Chapter 1 – Direwolf
64 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 1 - DIREWOLF

Set slowly woke up after a short period of time and examined the hole that he was in.

Where the hell am I? I can’t remember anything after that damn rock killed me.

He tried to pick himself up to see if there was a way out of here but fell flat on the floor.

Why is it so hard to move? Set examined his hands only to see that they were extremely tiny. What the fuck happened to my hands?! This must have been that rock’s fault.

All of a sudden, a wolf’s howl could be heard at the top of the crater. 

[Killing intent detected]

Set stared up at the dark gray wolf as it bared its fangs, looking like it was about to eat the most delicious thing in the world.

What the hell was that? A system of some kind? 

[Killing intent detected]

[Killing intent detected]

[Killing intent detected]

[Killing intent detected]

4 more wolves arrived and looked at the first wolf who was most likely their leader.

Forget about the system! That bigger one could probably swallow me whole with this body. What do I do?

Set panicked. He was given another chance at life and it was already being taken away. Does the universe hate me that much? Curse the gods!

I don’t have any fighting experience and not to mention I can’t move at all with this body. 

Without warning, the larger wolf leapt forward into the hole, appearing in front of Set’s face in almost an instant.

Damnit! I’m in another world right? There’s no wolves this big in my own world! Save me! Someone! His heart was threatening to jump out of his chest. Even if it was futile, he thrust out his arms to try and shield himself from the wolf.

At that moment, as if the universe finally granted him a wish, a burst of flame shot straight at the wolf from the side.

Set’s eyes were wide open. What the fuck just happened?

The wolf laid in a half-dead state, struggling to even get up. The four wolves that were looking down in the crater all turned tail and ran. No matter how delicious it was to eat, nothing was worth more than their life.

“Huh? What the hell is a damn baby doing out here?” A young man who looked to be in his early twenties stood at the top of the crater, staring down right at Set. He mustn't have made this giant crater right?

The man slid down the crater and walked over to where Set was. 

“Well, I can’t just leave a child out here can I?” He grabbed the child and walked over to the nearly dead wolf. He unsheathed his knife and in just less than a minute, the wolf was skinned and deboned, as if he had done this countless times before.

While Set had lived a fairly normal life, he wasn’t disgusted when it came to blood. He watched the man with curious eyes, the elegance that the man displayed was far better than any butcher or hunter could ever muster in his previous world.

Within the carcass of the wolf, a bright green crystal was found. Set looked at the crystal and with pure instinct, reached out to grab it.

“Hmm? You wanna hold it for me buddy?” The man gave Set the crystal and packed everything up. “I’ll take you home with me for now, then we’ll have to figure out what to do with you.”

Who would have thought that as soon as he looked away for one second, Set would eat the crystal?!

He ran over to Set with a wide-eyed look. “Hey! Spit it out! You’re gonna die! Shit!” There was a number one rule while killing the monsters of this world. Never try to eat the monster core. Skipping the fact that it was a crystal, the condensed mana would be too much for the body to withstand and best case scenario, you would die from self implosion.

[Direwolf core has been absorbed]

[Ability gained: Blood Scent - Can detect the scent of blood within 15 meters]

[Excess mana detected]

[Putting host to sleep, Estimated Time: 10 Hours]

Set looked at the status menu that had popped up and as if someone had cast a spell over him, fell asleep instantly.

“He… he’s fine?” The man stammered. He lowered his guard and examined the baby, sleeping as if there was no problem at all. “What kind of monster did I just pick up?” He sighed and started the trek home.

0