Chapter 114
36 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[It's a simple thing that I recently learned while gathering my mana. Over time, we can do or learn things when we are dormant since we had all the free time when we are at that stage. Might as well learn something new while I was free than waste time away doing nothing.] Skye could see how Mila had no clue that beasts were able to discover something new about themselves with new abilities that can be created.

"Well, why don't we start having your fellow replica start its duty." Mila had opened the balcony window allowing Skye's replica to start its search. Moving as commanded, it went ahead flying off to the town where it would try to find anything useful.

[What are we exactly looking for?] Skye looked down to Mila who pondered a bit with the thought coming into mind. [I can see through my clone’s eyes, so it makes it easy to see without going anywhere.]

"We're looking for any Mana Hunters. We need to find them, but make sure that they do not immediately kill themselves if we get detected." She didn't want to think about the possibility of them killing themselves even though it was high. "Can you allow me to have a look also?" Mila could see that Skye was the only one who could see from her clone's point of view. Both shared the same or connected soul, so it made it easy to connect which could also be dangerous if not used correctly.

[Okay.] Skye had then connected both of them to see the same thing in her clone’s view from the sky.

"Wow... it looks amazing in this view. So this is how you see everything from your very own eyes." Mila could easily see the town with people in the l either still selling on the night market or celebrating with their family and friends. What surprised them, even more, was that there were beasts all around hanging onto buildings with some beasts being fed and taken care of even though they were wild or unclaimed. 'Wow, this place is much more civilized than I thought.' Then, she noticed a familiar figure below. "ZH?!" Shouting out his name, Kate and Vivian had jumped up from being startled by the sudden shout from Mila.

Skye had even noticed the same boy from before, but who was very much grown up into a man now. [That's ZH?! Just how many years has passed???]] Skye said with Vivian and Kate looking to one another since they didn't see anything. Going up to the balcony, both were trying to see if they could spot any figure that looked like ZH from what they recalled back in their memories.

[Mama!!! Can I see papa also?!] Kate was using her paws to lightly tap Mila while trying to let Skye allow her to see, but Skye refused to do so.

[No, you cannot see any of this until you learn to create something new with your gathered up mana.] Skye was trying to get Kate to learn and try to get new abilities for herself in the future.

[That’s not fair!!!] Kate was whining and whimpering that Skye would force her to train. ‘Why does it just have to be me?!?!?! Why can’t it be someone else also?!?!?!’ Feeling nothing, but stubbornness in her head since she never had to train until now.

"What's he doing there?!" Mila had Skye's clone fly lower to see what ZH was up to during this time of night. Skye's clone had laid down observing ZH who was speaking to the few men of his. "Damn it! What is he doing there?!" Mila felt a bit concerned and worried all at once since he had not spoken a word to her about what he had been up to. Once ZH’s men had left, Mila then saw a woman who showed up smiling and looking at him for attention. Speaking to him, she then saw her hugging him with her bosoms pressing up against his arm. It then reminded Mila of the time Vita had done the same thing to her past lover. "Skye, let's move on to our main objective." Mila refused to see such a scenario happen again when this was her second life to value. ‘I do not want to know what happens after.’

Skye could sense the tense look that Mila had and proceeded with their main goal.

***

-Short Part of Mila’s Past Life- (Short)

“Hey, why can’t you just marry me?” Vita was hugging onto Mila’s past lover’s arm, pressing her bosoms onto him to get his attention.

“You know that it’s still not the best time. Not after what we had done.” He said, looking at Vita who was secretly out with him on a date while avoiding any eyes from recognizing who they were. Mila was just a wandering soul that watched the two get away with murder with her soul filled with nothing, but anger towards the two people who took advantage of her.

“You do not need to feel any guilt towards that useless woman. You have me after all. I will not let you be harmed.” Vita dragged him into an alley where she pressed her lips against his. He was hesitant at first but soon went along with the kiss which started to give him the urge to take Vita there. “Let’s go home first.” Vita held a smirk, knowing that her sister’s husband was now hers. Mila had watched them both turn over her murder so easily, seeing that they were nothing. but monsters who held blood smeared all over their hands.

-End of Mila’s Past Life- (Short)

***

ZH was frustrated to know that his men let a Mana Hunter slip through so easily that they could have been able to get some information from them if they were not led wrong. "How could you all let him slip through?!" He didn't think that the Mana Hunter would suddenly slip by so smoothly. "Just see if there were any witnesses who saw them pass by." ZH stood looking at his men trying to collect any information that they could find. He had sensed a familiar presence watching him from afar, but he didn't know where it was. It was dark which didn't allow him to see so well during the nighttime.

