CH 9: In the land beyond sight.
93 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[XI]
{????}
I'm floating in an infinite darkness so dark i can barely seen myself it is crushing and oppressing like any moment that i don't see myself i am fading away, but the darkness is not all that is around me as in the close distance i see a fog that is expanding towards me quickly and soon it overwhelms me and i fall to the ground but it is still dark below me.

I look at myself to make sure i am here still, my hand is pale but not pasty white while my left is made of steel at first i questioned why it was like that but i remember of course i got it when i... when i... it was before when me and the crew were heading.... it was somewhere and that is all that matters.

I turn to look ahead to get my mind off of things, and then i notice it the sounds that surround me when i look away from myself, the screams of suffering people all around me never coming from one direction and not always the same voice they scream out and beg to any that can hear them.

"I HAVENT DONE ANYTHING WRONG!"-The Fog
The another one screams
"RELEASE ME!"-The Fog
And then again
"MY LOYALTY IS UNFALTERING!"-The Fog
Speaking as if what they say could save them from this crushing darkness
"I WILL GET THROUGH THIS!"-The Fog
Some speaking that they can stand above this
"IM STRONGER THEN THIS!"-The Fog
And others speak out their sorrows to the expanse
"IM SORRY IM SORRY FORGIVE ME!"-The Fog
And they go on as far as i can hear but i was never one to stand around and do nothing something must be done and maybe i can find some of me crew in this hellscape and we can get out of here, that's right i had a crew didn't i? where have they gone.

And so i stepped off into the darkness with my classic determination heading to solve the problem at hand, but its like the darkness goes on forever and sometimes i feel like i went back to where i started but after some running i finally meet a resident of the fog, a short man that seems to be missing one of his arms and his bottom jaw but that does not stop him from speaking.

 "Its all my fault i deserve this"-The man
"What ails you?"-Me
"I wish i could have done something for them but i ran instead that must be why im here."-The man
"So you think that since you did not take action when you could have saved someone you deserve to be here?"-Me
"That's exactly it."-The man
I smack him across the face with my flesh hand and look him in his eye with a stern glare, he looks at me confused as to why i would do what i did.
"You idiot!, if they could not handle something even you could avoid they would have just brought you and anyone else you managed to save down, you got away from there and that matters and even if you did not die what makes you think they did not get out? i think your looking at this too negative like you should be hoping they or someone else got away because you did not."-Me

At first when i was saying this he was angry pissed even but after awhile of thinking he fades away with a somber look on his face and the world seems to brighten ever so slightly, i don't have time to waste sitting here and so i move on to find more people while the screams around me continue.

_____
After a bit i come across another man that has charred skin and his face melted shut by the remains of a flight helmet, but even from his pained look he looks like he would swing till he died again, and that is the first thing he does when he sees me he sprints towards me with his fists raised and goes to fight me.

I block with my metal fist and slug him in the face with my right hand and kick him down and he rolls around to get back up and come at me again all while he is screaming his lungs out.

"What is *Grunt* Wrong with *Grunt* you prick!"-Me
"Im going to get him!, nobody will keep me down!"-The Pilot

We continue to beat the hell out of each other with constant throwing and groin shots between the both of us and i managed to crack open his melted mask halfway through the fight before i pinned him to the floor.

"IM GOING TO GET YOU JUST YOU WAIT!, then maybe they will care."-The Pilot
"You lost because you were weak in body when you could have been stronger but you decided others thought's should come first before yourself think about that next time, now admit your fault and get on with it i don't have time to deal with a Childs tantrum anymore."-Me

After a moment of silence where he glared at me he fades away and im back to hunting yelling people and quite frankly it is really annoying it would be nice if would just shut up for a minute to let me focus.

_____
I feel like i have been here for years but its more like 4 days but there are so many damn people in this fucking Fog at first it was slow with them showing up but now even when im taking a break they just walk into my space and start bawling their eyes out about some damn sob story and my silver tongue might aswell be tarnished gold while how many people i have consoled in this damn place.

And lets not even talk about how many people i have had to fist into submission somebody had a dang club in here and it faded with him even when it was in my hands and i am getting tired of hitting people, at first it helped me calm down from the stress of talking with so many people but now even though i don't seem to feel anything my fist hurt.

Sometimes people who talk first need a fist while people who need a fist need a fist and a talking to its a total mix up where ever i go and i just want everyone to-

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!"-Me

"NO!"-Fog

"You're weak willed aren't you for something as small as this to get on your nerves why any member of my crew could do three times the work you have done."-This Bastard

This one has been the most annoying one i have dealt with, he is missing an arm an eye and has a large gash across the top of his head but none of them are bleeding regardless of how nasty they look, every time i try fighting him to give in he just gets off and dusts himself off and when i try to console him he says he has no problems that need help.

And one time i thought i managed to get him to fade away but halfway through the fade he walked back from the fog and started over again and its so infuriating!

"WHY WON'T YOU LEAVE ME ALONE!"-Me
He just sits down and leans back on some nothing before looking at me confused.
"Why would i want to leave? im fine just waiting here."-This Bastard
And after a full day of dealing with this i throw up my hands and start walking away, i have had it im the captain of the Vigio i don't need to.... im sorry the what?, i have never heard of that.... no i do i got that ship for my birthday it was the best day of my life.

At that thought i started to sniff a bit trying to stop my thoughts from forming in my head actively and i start to scream aswell to drown out what is in my head and then i stop and look around me again to find that the area has changed to that of a office room, there was a desk with a ancient terminal called a laptop and paper and a phone.

There was a TV sitting on a stand with ancient consoles sitting under and around it and shelves covered in games and books with weird covers, around the room were beanbag chairs and a couch with a coffee table between it and the desk, but a clicking sound distracts me from my observation.

Sitting back in a 'really good' looking haggard gaming chair is a man with no face but with a face, his skin that is visible is completely smooth and only changing around where the body naturally levels around like if someone took a human and striped them of everything including gender.

His skin was gun metal grey and he wore what looked like a baggy sleeved shirt with sweet pants that looked to be part of his skin and not outerwear, he had three eyes two being an average size for someone of his size and the third being slightly bigger and sitting in the center of his forehead and slightly shifting tentacle hair drooped behind his chair.

But unlike other faceless like the one i saw in the mirror is that his face is covered in vertical slits that start from the where the mouth would be and going all the way to his cheeks and four on both sides of his neck for a grand total of 44 marks with the ones on his face being small and skinny but visible. 

He types at his keyboard without a care in the world and after a moment he stops typing and looks at me and leans back some more with his tentacle hair stopping him from falling while a tentacle opening up to drink from a jug of soda at his side.

"Hmm, hmm i don't think i have seen you around he before but i know the drill how many days do you think it has been?"-Stranger
I look at him confused by his meaning before i realize he is asking about the Fog.
"Like 4 days right?"-Me
"76 days and 5 hours"-Stranger
He replies instantly while looking through the laptop.
"You got quite far already for this being your first time like your a natural leader or something and very short to, 800 and 30 people in a single run you made second place"-Stranger
I just look at him till he notices i don't know what he is talking about and he just sighs and switches to coffee instead of soda.
"That explains it your not a natural born, well that does not matter just know congratulations are in order so Congrats now go wake up your about to head off your set path and into a rimworld, MOVE!"-Stranger

His hand reaches across the room at high speeds and hits me so hard i wake up in the real world and turn off the hyper drive only to be caught in the gravity well of a really large rimworld and our momentum is not stopping at all.

"SON OF A BITCH!

(END)
This was a chapter i have been wanting to make for a while and i think it turned out well, Once again thank you very much for reading my story and see you again next time.

4