Chapter 4
22 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We just completed a series of abyss dungeon runs to complete Jara's orange set of items. She has been nagging us forever for it.

It took us forever and finished late, just a few hours before morning and everyone is feeling sleepy. We decided to call it a day, bid each other goodbye and logged out at the same time. 

I put my phone down after closing the game and immediately went to sleep.

"M~an, I'm so spent I fell asleep immediately and started dreaming.

"In my dream, I am with my partymates from earlier raid. We are at the guid hall talking about the very low drop rate of some orange item for Jara that it took us past midnight to complete. Biing said that she'd better treat us for something worth the trouble in which Jara immediately agreed. 

Yeah right, treat "us". You'd just message everyone not come, that that day will be the day you'll let know how you feel.

Damn dude, just how many chances you had wasted already? Were you really that pathetic? Just frigging push her down to your bed and be done with it already.

On the other hand, Mi and Di is enjoying each other's company. These two are real life couples in their 19's. Di wraps his arms around Mi's shoulder like some stud that he pretends to be.

Look at him Biing and learn a thing or two. You are older than Di but he make you looks like some poor virgin thirteen year old.

"Hehehe this is a good dream Di. With everyone here."

"Eh, you're also dreaming this Mi? Wo~w, to think that even in sleep, we are still in sync."

"!!!!"

Now that is some corni shit, but that isn't the problem. This is my dream right!?

Wait, this is a mobile game isn't? How am I looking at everyone's characters as if they are infront of me?

Shouldn't I be looking at them in my phone screen's view? 

But of course this is a dream, anything is possible right Biing?

Hey hey Biing, what are you looking so shocked? Jara too? Don't tell me!

"Wewewait! Are we all perhaps, dreaming of the same dream?"

"That is impossible." Nice Biing! Of course that is impossible!

"I mean, isn't as soon as you realize that you are dreaming, wouldn't you usually wakes up?" I don't know, don't ask me! I'm just some store owner you see.

" We just need to wake up, right guys? I take back what I said earlier, this is not a good dream anymore. It's getting scarier."

"Right Mi!"

" When we fall in dreams, we tend to jolt up awake!" Nice idea Di, now do it.

Di climbs on the table, spreads his arms and slowly tilts his body. He fell from the table face first and we woke up.

Hell no! We did not. Di is rolling and screaming like a bitch on the floor holding his nose. Mi is staring in the space holding her cheeks, fear is creeping in her eyes. She seems to be terrified of the idea of this being reality instead of a dream. An isekai, which is only fun in games and books and not in real life. 

Jara asked Biing what should we do. Biing moves to Di and casted the Soothing Aura from the mage class. And it works!

Everyone was silent on the phenomena, disbelief is racking in our minds. 

Now Mi totally loses it and screams. Biing told Di to stop dozing and go have Mi to calm down. Di went to Mi to sooth her, hugging her and whispering reassurance. 

Jara and I looked at Biing, I asked him if this is possible. 

"It shouldn't be. Or I dont know."

Panic now started to take a grip in my heart. I feel like, I'm going insane.

I envy Biing and Jara for managing to stay composed, specially Jara. And Biing seems to be in deep thought.

He took out his sword from nowhere, surprising even him and made a small cut in his palms. Blood drips from his palms. He dropped his sword in floor and seems to study his wound with his remaining hand. 

Oi that is dangerous you know, ever heard about Tetanous Infection? 

He pried his palms open to check the wound but the wound has already healed. It was abnormally quick. He looked at me and Jara, he finally let worry to occupy his face.

"This might be real. The blood is real, the pain"

I just stood there, I don't know what to say.

I look towards Mi and Di. Di apparently managed to calm Mi as she is now sitting in chair looking at us as if asking what should we do next. I, I don't know. Perhaps we should go out to adventure like those of the stories? But no, if the game really did become reality, then the monsters became real as well? Can we fight them? 

Wait, why should we fight them!? 

"They looked real." 

My senses was brought back as Biing said this while he looked below through the halls window. I came to look as well and was further convinced. 

This is our guild city. We are inside the guild hall now.

In the game, the guild hall is where the guild members hangs out for idle chatters or inguild trade. You cannot approach the windows and look what was outside. And yet here I am, staring at the depressing atmosphere of the people below. 

