Chapter 105
81 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Uhhh... you even broke the window which I'm assuming that you are fully awake and alive for sure. How do you plan to pay for the damages now?" ZH said, looking up to the broken window then landed on the ground still carrying Mila in his arms. "You got heavy also." ZH held a smile that meant that he was glad for her to come back to him. Waiting so long for her, he felt as though it had been an eternity which made him feel dead inside.

Mila didn't understand why she wasn't even doing anything but allowing ZH to do as he pleased. "How long have I been asleep for?!" Mila tried to get out of his arms all of a sudden, but he would not allow her to go.

"You do not know how long it's been since I've last felt your lively warmth and adorable personality," ZH said, looking at Mila and hugging her closer to his bosom.

"How... long???" Mila didn't want to think that she was asleep for that long when her body already proved some facts of it being longer than she may have expected. 'What has been going on???' Feeling as though her brain would burn with irritation if ZH did not release her soon from his stronghold.

"Six years," ZH said Mila felt her jaw drop looking face to face with him. ZH felt happy that Mila had stopped struggling to try and get out of his arms, but he knew how much shock she was in at the moment.

"S-Six years..."

ZH knew that she would be surprised, but he was happy enough that she was finally awake. "Do you know how long I've been waiting for you to wake up?" He kept his gaze on her while Mila blinked with a bit of a confused look, but also feeling terrible for making him wait that long.

"Thank you for taking care of me all these years." Mila smiled, kissing his forehead which surprised ZH by a ton with his eyes going wide open. "By the way, where am I?" Completely forgetting that she was no longer a child, looking to him then to the entire place which was not the Mireraweth Kingdom by any chance.

ZH snapped back and remembered that she just woke up and knew nothing about where she was or how she got there in the first place. "This is Zameth kingdom. It is one of the best kingdoms that has a good healer for you." ZH knew that this kingdom was the best place to find a good healer who surpassed the rest at a much younger age.

"I didn't know that you knew the emperor here." Mila thought since she didn't think ZH's home was this far away from her birth kingdom. 'ZH never told me that he lived in this kingdom. Well... he never really spoke much about himself to be exact. I wonder if it's that bad for him to say so.' Thinking about it, she had no idea what ran through his head. Assuming everything was probably too personal to be told to her which made her leave it as it was.

"You can say that." ZH had forgotten that he didn't dress up as a nobility person; he also never told Mila that he was the heir of Zameth’s kingdom. 'I do not believe I need to tell her yet. It's still too early for her to know everything about me.' Feeling as though it could harm her mentally, he was not planning to tell her until she grew accustomed to the new kingdom she was in.

"How are my family and friends?!" She then asked, remembering that they were all separated not long after. 'I hope that they are all okay. I cannot let them be captured by the Mireraweth Emperor in any way.'

"They are fine. They've just been waiting for you and hiding since they are likely wanted criminals. If they come here then it means that they would have to come across the Mireraweth territory to get here. Which is not safe in any sort of way. You are asking to be captured at this point." ZH knew that it would be difficult and if they wanted to teleport then they would need enough strong mana to get there. 'The farther the kingdom, the stronger the mana. It is not the safest method to use. Most who do not use it properly tend to die within a few days. Their mana will slowly disappear into thin air making them like any other, then they will pass like they are sleeping.' ZH knew it as well that the Zameth kingdom was known very well for being the only citizens who could use such teleportation spells to get to kingdoms quicker but known to be a deadly spell.

"I have to go see them." Mila continued to try and get out of her arms, but he refused once more to let her go. 'Why won't you let me go???' Feeling herself once again about to burst, it was getting to the last straw of her patience.

"First, you just woke up. We need to get you some food." ZH had her stop moving, both meeting eye to eye once more between one another.

Growl~

Mila grew red with embarrassment since she didn't think the timing of her stomach would be that exact. ZH on the other hand was trembling not wanting to break into a laugh. "Let's get you some food." Sighing, he soon smiled, carrying Mila back inside ordering the few servants to prepare some food while he took Mila back to her room. "You need to rest. Don't try to disobey me." Telling Mila, he had a tone that meant that it was a warning or else she would face harsh punishment if she tried to disobey.

