Chapter 22: Amidst the Festivity
937 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
 

The ceremony continued as the old witch read the name list of the first year students alphabetically for a non-dramatic effect (a sarcastic comment to the movie version if you don't get it). The students were sorted to four houses one by one. Feeling bored, Jake decided to 'talk' with the headmaster. Jake built a mana wall surrounding the headmaster and himself to prevent others eavesdropping. Actually Jake could use his Divine Sense to convey his messages directly to the headmaster soul, but he is not sure if the headmaster is even capable to communicate using Divine Sense. That's why Jake used this method to communicate. The teachers were astonished to say the least. Some wonders what spells that was and some thought something happened to the headmaster. The majority of students did not notice a thing so this situation did not create a scene. Only the teachers and some senior students noticed it.

"So this is your school? Not bad" Jake gave a comment.

"What do you think of our students?" Dumbledore seems unaffected by what seemingly Jake's rude behavior. In actuality, just like he gave Jake a test, Jake also did the same. It's a battle of strategy between a sly fox and a cunning velociraptor. (googled a cunning animal, then this showed up)

"Not bad… your school seems to have some unique things as well. Worth studying"

"Oh… like what?"

"A small example, like a huge snake underground or an evil teacher with two souls"

"Hahaha. You noticed"

"Off course I do"

"You don't think it is weird?"

"No… in fact hiding these things inside your school made it convenient to test your students isn't it?"

"Test?"

"I may be 15. But I have seen many people. A person such as yourself couldn't possibly let variables that could escapes the grasps of your palms like a beast and an evil teacher lurking in a place full of children. Aside from a test you gave or probably going to give to your students, these things cannot be a thing. After all you seemed to be a person who plan things first rather than passively receiving any form of contact"

"Ahhh.. You thought so?" Dumbledore smile while he gave a vague response.

"Off course. Perhaps my visit is also one of your plan"

"Perhaps…"

"You said that I am a non-mandatory teacher of some short. What made you believe that I would do that?"

"You eventually will accept that"

"And why is that?"

"You are powerful indeed, but what about your descendant?"

"Ohhh... Elaborate"

"You are a Shura. As a Shura who knows what happened already you will undoubtedly planned to rebuild your family past glory correct?

"Perhaps…. Why do you think so?" Jake smile while similarly gave a vague answer.

"A feeling if I may. Unless you are a carefree person or an ungrateful one, you will walk this path"

"Ohh… then why do I need to become a teacher? Why does this job related to the cause you mentioned?"

"Simple… a prestige. When you become a teacher who taught a new way of magic in a school such as this one, won't you attract much adoration from the students who will become the future pillar of the wizarding world for yourself and it will be very helpful not for you, but for your future descendants. Although you are powerful, your descendants who will carry the name Shura in the future cannot be guaranteed to grow powerful as you are right now. That's why a prestige in the name of Shura is important for your family. After all you couldn't possibly stay in this plane for long can you?" Dumbledore answered and gave a vague line in the end.

"A good way of saying it. But it doesn't have to be a Teacher isn't it?"

"True. It doesn't have to be. But it is better if you do this. Since an ancient time, a selfless teacher will always be remembered by their students after all".

In actuality, Dumbledore wasn't really giving Jake a chance to get what he said Jake would get, well at least not a full reason, this is more of a layer of plans for the future events he envisioned. Like Jake said, Dumbledore is person who loved to create plans for things that might happen in the future, for things that might cause a certain sorrow for peoples. In fact the plan is to protect the majority of people, even though it might create contradictions and problems for some people. He himself was not entirely sure either about taking Jake as a teacher, for it might create more problems that solving one. But in a case of learning a new way of magic, the growth of evil power based on this new magic is not an immediate problem. Anything can be a source of problem. Like a small knife, it can be used for normal things like cooking or cutting papers, but at the same time a small knife can also be used to kill, not to mention Magic, an even more powerful thing. So for students to learn this new magic, they might be able to use it to defend, protect and cherish what they love, because the world outside is not an entirely a clean and a nice place to be without some short of protection, a protection that can be obtained through learning new things.

Jake himself realized this. He thought about bringing cultivation system to this planet. Will it brought more sorrow or happiness? In his previous world, the Dao was taught by the Dao Ancestor that made the world aware of things called magic, aware of extraordinary things that can be used to help countless people. But at the same time, the same thing also brought a countless sadness. Amidst the festivity Jake thought about what human can do with knowledge as the knowledge itself is the origin of power and power sadly can be interpreted into different sides, a light side and a dark side.

(Seeing some nonconstructive comments, I guess I have to leave this note. Jake was an Immortal, and the way he learned magic in this new world is based on his Immortal Path. The thing is, because he is the MC, there will be a lot of things that is observed through the way of cultivation. The original cast of HP world would not immediately understand this Cultivation because this can be said as a deep topic. So while I write the path of Immortality the MC took, the original Magic will not be forgotten, albeit small in number. If not, why would I write cultivation in HP world? I can just write a normal FanFic about a guy or girl who arrived in HP world somehow and not an Ex-Immortal. As for why did I decided to make MC teaches cultivation, this is simple. why wouldn't he? This is a planet where giants and dragons existed. It's not a regular place in the first place. I read some FanFic, the MC in those FanFic became students without a fail. I can do the same, but what's the difference? I am a noob writer who is not sure of his own writing quality, so writing something that is different than others might become a lesson for me.)

11