Chapter 112
34 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Don't worry. It'll be easy." ZH kissed her head which she found herself feeling more sleepy this time as if her body was just getting lighter. It didn't take long for her to drift off with ZH smiling to see how she needed to be comfortable. It made him even happier to see that she needed him to be able to sleep and get comfy. He didn't want to leave Mila, but he still needed to handle a few situations with his people. There had been a bit of an issue with Mana Hunters that would come by taking any beasts they set their eyes upon. Beasts would come to the Zameth kingdom knowing that it was like a safe haven, but also most Mana Hunters were likely targets in the Zameth kingdom since the citizens held strong hate towards them. Mana Hunters were harshly despised in the Zameth kingdom which was why most beasts come to the Zameth kingdom to hide or rest to avoid being taken away. Slipping easily out of Mila's hold, he smiled seeing how she worried for nothing about his arm. When she fell asleep then she fell deeply asleep. It worried him instead since she had been sleeping for six years which left him concerned if she would ever wake up or not. ‘Mila, don’t you ever leave my side again. It has been nothing, but torture for the last few years in my life without you.’ Giving her one last kiss, it was hard for him to leave her side.

Leaving the room, he met with his close comrade who looked over his duties when he wasn't there. "Theo, how is it so far?" ZH could see that from the looks of the current situation. The Mana Hunters were becoming more troublesome and arrogant now that they had gathered just about enough mana to hide their presence among the citizens.

"They've been taking things more seriously this time around. Every single time we try to have them speak out. They kill themselves before we could even start questioning them." Theo was frustrated to see that the Mana Hunters did not care about their own lives but more for their little cult or so. “It has turned far worse over the years now that they had gathered enough that they were seeking for. Why did we never stop them when we had the chance?” Theo was upset since they had the chance back then, but it would have brought up another war that could put them at a disadvantage if they were found at the weakest point.

" You know the reason why we could not at that time. huff Once you capture them then make sure you seal their mana stones and their movement without giving them any advantage. We cannot delay this any longer since we have given them too much time to achieve what they want. It would be best that we use a truth serum now." ZH didn't think that they would have to go that far to use the truth serum which would drive the person insane after using it once.

"Is there no other option?" Theo hated to use the truth serum, but it was their last resort.

"This may be the only option left. We need to know what they are planning. They've been growing more and more in numbers." ZH soon left looking back to his room and hoping that Mila wouldn't get into any trouble while he was gone for a few days. "Let's start."

‘This is going to be an endless war for sure.’ Theo knew that even though there was no actual war, the investigation was enough to make it last like it was.

***

"Father, there's a couple with their kid here saying that they know you and mother." Philbert looked to Emmett and Sara who were confused since they did not know if a couple probably lost their way and were seeking help. Both got up going outside to see Tim and Thelma with a little girl who held both features of her parents.

"Thelma!" Sara rushed ahead hugging Thelma who smiled hugging her back in return. “You finally came to visit.” Sara couldn’t remember the last time that they met or spoke to one another.

"It's been so long." Thelma smiled, seeing how Sara had cut her hair shorter. “You’ve cut your hair.”

"Yeah, I decided to make a few changes to myself.” Sara did not know if she looked weird or not. ‘I probably don’t match this haircut.’ Grabbing onto the ends of her hair, she did not know if she should cut it again after it started to grow longer.

“You look good with it.” Thelma could see that Sara matched well with short hair. '“You match very well with it. You look more mature.” Thelma had to be honest since it was indeed true that Thelma looked more mature since she looked different back then.

“How have you been?" Sara couldn't help but want to know about how everything had been going while they were apart.

"It's been going well. This is my daughter, Jane." Thelma had Jane introduced to Sara, but she hid behind Thelma unsure of the new people around her. "Sorry, she hasn't gotten used to new people yet. Children tend to need time to adapt to new places around them before talking about whatever comes to mind."

"It's completely fine. This is my son, Philbert." Sara had both children meet, but Philbert was the more confident fellow and looked at Jane with his casual look.

"She's ugly." Both mothers were shocked while Sara then smacked his head. ‘It’s true though.’ Philbert had to be honest with himself, but he did not think that his mother would hit him on the head.

 

(ΦдΦlll) (ΦдΦlll)

 

"Is that any way to greet someone?! I never taught you to be so open about your opinion of others! You are a young boy, so wait until she is much older." Sara sighed, seeing how Philbert was being rude. ‘I can’t believe that this is what my son says to this little cute girl.’ Sara did not know what else to do or say since the damage had been done.

