Chapter 21: A Song
917 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
 

The students in the hall took a look at the newcomers. As soon as they saw the newcomers they saw something unusual. First, Professor McGonagall seemed unhappy about something. Second, some newcomers gave the same vibe as Professor McGonagall, but some of them seems to be enchanted about a person in front of them, especially the girls. Third, there is a House Elf that seems to be proud of something, he accompanied that person who is the focus of this unusual atmosphere.

Then the students in the hall began to observe that person. His eyes were wired to say the least. They were glowing, a soft glow that seemed to be capable of illuminating the darkness of one's soul. His hair, his long reddish black hair was like a waterfall, gently flowing downward and occasionally fluttered even though there were no wind flowing through this place. The way he walked, the world seemed to be moving with him when took a step and froze in ice when he stopped. His smile, the smile that seemed to be capable of enchanting even the most beautiful enchantress. His stature seemed to be capable of supporting the sky even when it falls. The way he presented himself was like an amazingly beautiful queen who gave a gentle and soft radiance and in the same time also gave a feeling of an embodiment of a strong and powerful dragon in a human form that is capable to startle even the Devine Beings. He was just like a deity who falls from the heaven itself.

This person was actually the center of the earliest weird atmosphere. Such and enchanting and majestic vibes accompanied by begrudging looks given by some newcomers and Professor McGonagall made this whole situation weird. Is this related to the earlier weird and loud laugh?

----

"Headmaster, the first year students have arrived. Ehhmmm… A guest has also arrived" even though the old witch was irritated by Jake's earlier prank, she maintained a neutral attitude. Although he looks just like other youngsters, how could she, a Deputy Headmistress didn't know yesterday's incident that shook the Wizarding Worlds? A youngster that literally fly across the continent and challenged the Dark Lord out in the open who also at the same time has an astonishing amount of magic, weird spells and powerful senses which he used to tell the difference between ordinary wizards and death eaters. These amazing points he had made her unable to treat him as a regular youngster. The headmaster even mentioned that this person probably had a totally different magical system than what the rest of the Wizarding World had. This means a lot because with a different magical system which is capable of producing this much power, this person had to be monitored, less he become another Dark Lord in the future, or to be exact the magical system he learned had to be monitored, because no one in thousands of years of magical development managed to create their own system other than the ancient warlock that even the oldest history books seldom mentioned. This means the youth is either a genius who manage to understand magic in more fundamental ways or a student of an ancient warlock who somehow managed to survive until today. Either way, the two possibilities are way too dangerous if left unchecked, because the last Dark Lord was a genius wizard who turn to the dark side and the era of ancient warlock was not really a peaceful era.

"Very well Professor McGonagall. Mr. Shura please take a seat beside me" The headmaster thanked the old witch and offered Jake a sit beside him to Jake as if he knew already that Jake was coming.

"Ok" said Jake Plainly. Jake sat beside the headmaster and Cobold followed Jake and finally stood behind Jake as if he was guarding his master from a potential enemy who wished to attack from behind. Just after Jake sat, he heard the most horrendous sounding song in his two lifetimes. It was sang by the hat.

"Oh you may not think I'm pretty,

But don't judge on what you see,

I'll eat myself if you can find

A smarter hat than me.

You can keep your bowlers black,

Your top hats sleek and tall,

For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat

And I can cap them all.

There's nothing hidden in your head

The Sorting Hat can't see,

So try me on and I will tell you

Where you ought to be.

You might belong in Gryffindor,

Where dwell the brave at heart,

Their daring, nerve, and chivalry

Set Gryffindors apart;

You might belong in Hufflepuff,

Where they are just and loyal,

Those patient Hufflepuffs are true

And unafraid of toil;

Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,

If you've a ready mind,

Where those of wit and learning,

Will always find their kind;

Or perhaps in Slytherin

You'll make your real friends,

Those cunning folks use any means

To achieve their ends.

So put me on! Don't be afraid!

And don't get in a flap!

You're in safe hands (though I have none)

For I'm a Thinking Cap!"

"Ughhh… is it necessary?" Jake thought to himself. Then the headmaster gave his speech to the students.

"I have a few start-of-term notices. I wish to announce. The first years, please note… that the Dark Forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also, our caretaker, Mr. Filch, has asked me to remind you... that the third-floor corridor on the right hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death. Thank you."

"Huh… aside from being sly. He has his way in term of giving threats to children" Jake thought, unaware that he himself gave more than what considered as a threat to the students earlier. He is oblivious to the fact that some newcomers gave him a begrudging looks, a weird glances from the teachers, some bewildered looks given by the older students and also enchanted expression from most of the female presents.

12