Chapter 111
39 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was sudden, but Mila felt her hands move away from her face with ZH taking the chance to kiss her. ‘What is he thinking??? Doing something so shameless!!!’ Muffling a bit, she then stopped struggling and soon complied with it.

After some time, Mila was hugged into his arms while she looked down at his chest once their kiss had stopped. ZH looked down at her, seeing how beautiful she still was with the setting sun shining onto her. "You're truly beautiful." He laid his hand onto her cheek and rubbed his thumb against her soft cheek. "How did I meet such a beautiful woman?" He said, making Mila couldn't help but smile.

"Maybe, it was fate. How did I meet such a handsome man?" She came back asking a similar question. ‘How did I end up with you this time? What was the purpose of my last life then?’

"Am I handsome? You've only seen my hair, lips, cheek, but not my eyes." He said. Mila looked up to him not even caring if she ever saw his eyes or not. ‘What would she think if half of my face was hideous instead?’

"Seeing your eyes or not, it does not matter to me. Even if you were hideous, it does not change the fact that you've always been there by my side. You are the man that I truly care for and feel for. I hope you won't let this opportunity slip by, or will you." Mila couldn't help, but tease him if he was going to let her slip out of his clutch of getting her love and attention. ‘I will not offer again if refused.’

"You're kidding me. I'll never let this slip by. This is the best thing that I will never let go of. Being loved and cherished by you, I can only return the same feelings." ZH then laid her hand above his heart where he could feel the heat emitting from it. Feeling his heartbeat, Mila couldn't help, but feel how much it was beating so rapidly.

'Is he perhaps nervous?' Mila could see how he likely had never done this before which made her happy to know that there was likely no other woman in his heart, but her. "Then, don't let me go." Mila wrapped her arms around his neck, smiling to see how he didn't want to let her go as she did with him when he was Ambrose.

"D-Does this mean that we are close to marriage?" ZH was feeling excited in his heart, wanting to truly know if they were going that route.

"Huh???" Mila didn't think he would bring up that question again when she could hear the sound of wedding bells already ringing in her head. Unsure of how to answer, but they had been best friends now for about longer than ten years. "I guess so." Mila giggled seeing his face lit up with joy to know that there was a future for them.

He hugged her with his head leaning against her shoulder while Mila leaned her head against him with her cheek hitting his head. "You do not understand how hard it is for a man like myself to hold back." He said, sighing to try and calm his heart down from being clumsy or ruining the mood.

"Thank you for thinking about me. You are one of the best men out there who would try so hard to hold back for me. I'm glad that I met you before anyone else." Mila held his hand as he held hers back, thinking about how much bigger his hands were. Both looked to one another, pressing their foreheads together, feeling as though their relationship was going far better than they expected.

***

"Isn't that a nice scenery?" The emperor of Zameth stood at a good distance looking at the young couple from afar in their garden. "Reminds me of my good old days. I wonder why they are this shameless. They need to keep an eye out for others around in the garden since today is a good day to be out.” He sighed, feeling as though the young couple needed to avoid being so close or else things could take a turn.

"Your majesty, I don't think it's a good idea that you are spying on them from afar. Wouldn't the crown prince be displeased that you are doing this?" His old butler sighed, seeing how he didn't change from his old methods and attitude. ‘This is kind of how he met his wife.’ Thinking back to when the emperor was much younger and immature while going around the kingdom like a common citizen.

"Nonsense, he is my grandson, but as long as he doesn't sense us then we are fine." The emperor smiled, but the butler worried since Prince Ambrose could sense even a little bug from miles away. "I wonder if that girl's father approves of this?" The Zameth Emperor had done a little search himself, finding out about Mila’s father who was very protective of her since birth.

“We can’t do anything about it. With the family being separated then we have no choice, but to let things be as it is.” The butler started to wonder if they were ever going to head back to the palace. ‘How long will we stay here???’

(-_-lll)

***

"Achoo..." Duke Reynard rubbed his nose feeling as though it wasn't even that cold yet. ‘I feel like I tend to sneeze a lot for no reason. Is there a connection?’ Duke Reynard did not know if there was something wrong with his health or if it was just some sort of other matter.