"ZH, I've been resting for about six years now. I don't want to rest anymore." Whining a bit, she felt very annoyed that she was still being treated like a child. "Have you been visiting me while I was sleeping this entire time?" Mila didn't know what happened, but she could tell that he looked a bit exhausted. "You should've been taking care of yourself, idiot." She rubbed both of his cheeks, always wishing to be able to see his eyes, but never wanting to push it too far. 'Why do you put me above everything else?' Seeing how he was an odd fellow, it was strange how they met in this life rather than their last. 'Why did I meet you now?'

"I didn't want to leave your side. I've been waiting so long for you to wake up. Now that you have, I don't want to be apart from you for a second." He held onto her hands that laid on his cheeks. 'You do not know how hard it was for me to stop my bloodthirst. Finding those men who chased after us four years ago... none survived.' He had intentions of telling her with the feeling as though she would hate him for doing so.

"Oh my!" The maids had the food brought into the room where they were told to go. They were shocked to see their young master was so caring to his chosen woman.

"This is truly a scene!"

"You don't ever see the young master do this type of affectionate thing!"

"It's so beautiful to witness!" The maids all said to one another, seeing how it was hard to ever see their young master show love towards someone he truly loved. They hurriedly left the tray of food and left after.

"ZH?! You're making us look like a married couple!" Mila said, pulling her hands back and holding the blanket instead of being so open for others to witness. "I'm no longer a child. I'm all grown up now." She looked away embarrassed that the maids saw everything.

"We could be a married couple. We already have a little child." ZH said, remembering that Kate called them both her parents. 'I do not care if anyone assumes so. I will never let you be with another lover, but me.'

"Idiot! Are you trying to marry me?!" Mila hugged the pillow close to her chest, thinking about how he could say such words.

"What if I do wish to marry you? Would you say yes?" He smiled, looking at Mila to see her reaction.

"...maybe." Mila covered the blanket over herself, not wanting to let him see her face. 'Idiot, I think I would agree no matter what. Since... it is you after all.'

"..." ZH held a shocked face looking at her even though she covered herself with the blankets. 'Then, there's a chance for me.' He smiled after pulling the blanket down to see Mila's face. "I'll be sure to make you say 'yes' when I ask you to marry me." Both met eyes which Mila then blinked at once she felt him lay a kiss on her forehead.

"Tsk, I feel like you've been overstepping your boundaries." Mila couldn't help, but feel happy inside to see his efforts.

"Come on time for you to eat." ZH decided to feed Mila since it wasn't an issue for him. 'Overstepping my boundaries? Says the one who overstepped it first.' Choosing to say so in his head, he did not want to ruin any moment together with her. He had sent a messenger to each of Mila's family and friends to inform them of her waking up.

***

"Father?! Father?! Father?!" Running up to Emmett was none other than his five-year-old son.

"Philbert, where's your mother?" Emmett carried his son who ran up to him in such a hurry for some odd reason. He had never seen his son this energetic in his entire life which was indeed strange for him. Seeing how he inherited his mother's brown hair but his light taupe eyes.

"Mother is busy with the dishes. I wanted to see you practice with your sword! I am finally old enough to be able to start training!" He was always amazed to see his father's way of fighting which was amazing in his eyes. 'Father is the best fighter and knight that I know. He never disappoints me! No one can defeat him!' Saying so, he held high hopes for his father who made him happy to be born as his child.

"You do take after me more than your mother. This sword holds one pride and honor. You must never forget it." Emmett smiled, seeing how his son was five years old and clever, yet he wanted to start knowing more about swordsmanship. "One must always be alert, but they can never win every battle. Battles and fights are meant to teach you something." Sensing a few twigs break nearby, I turned towards the direction of the noise. "Who's there?!" Emmett looked out, keeping Philbert close to him, making sure that his son would not be in harm's way.

"It's fine. I'm a messenger from the individual known as ZH.`` The messenger hid their identity, keeping to themselves and doing as they were told.

Hearing that, Emmett hadn't heard from him in a long time since they were still waiting for news about their young lady. The last thing he heard was that his young lady had entered into a coma with uncertainty about waking up. "What did he want to tell me?"

"He says that the young lady has finally awakened from her coma state. There is nothing more included, but to remain hidden till then." The messenger left without a trace with Philbert looking up to his father. Having no clue about what that whole ordeal was since it happened long before he was born that time.

"Father, who's the 'young lady'?" Philbert decided to try and get to know a little more information than to stand and know nothing.

"She is a wonderful person." Emmett held his son's hand, going inside with his son to tell Sara about the good news that they’d been waiting for.

6