"He's stupid," Jane said back with both mothers shocked again and dropping their jaws.

 

(ΦдΦlll) (ΦдΦlll)

 

"Jane??? Don’t be rude to them. We are their guests." Thelma didn't know what to do now. ‘Oh my word, I do not know what to do in this situation either.’ Thelma and Sara looked to one another, unsure of how their children will get along with one another.

"Ugly..."

"Stupid..."

Both children were looking at each other with dagger eyes like they were rivals. Clearly showing that they were going up against one another, despite their parents standing there around them.

‘How are we going to get our children to get along?’ Sara and Thelma had the same question in mind because they did not know how they were going to have their children get along with one another.

Emmett and Tim didn't want to join in since they preferred their children to be independent, but if things got out of hand then they would step in to stop the trouble. Doing as they please, the two fathers did not intervene which left the mothers to handle them.

"It seems as though you even brought this guy here." Emmett saw the horse that had the rock element which was also the horse that followed their young lady. Mila had lent him to Tim and Thelma when they were traveling that time six years ago.

[I am only here since you all know where my beloved mare is. I am not going to follow you all anymore once I meet with her.] Buck was not going to keep following them all since he only wanted to find Vivian who he only thought about for the last six years.

"Yeah, I wanted to return him when we met up with Mila again. Tell me more about your life right now. We can talk about our young lady after some reconciliation time." Tim and Emmett had followed their wives into their temporary home with their children still arguing with one another. “Have you decided to try and have another child after this one?” Tim decided to ask Emmett about his growing family to begin with. To be honest, though, having one child made life a little easy to handle since feeding more than one or two children would cost more.

“No, one may be just enough for us. I don’t think there is any plan for more children. How about you and Thelma?“ Emmett and Sara already made the plan that they were not going to have any more children.

“We both would, but Thelma has struggled in her last pregnancy and labor. I do not wish to repeat the same cycle if she is going to lose her life for it.” Tim watched his wife who was helping Sara make dinner. “She is my world and my daughter as well. We are happy as we are right now.” Tim took the tea placed in front of him with Emmett doing the same.

“We don’t wish to lose anyone we cherish. Losing them would make us become nothing, but a dead man walking on alone.” Emmett said, knowing that he would just be a body walking if something were to happen to Sara or his son. Tim knew that he would be the same, both leaving it as it is.

***

Mila didn't even know that ZH had left the bedroom when he mentioned his duty. Not only that, but his butler had informed her about his duty which required him to leave his mansion for a few days. 'He could've told me before he left.' She whined inside her head to know that he just left without telling her. ‘Why didn’t he tell me beforehand? It would make things a little easier for me than to ask the butler.’

Walking down the halls, she figured it wouldn't be too bad to look around more since she still did not know her entire way around ZH’s mansion. "Oh, you're the little lady that has the young lord's attention."

Turning around, Mila met with charming amber eyes and faded auburn hair. "Who are you?" She looked to see the young man wearing fancy priest-like clothes. Even with an emblem on, she figured he was someone who held a high position in the Zameth Kingdom or even a big image.

"My apologies. My name is Noah, and I am Zameth kingdom's healer." He introduced himself which had Mila thinking that he could've been the one who helped her when she was injured at that time.

"I'm Mila." Mila looked at him still wondering if he helped her. ‘Did he help me heal six years ago?’

"If you're wondering if I helped you then 'yes' I was the one who helped you. Your fiancé wanted me to help you or else I would've had my head chopped off by his sword." He said Mila didn't think he would call her his fiancé already.

'Have people already foreseen our relationship?!' Looking at Noah, she didn't know what ran in his head. "Thank you, but people are already calling us fiancés?" Not knowing if rumors were already being told at this time since she had been living with ZH’s for quite a long time now.

Noah saw her confused look which he figured she didn't have a single clue about their arrangements along with Ambrose's real background. 'So this is why he wants us to call him 'young lord' instead of 'your highness.'' Noah had to back him up or else he could be killed later on. "You can say that. Everyone knows that you both have a special relationship." Making sure that he could cover up for anything that could’ve been said incorrectly. ‘I hope that this makes sense.’

Both walked down the hallway with the maids and servants busy as usual. "Why are you here? If you're the healer then shouldn't you be at the Zameth palace or castle?"

5