Chapter 113
34 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Funny thing, he wanted me to be sure that you are well rested along with your mana and soul fully healed. You do not know how early he woke me up this morning." Noah remembered ZH [Ambrose] knocking on his door and dragging him to wait outside in the cold early morning. ‘He dragged me out when I was not even dressed, but I was still wrapped up in my blanket. My poor sleep.’ Noah wanted to cry, missing his bed already since he was dragged out of his will.

"I'm pretty sure that he was just worried about me. Thank you for coming here to do so." Mila smiled, deciding to have some snacks and tea for Noah who came to see her forced by ZH. "Why did he just leave all of a sudden? Do you perhaps know the reason?" Looking to Noah, she felt as though he would possibly know the reason why he just left.

"Hm?" Noah looked to see how Mila was likely feeling some kind of betrayal in her heart. "I'm pretty sure he didn't do it on purpose." There was a misunderstanding between the two, but he could not blame Mila. ZH [Ambrose] should have told Mila before he left, but instead, he went ahead and said nothing to her. ‘I feel like there is going to be a conflict here if it does not go well.’ There was only so much that Noah could do or say since there was still so much that ZH did not say or mention.

(-_-)

"I feel like I'm a burden on him." Mila was living freely off ZH while he was busy handling his duties. He saved her, took care of her, even informed her family and friends about her. "He does so much for me, yet... I can barely repay him for it all." At the same time, she did not want to be lied to by anyone she loves. If ZH was meeting another woman or had another woman in mind then she felt as though there was no way that she could kill him. The only other option would be to run away from him than to be with him if another woman was involved.

"Him doing that proves to you how much he loves you." Noah wanted Mila to know that she wasn't being treated out of pure kindness of a friend, but a lover. ZH had his reason for wanting to keep Mila away from danger. ‘There is so much that you still do not know about. I feel sorry for you, but the reason you do not know is that he is afraid.’

"I don't want to keep hiding away. I feel like it's about time that I start doing something." Mila had a serious look on her face wanting to be able to help in any way. “It just doesn’t feel right to keep sitting here and live as I please. There has to be something that I can do.” Noah could see that Mila wanted to do something, but what was there for her to do since there wasn’t much to do besides hunt for the Mana Hunters causing trouble all around. Both Noah and Mila were sitting down at a table in the garden with the food set around for them.

"If you want to help them, I'll give you a little info," Noah smirked, leaning onto his hand with his elbow resting on the table. Mila scooted closer with her ear towards him to listen in on what he was about to tell her. "He is working on finding Mana Hunters to keep them alive. They've been taking the easy way out to avoid telling the truth." He said and gestured his hand like a cut across his neck which Mila knew what he meant by that.

"Has there been even a little detail that they give out?" Mila wandered with the Mana Hunters on the loose for a long time. Even with her gone for six years, she was still likely a target. ‘They will still likely try to capture me if they find me alive. I’m amazed that they haven’t found me after six years of being unconscious.' Mila did not know how ZH managed to hide her, but she was still quite amazed.

"Nope, they have grown more desperate for mana. The Zameth kingdom is known for beasts that come here out of their free will to live peacefully for some time. Beasts here are treated with equality like humans. No one should be mistreated, be it human or beast." Noah told Mila who had no idea about that part of Zameth kingdom. "I'm assuming you had no idea about this."

"Yeah, I didn't think that the Zameth kingdom would be like this. It makes me very happy to know that a kingdom like this exists. I’ve only ever lived in one kingdom far much longer than any other, so this gives me more of a bigger view of what is out there." She felt relieved that there was such a kingdom that cared about both people and the beast. ‘This kingdom may be one of a kind for having such equality between humans and beasts. This kingdom must have a long history with beasts since the beginning of time.’ Mila wanted to know more about this kingdom now that Noah told her about it. ‘I should look into the library to find some history records or books about it.’

"What will you do? Now that you have good information about what the young lord is doing." Noah wanted to know what Mila had in store for ZH or the crown prince of Zameth Kingdom. 'It's not the full detail I guess, but I’ve heard about how Mila always thinks of something amazing, or extraordinary. Ambrose better is right in what he told me for the last six years.’ Noah would try to do his best to cheer up ZH [Ambrose] since it was like depression or mourning period for him. Recently, seeing how much ZH had improved then it was getting better than before.