"Are you waiting for a special guest, handsome gentlemen?" A woman then came up looking at ZH trying to get his attention. She was bold enough to go forth, pressing her bosoms onto his arm since she figured that most men would not be able to turn down a beautiful woman with a good figure.

‘This woman is disgusting. I will surely take a long bath to wash her scent off of me.’ That was the only thought that ran in his head. "I'm looking for a wanted member of some cult." ZH could see that the woman was trying to do something to him as he got his arm out from her bosom. After all, Zameth women would not seduce another man openly when it put their image and reputation on the line. Zameth women were far more highly held on their reputation which they hold a high pride as well which made it rather easy for them to be able to do much more and be about just the same as men in this kingdom.

[Your Highness, she has something in her hand. Be careful.] Jero spoke out inside ZH's head, making sure that ZH knew of the suspicious woman who was trying to seduce him with her looks.

'Don't worry. I know.' ZH was then hugged once more by the woman knowing that she was trying to seduce him, but at the same time he took her by both hands as she dropped a small dagger that was smaller than her hand; more like the size of a child's hand. “So, you work for them as well.” ZH gave off a deadly aura, making him think now that the woman may have been the cause of losing the Mana Hunter that they were chasing after.

"Are you alright?!" Theo came rushing seeing that the dagger was on the ground with the woman's body immediately locked by ZH's spell. ZH dusted his hands, feeling nothing disgusted that he had to touch such a woman. She had dropped a small Mana stone soon after which collected the mana from beasts from their kingdom.

"Have her interrogated. We don't want to miss any opportunities here." ZH no longer senses the familiar presence from before wondering who it could be that was watching him. 'Could it be...' His thoughts and mind wavered unsure if he could trust his thoughts or not. He wanted to be sure that it wasn't who he thought it was. "Jero..."

Appearing out was his Crested Eye Quetzal which stood on his shoulder looking at him. [What do you wish for me to do?] Jero patiently waited, hoping that it would not be too hard to fulfill for his master.

"Go and see Mila. I do not know why, but there is just this unsettling feeling that I have about her right now." ZH had sent Jero to check up on Mila since he still had some unfinished business to attend to.

***

"Have you found any news at all about Net or Cotton?" Tim and Emmett were speaking to another since they had been searching for the two beasts that Mila had in their group.

"Not a single trace. They can't be found anywhere." Emmett had been looking around, but they hadn't noticed or seen a cottontail Raccoon or a Polka Dotted Air Newt. "You don't think that they..."

Both Tim and Emmett had been thinking of the possibility, but they were still not quite sure yet.

***

[Go! Do not be found by them!!!] Cotton flew back hitting the dry soil below her, creating the vines that formed into a shield with incoming fireballs thrown at her.

[Cotton!!] Net tried to run to her but using the last of her mana. Cotton used her vines to grab onto Net, tossing him as far as he could go running away from the Mana Hunter who then held her down. [Cotton!!!!] Net did not know where he flew, but he only saw Cotton’s figure become smaller and smaller as he flew off.

***

"How can those Mana Hunters take such suicide methods? Isn’t that just too cruel?" Aiken didn't understand why the Mana Hunters would work so hard to conceal themselves away or hide their leader from being discovered.

"Your majesty, there's been a letter sent to you by the Crown Prince of Zameth kingdom." Vere entered in handing the letter to Aiken who was working with him to find the Mana Hunters as well.

'I've caught one. It seems as though it may be difficult to get a clear answer from her. Try to lock their body from any movement or sudden attempt to kill themselves. It'll give us more time to get an answer along with using the truth serum even though it has an after effect.' - Zameth Crown Prince

Aiken knew that they would have to use that method since it was the only way to get a clear answer along with proceeding further into the Mana Hunters who had been killing off beasts for their use. It was likely against the law to kill beasts when they are just the same as humans. Aiken did not understand why humans who were born with no mana had started to grow desperate all of a sudden for such power.

"Vere, make sure that you have anyone who gets close to it into contact with a Mana Hunter and would be sure to lock their every move," Aiken informed Vere to have them prepared when they caught one.

“I will be sure to inform them about it,” Vere replied, leaving Aiken’s office when he came across Ai just outside of Aiken’s office room. “Princess Ai, what brings you here???” Vere did not understand why Ai was there. 

5