Chapter 106
51 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Father?! Mother?! Why are you both always in the garden?!" A little girl with strawberry pink hair and almond-blanched eyes rushed into the garden that her parents both grew together. They had grown it even before she was even born, making her believe that there was a lot to every plant in it.

"Jane, we've told you all the time that these plants are not just for show." Thelma smiled at her, seeing how she was still so young to understand it all. "They have great use which is good for healing wounds and injuries." Thelma looked to see their five-year-old daughter who was discovered not long after they had escaped.

"I know. You and your father always tell me about it. Don't worry. I will not forget." Jane ran around, looking again at each plant and taking note of each that had grown from the first stage of the seed to the end of its harvest. 'I wonder if this plant does anything.' Jane looked at the plant, thinking about how it could be used in some other way that could be more useful and worth much more later on.

"I wonder who she takes after?" Tim asked, looking over to Thelma who looked away from him. Their focus went back to their daughter who kept examining the plant in front of her.

"Not my fault for having her unexpectedly." Thelma did not even know if she was going to be a good mother, but with Tim by her side. It made her have hope that she would be a good mother since he was a good father to their daughter.

"I didn't say it was." Tim went over to Thelma hugging her from behind. "I'm happy that we had a child. It's not considered enjoying life if another isn't born between two people who truly love each other." Tim's words made Thelma smile, making her feel like her life was indeed complete. She could remember when she was just a slave who happened to come across great people who ended up being her friends and even close as family. Coming across to meet Tim, it had indeed completed the life that she cherished so much with no regret. "We've all been separated, and yet we have no clue about what's in it for us in the future." Tim sighed, remembering the time that they were told Mila had gone into her coma state which had shocked them both that time. During that time, Thelma nearly had a miscarriage from such news that it was hard to have another child for them. Yet, they knew that there was no guarantee that there would be another child for them in the future.

"I know that she will wake up soon. We just need to wait a little longer." Thelma wasn't going to have negative thoughts.

"Who are father and mother talking about?" Jane went to them both tugging onto their long sleeves. She had finished taking notes, seeing how her parents were talking about some serious matters that did not sound complicated.

"She is our savior." Thelma knelt looking at Jane, knowing that their daughter knew nothing about Mila.

Hearing footsteps, Tim had turned to face where the noise came from with his wife and daughter behind him. Allowing them to run if things didn't turn out well for them, he would save his family rather than let them be harmed.

"I've come to send a message to you all from ZH." A cloaked messenger looked to the family of three that stood alerted from his sudden appearance. "He says that the young lady has finally come out of her coma. That is all I came to tell you." The messenger left not long after with Thelma shocked to hear the news that they waited so long for.

Crying, Jane and Tim rushed to her side to ease her down. "It's a miracle. She's finally awake after so long." Thelma was crying with Tim feeling the same happiness to know that their young lady was no longer in her coma state.

"Is she that great?" Jane asked, looking up to both of them.

"You'll know when you see her." Tim kissed his daughter's head, then kissed Thelma's head. Hugging them both into his arms, he truly felt grateful to Mila for allowing him to create his happiness.

***

"How have things been with your duties?" Aiken was with Duke Reynard who became one of his dukes of Maedda kingdom for a temporary time. Until they heard the news about Mila since Duke Reynard figured he could not keep living in guilt his whole life.

"I feel as though it's too troubling for you. I used to work for your enemy, so I can see why many do not favor me. I am only doing this until my daughter awakens." Duke Reynard had been stuck at Maedda kingdom due to the trouble they would have to go through just to reach Zameth kingdom. He was simply repaying Aiken's kindness for taking them into his kingdom which allowed them to be safe and away from the Mireraweth Emperor.

"It's no trouble. Your daughter is a unique lady and I wouldn't mind helping her father who helped me in the past." Aiken wanted to help Mila, but also Duke Reynard who was a man of his words. He felt that it was fair enough, helping an old friend from the past with some of their issues.

*Knock Knock*

"Come in." Duke Reynard allowed the messenger to come inside where he noticed the Zameth kingdom's symbol on their cloak. "What brings you here?" He looked worriedly at the messenger hoping nothing bad happened to Mila who he knew had not woken up yet.

"I have come to inform you that your daughter has finally awakened out of her coma state. She is no longer asleep. As of now, he only wants you all to wait for the time being. Do not be rash." The messenger said, leaving soon after delivering the message. Leaving no time for Duke Reynard to ask them any question that he may want to be answered.