"Grandfather, are you sick?" Ella looked to see her grandfather sitting at his desk while she sat with Alec on the couch reading a book. They were in Duke Reynard’s office which he always allowed the two of them to stay in just as long as they did not make a mess in it. ‘Grandfather is always healthy! He isn’t getting sick is he???’ Ella hoped that there wasn’t anything wrong with her grandfather who raised her and stood in her life since birth.

"No, my nose just felt itchy for a second." Trying not to think too much about it, but it made him think about the other sneezes that he had throughout his life.

‘It’s probably just a sneeze.’ Alec told himself, going back to read his book given to him while Ella still worried about Duke Reynard.

***

"Your majesty, it seems as though Lady Vita is three weeks pregnant." The doctor had given the news to the Mireraweth emperor who didn't think that he would still be able to have kids at his old age. He was already reaching his elderly years, but having another child would still not change his attitude towards his harem of women.

"Be sure to have her well fed and taken care of. Do not let anything happen to her and the child." The Mireraweth emperor figured this would be good to judge between the two children of his. They had to wait first if it was going to be a prince or princess. 'If it's a prince then we will see which prince will be good for the throne. If it's a princess then she will be the replacement for the Zameth heir's fiancé. We need to take action early if we want to gain anything from both sides.’ He had recalled back when he was the youngest prince and would never be looked upon as the best candidate when he took the hand of a few corrupted officials to get the throne. Taking the chance, he achieved his goal to become the Emperor of Mireraweth Kingdom. Being looked upon by everyone, he had married the corrupted official’s daughter to reach his power and in doing so he lived the luxurious life that he earned. ‘Let us see if this next child will be like me or not.’

The emperor left with the doctor while Vita lay in the bed to see how her position in the harem could gain her some power to claim. "You still haven't accomplished and confirmed the death of my oldest brother and my father." Vita looked to the shadows where the emperor's sorcerer entered without anyone detecting him.

"Strange, coming from a woman whose child isn't even the emperors, but one of the emperor's men. This child will have to be sure to rule this kingdom if they have what it takes." He went up laying his hand onto Vita's belly carrying his child. ‘Yet, I do wonder if this child is meant to be born or not.’ The sorcerer did not have a single familial bond or connection to the child growing inside of the woman he was using.

"So, this is the deal that we've made. You help me get revenge on my father and Leo while I help you bear this child to take over Mireraweth kingdom." Vita didn't think he would use this method. ‘It’s a gain for both sides. When I give birth to this lowly child then I will be able to slowly gain the power that I seek.’

"Exactly, this child will be our path to the highest of nobility. We will be able to have whatever we want with this child." He kissed Vita who didn't mind but played along with him to get her way around the harem’s power.

“What will you do after we rise to the top? Will you take the throne of the emperor?” Vita started to seduce him, exposing her bosoms that were slowly growing due to the child in her.

“Hm, I will surely make sure that your child takes the throne. While you, the mother, will take the empress throne to handle the harem affairs while I help the child on the throne.” The sorcerer knew about a woman’s seduction which he figured was not hard for a young and innocent woman to turn into a dog in heat.

“I surely make sure to do my part then.” Vita bit down onto his neck, leaving a mark on him while the sorcerer decided to let it go rather than to hurt the woman. He disliked women who left marks on him, but he knew that Vita was just a chess piece of his.

***

Walking back to ZH's room, Mila could help but feel happy that they would finally be knowing more about each other little by little. "You rest first. I'll be there once I'm done with a few things." He was about to leave when Mila grabbed him by the hand, making him look down at her.

"Umm... can you stay until I fall asleep?" Mila didn't want to bother him, but she finally felt happy that things were a bit more clear between them. ‘I want to spend a little more time with him. It’s a selfish request, but I don’t want to leave his side yet.’

ZH smiled, seeing how she was still the same when she was younger. "Alright, just until you fall asleep." ZH went back to Mila’s side, seeing how he could just keep looking at her without being bored.

Both laid down in the same bed, holding each other's hand. Mila didn't know that they would come this far into their relationship. Trying to fall asleep, Mila still couldn't feel sleepy enough. "I can't fall asleep." Mila sighed, seeing how it may drag ZH to stay up even later when he had other things to do than to watch her all night.

"Maybe this will help." ZH had Mila lay onto his arm while she didn't expect it, leaving them face to face with one another.

"How will you be able to get out then?" She worriedly asked. Thinking that he might struggle to get out since she was laying directly onto his arm. Not only that, she feared that his arm would fall asleep on him if she laid on it for too long. 

5