Chapter 5
27 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

("Is this for real?")

I looked at my friend and he is in similar state. Could the maid be playing tricks on us? 

Forget it, she won't. Who could think about prank and games during this times?

This could only mean one thing.

"Lundt, I think you should come with me. They will surely ask about the current state of the city and half of it is under supervision."

"Yes. But only called for you. No, I'll go. I'll stay outside and call me as soon as I might be needed."

We stood up, fixed ourselves and went to the guild hall. 

We walk rather briskly, hurrying. Their presence could solve a lot of our current problems. One of the most important is, their presence would surely alleviate the growing restlessness of the populace.

And the invaders, I dare them to come again.

Our history said that our world was once comprised of different triving civizations, of diffrent races, of different cultures. 

Then they came. Demons appeared from everywhere, corrupting the beasts and man alike. Changing their appearance to their own grotestique forms.

They are more powerful. More numerous. They are savages that feasts on our despair. They pushed several races to complete extinction.

Kingdoms continiously fall, helpless. 

Our once pristine world is slowly eroded. Corrupted our lands and our people. 

Our ancestors tried to fought back. It was futile. They were being pushed to the end.

They prayed to every god and goddesses for salvation, but they remained silent. They felt abandoned.

Until one day, a goddess that they never knew or heard of appeared. She was bleeding from head to toe for reasons only her would know. She looked bitter and sad.

But our ancestors knew and feel. She is our world herself. She is the Mother.

They said that in her dying breath, she tears her self to pieces and from these pieces rose her children.

They were gifted with incredible powers. They were given a task to grow and reclaim this world.

Her children went and fulfilled their mother's dying wish.

They fought like wrathful gods, slaying demons after demons. And slowly, they reclaimed what was ours to begin with. 

They brought the demons to their defeat. But the demons filth was not completely erased. They still sparingly spawns everywhere. Though weaker now, but still a huge threat to normal people and settlements.. The stronger ones hidden themselves to pocket dimensions called dungeons. 

The children once in a while "raided" these dungeons for materials. The demons that was once feared was reduced to mere raw materials. 

Then they came together creating their own factions they called guild and created cities. 

Cities of granduer that befits the children of their beloved mother.

Then they called for people, they promised protection as long as they'd help them maintaining their cities. 

Of course, people then came flocking. Where in this world is safer than where the children are?

This ended the era kingdoms. They have now real deities as rulers! Or so they thought.

The children hardly shows interest in ruling. They hardly interact with people. They feel distant. But the people only saw this as something normal. A mortal has no business being friendly with them.

They'd just appoint some chief of staff and let him/her do the actual managing while they do their own business. The chief of staff are only then called to report the current status of the city and if there are needed supplies they called "request". They apparently do this to "Level Up" the city.

They also drafted guards to secure the peace of the city. The chosen guards were bestowed with gifts by the "Guild Master" making them stronger and stood above the rest of the populace. There was no greater honor than joining their ranks.

As the guild cities grew, so does it's inhabitants. They can now freely roam their world. Although it was nothing similar like before the demons, the populace enjoys this new found peace. And they owe it to the mother and her children.

As I walked my way towards the guild hall where the children and the guild master are. I cannot help but remember this history. I am about to meet the very children of the mother. Though it wasn't the first time, but in this trying times,  I feel like a dog that misses his master. I let out a sigh and hasten my pace.

I soon reached the guild hall's door and knocked announcing my arrival to the personages inside. I looked at Lundt and he gave me a nod.

"Enter" came the clearly frustrated and irritated guild master. But this is without a doubt, their guild master.

"Well then, please excuse me guild master." I entered the door after opening it. There I saw the guild master sitting in a chair while resting his chin on his cupped hands. While master Hans was besides the door looking at me impassively. I bowed and extend my greeting. I'm about to open my mouth when the guild master called my attention.

"What happened to you Shibald?" his voice was the same impatient voice that told me to enter. His brows are crunched in irritation. It took me no less than a second to realize my blunder. I came here greeting them while looking like some haggard old man and not a chief of staff! 

" Apologies guild master, I have no excuse. Please let excuse me to better prepare myself to recieve you." I immediately said ashamed of myself for commiting a blunder that was only expected to beginners and not from someone of his post.

"No need. Must be due to what's been happening outside?" The guild master as if saying to pay it no mind, urged me to sit.

"If you'll excuse me guild master." I took the nearest sit to me and sat across the guild master.

"Shibald,  what happened outside? The last time we log o.. we left, everything is still alright." the guild master looked me in the eyes as he asked this of me. He look wary of something..of me? No that can't be. He must have seen the scenario outside and asking me why did everything ends up like this under my care.

As I thought. The current state of the city didn't pleased them either.

I recounted the events this past two years since the emergence of the fog, the current state of the city and the informations we gathered from the invaders.

The guild master seemed to be more concerned of the invaders and wanted to know more. I told him that Lundt knew better than me and he is waiting outside should he require the full details. He looked at master Hans for a while and told me to go ley Lundt enter.

Too bad. Lundt was also in a haggard state and felt the same shame I felt before.

We told the guild master of all the things that transpired in their 2 years of absence.

He looked shocked, worried and the tinge of impatience still lingers.

How should I describe this.

He looked more lifelike? He became more expressive? No, that was rude of me. I internally apologized to the guild master.

After a while of reporting, the guild master told me I can now access the guild vault and do not be reserved to take whatever is needed. After that, he sent us to resume our posts. We left the guild hall with the pondering guild master in it. We overheard he told master Hans to get the others, that they have to discuss this "ASAP?".

So other masters are also here.

This is reassuring. Indeed the symbol of hope. 

It wasn't long before the news of the masters descent have spread through out the city and greatly lightens the mood. I wonder if we should throw a celebration.

0