapter 2: Cobold
1.8k 3 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
 

Nighttime after the funeral Jake refuse any company from the people who visit. His grandpa did not have any relatives and so the guests who came were neighbors and friends. They seemed to understand that Jake needs a lone time and an aunty even planned to visit Jake again in the morning, but who knew that in that very night, Jake will disappear forever from the eyes of ordinary people and will appear again far in the future as Jake Shura (What? Not cool? Sorry but stfu LOL)

--Jake's room--

Jake is currently staring curiously at a tiny, childlike creature who appeared out of nowhere.

"Hello master Shura, I am Cobold your house elf" Cobold said while bowing reverently.

"Shura?" Jake questioned.

"Yes sir, as you are the only heir to Shura family you can choose to inherit this name to claim every right you ought to have sir" Cobold explained.

"Tell me about Shura family" Jake said in a cool manner.

Normally a kid will not be able to act as such in this kind of situation, but Jake is not an ordinary child as he is someone who attained 8 Stage Essence Immortal Cultivation in his previous live. So he was accustomed to this kind of reverence. He only showed his weak side in front of his grandpa. He figured that this Cobold is a servant or short in Shura Family so he keep maintaining his cool appearance so that he will not lower the dignity of this new name of his.

"Shura Family is a wealthy merchant family sir. They are the most successful wizard family who mainly sell potions to every corner of the Wizarding World". (Made up… duh)

"Ohhh… how is this wealthy family degraded into a condition such as this? Where I am the only one alive?" Jake questioned.

"Sir… Your father Master Agni Shura and your mother Madam Jane Shura realized that the terror of 'He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named' approached them since they do not agree to join the dark side so they made a secret arrangement for you who is just one year old at that time to be secretly hidden among the Muggle.. among the normal people. Master and Madam then secretly switched a baby that was left in front of your grandfather door to replace your position master. They know that switching babies from somewhere else may left a trace and could be tracked to your actual position so Master and Madam decided to replaced you with an 'unwanted' baby. Then the rest of the story master, as you know I visited your grandfather house to explain things to him as per Master Agni Shura Order". Cobold explained with a solemn tone.

Jake is listening while holding a wooden box containing a parting letter from his grandfather and a letter from his parents. He is thinking a lot of things, Cobold's explaination,The Wizarding world, his past life and this box. This box can considered as the last thing his grandfather left. He used to always reminiscing about a girl while holding her picture he kept in this box. Right now though that Girl's picture is buried alongside his grandfather as per his request before he died.

"sigh… What arrangement do my parents has for me?" Jake sighed and asked what seemingly the only question he has right now.

"Sir. Because of the premonition that Master and Madam had, everything that Shura Family had was sold at cheap price and the resulting galleon was hidden in a secret place along with me as its guardian. The total inheritance that you have right now is around 500 million galleon. Master and Madam did not even considered saving them inside Gringotts.. a bank sir because they believed even Gringotts was not a safe place during the terror of 'He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named' and so they secretly hid it all in a secluded cave". Cobold explained a bit happier stating his status as a treasure guardian.

"So be it.. Bring me to it" Jake is still acting cool. Though as a five year old kid on the eyes of the masses he would look a bit funny and even adorable.

"Yes sir"

They then vanished in an instant and arrived in a dark place that seems to look like a cave. Jake looked at Cobold interestingly as if Cobold is an interesting experimental subject. Cobold shuddered and meekly asked

"Master, is there something wrong?"

"Is this magic?" Jake ask while seems to be contemplating things on his own.

Seeing this Cobold was silent for a moment waiting for his master to give further instructions. After a while Jake seems to have understand something.

"Where is this?" Jake asked

"This is the cave sir. Master and Madam left everything inside that tent for you" Cobold answered while pointing out at a certain tent at the end of the cave and simultaneously lit every torch available using magic. Since Jake attained the first floor of the 'Mind Palace Spiritual Art', Jake was able to use his 'Divine Sense' to 'see' things and he actually did not mind that the cave is dark since whether it is bright or dark it doesn't change a thing for him who uses his divine sense to see. Rather than that he focused himself to a rather small tent.

"That small tent?" Jake asked confused.

"Don't worry sir that tent was given 'The Undetectable Extension Charm', it may appear small but it has a big enough space inside it".

"ohhh.. let me see" Jake closed his eyes and expanded his Divine Sense to see the inside of the tent and was shocked that his sense could not go inside.

"It seems that it has some protection spells" Jake thought to himself.

"See sir?" Cobold was confused as to what did his master mean by see, aren't they seeing it right now? And why did his master closed his eyes when he said he was going to see it?

Jake was rather embarrassed. To avoid the awkward situation he ordered Cobold to bring him inside.

"Bring me inside the tent"

22