"..." Mila pondered, unsure of how to deal with it. Even if she had a good idea, she wasn't going to share it so easily. She never shared her plans or ideas which was what drove others crazy for such secrecy that she held. "I don't know." Holding a smile, those who knew her would easily be able to see that she was not an easy shell to crack.

Noah had his head fall onto the table seeing how she had nothing in mind. "A-Are you serious?" He looked at her and could not even tell from her facial expression if she was joking with him or not.

"Mhm..." Mila decided to have a sip of her tea and enjoy the calm weather with a clear sky staring down at them.

"Well, I suppose since you're good at everything then I'll be taking my leave. Be sure to give the young lord my greetings when he returns. Also, he should not be bothering someone busier than him daily." Noah sighed, leaving with Mila seeing him out the doors.

'Sometimes… you cannot change who the person is. Sorry Noah, but I do not think that I can help you with ZH’s behavior when he summons you. Well, I guess I have an idea now. It's been some time, so it's about time that I've called my dearest friends to come out.' She smiled, thinking about all of her friends who were sound asleep inside her. "It's time to wake up." She said once she entered the room she was currently using which belonged to ZH. "Vivian... Skye... Kate..."

Each one of them was coming out with Mila smiling to see that they were all fine with no injuries. Vivian and Skye were still the same with Vivian's unicorn form and Skye's griffin form. Kate's form had grown on the other hand almost looking to be the same size as her old body.

[Mila!!!!] Skye and Vivian shouted, seeing how Mila was no longer in any dire situation. They were not even able to connect to her in any way when they were resting or waiting to see her in her unconscious state.

[Mama!!!!] Kate rushed over, nuzzling against Mila continuously while whining.

Skye and Vivian signed, seeing that it was pointless to get Kate out of the habit of calling Mila her 'mama'. Even though they were already used to it at this point without caring anymore.

"How are you all?" Mila hugged them all being in the center of them while Kate had half of her body laying on Mila’s lap. Skye and Vivian laid their heads against each of her shoulders, seeing how she had fully grown and finally healed after six years. They had fallen into a dormant state waiting for the time that Mila was finally ready to summon them. Given only the time to gather their mana while communicating with one another.

[We are fine.] Skye didn't want to start pinning down any negative words or thoughts about the incident six years ago.

[You took your sweet time.] Vivian grumbled, looking down to Mila who made them wait for so long.

[Mama, you were asleep for a long time. I only had Skye and Vivian to talk to for the last six years. I missed you a lot.] Kate was already larger than Mila but still called her ‘mama’ which just became pleasing to hear in all of their hearts.

"You are all so silly. We're together again, so it's okay now. I missed you all very much. I’m glad that nothing happened to any of you. Likewise, I do not know what I would have done if you all were hurt." She smiled, loving them all who waited every single day for her to call them out. "I need your help." She looked to them all hoping that they would be able to give her a hand in something after being called again after so long.

[Of course, we've been in slumber for so long. It's about time that we've started waking up and using our stored mana.] Skye held a gentle gaze, looking at Vivian and Kate who nodded rapidly with joy.

"Are you all able to find some information about Mana Hunters?" They froze remembering some experience about the Mana Hunters who were likely ruthless with no sense of care. "If you all can't or something about it bothers you then don't worry. I understand. I just need to find out some little details about them in this kingdom. I need to know if maybe there is someone who is causing all of this trouble just to either get me or something more dangerous in their plan." She felt as though there might be someone controlling the people or manipulating them. At the same time, she felt as though something big was going to happen.

[I'll go.] Skye looked to them all since she knew another way to not get caught so easily by the Mana Hunters. [It's a method to avoid getting caught. It'll be easy.] Skye went ahead pulling one of her feathers out with her beak. The other three did not understand what she was going to do with a little feather of hers that she plucked out. Laying it down, it then formed into another replica of her right in front of everyone.

"Whoa... were you always able to do this?" Mila looked from the fake Skye to the real one. Seeing how both did not have anything missing; showing that it was an exact clone of Skye. The only thing was that the clone looked a little more lifeless, or held no actual feelings. ‘Hm… seems like a few emotions and life is missing, but overall this isn’t so bad either. I wonder if I will be able to make one as well with Skye’s feathers. Perhaps not.’ Pondering for some time before she had to go back to the current situation or request of hers. 

5