Wait.. What happened to them? They looked worned out. If I rememeber correctly.. 

"The people should be going on with their business as what ever the game coded them to do. And being depressive surely isn't one of them. I could even see a child crying in the street. They looked pitiful. And look at the skies and at the distance, why is it all gray?" 

Biing finished my thoughts only that, I didn't notice the skies. Indeed, what are those? Those doesn't looked like clouds. I could even see it touching the walls.

Our inspection outside was interrupted by Mi. 

"Biing, what are we going to do? Are we stuck here? I can't use the global chat, contact admin." 

Right the interface! She seemed to explored it already and as she said, we can't access the global chat and admin contact. What was left are whisper and guild chat. 

Biing, after confirming it himself, he asked for everyone to sit. It seems like he came uo with an idea now. I hope, he can get us out here, or not.

"I cannot still make sense of what is happening to us. This..,feels real but my mind and common sense denies this."

"But for now, whether if this a dream or not, it shouldn't hurt to secure our own safety."

"Specially about the people acting strange outside, they seemed alive and odd. Something might have happened."

" And so Mi and everyone, I know this is hard, but panicking will not get us anywhere. We will find out about this phenomena. We.. will find a way back home. But we cannot find those answers here inside this room. We need information."

"The NPC's seemed to be alive that I feel pity towards them. And look at ourselves? We looked like our game characters but at the same time, looked like a "real human" without those cartoonish appearance. We will first need to understand our situation. A..and honestly, I don't know where to start."

Biing tried to look and sound composed but we knew, he is as shaken. But the dude sure does sound reliable, showing us he is trying. Being the oldest among us and how we repeatedly asked him what to do, damn that's some pressure. I hope he wont cave in. He told us what we should prioritize and changes will be made depending on what we could gather. Should the NPCs are not aware of the real world, they would keep it the way the NPC knew it. Our own origin should never be disclosed.  It seems like he's dead set on not fully thrusting them.

I, on the other hand.

"The NPC's became real right? You said we need info right? Maybe we should ask them what is happening. They might know about our circumstances. Let me grab one, wait for me." I said trying to somehow help him but upon reaching the door he told me to wait.

"What are you going to tell them? Can we trust them? We need info but our safety comes first. We first need to gauge their reaction and learn how they view..all of this. Do they know they were just some code in a game? For all we know, they may indeed knew of the situation but what if they actually hates us for some reason we don't know. I know I am being paranoid, we can't risk the chance."  

Biing is right. Shit, I almost did something that might endanger us. In the end, I end up asking him again what to do. 

Biing stood up and opened a door from the adjoining room. "This will do. You all get inside here. Stay here and be alert always. I'll try to call for Shibald here being the chief of staff, I'm sure he knew what's happening in the city. If he tries to attack me or anything strange, please come outside and help me. In the game, we are a lot stronger then them, but we do not know if that still helds true here."

"Wait! At least let me stay in this room and be nearby. What if we came late?" 

I said immediately almost pleading. It's frustrating to feel useless here. Biing saw through it and nods. 

"At least stay by the door and lock it immediately after he enter here."

I smiled and once again volunteered to get Shibald.

As I open the door of the guild hall, I was greeted by a sight of a maid. The maid looked shocked and opened her mouth but no words came out. 

"Fuck! Do these people even speak English. In the game the text was english, but it was of Japanese make." 

By the way, this maid is quite the beauty. I wonder if she is still single. I stared at the maid and shook my head, cursing my carelesness again and wasted my time getting side tracked. However, she seemed to get the wrong idea. She knelt and said almost crying, 

"Fo..Fir..Forgive me master! I didn't mean to be rude! I didn't know you were there!" 

Yes! They speak english! 

I cleared my nervous troat and told her, 

"Don't mind it,  or rather, go call Shibald. Tell him the guild master wants him here immediately."

"At once master!" 

Shit! In my nervousness I acted like some entitled prick and was cold towards her.

 Wait, she called me master? And she kneeled. They never do that in the game.

I went inside and told Biing, our guild master about my encounter. 

The maid reeks of sweat, but I like it.

1