"M-My daughter... is awake." Duke Reynard couldn't help, but cover his eyes to think that she was finally awake after so long. 'You silly daughter, why must you make me feel so worried about you all the time.'

"Grandfather! Grandfather! Look what we found!" Running inside was a four-year-old little girl with a boy her age following behind her wearing a full-face mask. "Grandfather? Grandfather? Why are you crying?" She went up to him, hugging his legs since she could not reach him any higher due to her short height. "Don't cry! If you cry then I cry!" She started crying with her words turning a bit slobbish since she could not stand it when others cried. She had to dry along no matter the reason which felt as though she was just too soft-hearted.

"Father, what did you do to your granddaughter?" Leo and Luce entered the room with Addis joining them. Seeing how the young girl was crying right in front of her grandfather who got the blame for it all.

"Father, why's the Duke crying?" The little boy ran over to Aiken who smiled, looking down at his son. 'I thought that men were not supposed to cry.' Telling himself since many other young boys would say that men don't cry.

"Alec, he just needs a moment." Aiken patted his son's head, knowing the reason for Duke Reynard's tears since one could not stop crying for such news.

"Sorry, Ella, it's nothing to do with you. It's just that you will soon meet your aunt." Duke Reynard had managed to settle his sadness down, seeing how his granddaughter kept hugging onto his leg.

"Aunt?" Ella didn't know who her aunt was besides considering Addis as one of her aunts since her parents knew Alec's parents. 'Who else is my aunt???' Ella just looked like a lost puppy in front of everyone, not having a single clue about what they were all talking about.

"Father, do you mean..." Leo was also shocked to hear that part since his other two half-sisters were already stuck in Mireraweth’s kingdom as the old emperor's concubines. Mila on the other hand had it much harder for herself, being put into that state like a vegetable.

Duke Reynard nodded which left Leo with the thought, to think that the time would come when Mila finally woke up. "I'm glad. I'm glad." Leo couldn't help feeling tears also fall from his eyes. Luce smiles hugging him while Ella rushed over hugging them both around their legs while looking up at them.

"I want to meet her!" Ella said, looking up to them like a puppy whining for food.

"You will, but not yet." Duke Reynard felt happy inside to know that his daughter was finally awake from her long endless slumber. "Let us all celebrate and wait for when we can talk to her. Then, we can discuss when we can meet and where."

***

"I did not think that they would all be so happy." Grace walked around a flower field, seeing everyone's reaction to Mila who had finally awakened from her ill state. "Mila, you truly were the right person to choose out of the rest. I'm glad that I did." Grace smiled, looking at her husband once more in the cloud that gave her the view. "My husband, you were never alone from the beginning. I am very happy that you were able to stay by our children's side while I am gone. You've truly made me the happiest woman." Wishing that she could just go and hug him, but it was going against the balance of the living and dead. "If fate wasn't so cruel, then things would have been different. What has happened in the past, must stay in the past. It cannot be changed." Grace knew deep down in her heart that she could not avoid any kind of death that would come to her. "I can only watch you all from here. Mila is the only one who is close enough to reach me and stay in contact with me. She is somewhat between the living and dead altogether. Making it hard to come by and meet someone like her once every few thousand or even millions of years. I just hope that things do not turn out terribly." Grace felt afraid for all of them since she had been watching them from the very beginning.

***

"Hey, ZH?"

"Hm?"

"Why am I stuck here with you?! Why won't you let me go out?!?!?" Mila was trying to open the doors since she felt like she was in prison.

"Firstly, you tried to escape when you woke up. Secondly, you just barely woke up and danger could still be around. Lastly, I want to spend time with you." ZH smiled sitting down at his desk while looking over a few paperwork.

"PPPPllllllleeeeeaaaaasssseeee, I won't cause any trouble," Mila begged him leaning over his desk looking at him.

"No." Mila knew that his answer would never change.

"Fine, then tell me more about what this place is. I've been here, but I've never figured out much about it." Mila sat down on the couch with her arms crossed over her chest at least wanting to know a little about the kingdom.

"Zameth kingdom is known to be a well off kingdom with a peace treaty within any kingdom. The only peace treaty that it conflicts with is the Mireraweth kingdom due to the last war it had with the Mireraweth kingdom." ZH explained while he continued filling out the papers.

"They made a deal that the Mireraweth kingdom must have a future bride or groom for the Zameth heir. That is part of the treaty that both kingdoms had." Mila sighed, laying flat on her back on the entire couch.

6