Chapter 8: The Aftermath
1.2k 0 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
 

The tribulation is finally over. Jake cursed hard in his heart. The three tribulation of fire lightning and wind will sure turn his soul into dust if he did not possess this black ring. In fact Jake felt something is totally weird. Normally a Soul Path tribulation comes with the intent of corroding the purity of the soul by unleashing tribulation like seven emotions tribulation. In this universe however the tribulation comes in the form fire, wind and lightning and what makes thing weird is that fire and lightning come from the 'Physical Realm' then later transported to his mind palace by the Natural Law. The wind however brought what looked like a corrosion from the underworld. 2 material and 1 spiritual tribulation, this is definitely odd. Moreover the power of the tribulation is unbelievable to such an extent. Jake right there and then believed some higher being is messing with him and unleashed such tribulation. Next time when re recover and improve his Qi cultivation he will surely look for that being.

After cursing all the eighteen generation of that being's ancestor, Jake began to 'see' himself using his newly found Divine Sense. In actuality this round of improvement did not bring real powers. 'Mind Palace Spiritual Art' cultivation only has two benefit. One the soul will get a unique status within heaven and earth. The soul as 'True Self' obtained freedom to walk the mortal world without being affected by anything and hence become an Immortal. Two, the 'True Self' will obtained a stupid amount of Divine Sense. What's Divine Sense? A Divine Sense is like having all five senses granted to your soul body. Hence you can see, hear, touch, taste and feel everything in your sphere of Divine Sense influence. What makes this state very valuable is that this powerful Divine sense is one of the requirement to ascend to the nine stage Transcender. Because when ascending to the nine stage, a cultivator needs to merge their Corporeal Body and Soul into one perfect union hence having a powerful Divine Sense is important.

That is the advantage of having a powerful Divine Sense in Jake's previous world. Here however Jake found another function. And that is to merge his Divine Sense with his blood and hastening the process of absorbing Mana in the air.

Those three are the advantages of having a powerful Divine Sense. Actually Jake haven't notice it yet, but Soul Bodies such as Ghost and beings such as Dementor who feed on human happiness will be very afraid of him due to a high concentration of soul power. Emotion is one of the thing that form a soul, hence having a powerful Divine sense can amplify happiness into a very high level, so a Charm like Patronus will works well with Divine Sense.

---An Hour Later—

Jake returned to the tent only found out that Cobold is current shivering inside the tent. Jake guessed that it has something to do with the disappearance of the sunlight. Cobold's current appearance is actually very funny, but Jake held his laughter because if he did laugh Cobold will feel bad about it. Jake act cool instead and entered the tent with a swag like a son of a b**** young master from a large sect.

"Is my lunch ready?" Jake is still acting like the only living emperor who lived in a vast land.

"Yes sir… I will prepare it now... I was just ready to prepare lunch… but then… but then" Cobold tried to explain while shivering.

"hahahahahaha" Jake could not hold his laughter anymore seeing Cobold face which is exactly looks like a cat.

---After lunch---

Now that Jake has this much Divine Sense. He could open up the sealed space inside his space ring. Actually he knew that probably no particularly important thing left there as he sold every bit of his treasure to secure his ascension process. Jake actually felt astonished this time. He actually could not open the whole space. Previously he always used his Qi to open it so he did not aware that A full grown Divine sense cannot open the full space inside this black ring. Well at least there are some hundreds of high grade spirit stones.

"ahh.. That is" Jake began to examine this round red medicinal pill.

"Isn't this a blood essence pill appropriate for Qi Condensation and Foundation Establishment?" This round pill brought back memory. Speaking about memory…

"Ah… I guess this is the time to understand my ancestry. Perhaps I should read the letters from my parents that granpa talked about".

Jake decided to finally read the letter from his parents to understand his position and perhaps further understand his legacy. Jake took the letter from the wooden box that belonged to his grandpa. While trying to cut the letter open, he actually cannot do so.

"ahh.. I see… if this is a letter only for me to read then it probably needs something from me. What is it? Hair? Nope.."

Jake the tried to open up the letter by dropping one drop of his blood to the envelope. The envelope open and Jake took the letter out and began to read the content.

"Ohhh… interesting" said Jake while smiling.

18