Chapter 7
929 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Lady Mila!? What happened to your teddy bear?!" Sara said while Mila hugged her. Mila cried, holding the teddy bear still in her arms. Sara took the arm that was pulled off. 'Having to play the role of an infant is hard. The tears are hard to come out, but with my teddy bear's arm gone...' Mila felt upset that the same person had destroyed her first present.

"There, there." Sara had taken out a needle and thread and started sewing the arm back. "It's not going to look as pretty as before, but it's the best that it can look." Sara handed Mila the teddy bear with the stitching a little off, with the thread color different from the original. "Let's go outside, and maybe you can feel better."

Being taken outside, Mila looked around to the garden she was taken to. Looking around, she then came across a knight in training. He had dirty blonde hair and light taupe eyes. "Knight!" Mila said, still holding her teddy bear close.

The knight turned to see Mila and Sara, who looked at him. "It's a pleasure to meet Lady Mila." He got on one knee and held one of his hands on his chest. Mila knew that it was a sign of greeting and respect. "My name is Emmett Larance. I am currently a knight in training." He then saw Sara, which caught his attention.

Hearing that, Mila smiled at him, with Sara also doing the same. "We came here to have a little open air. My young lady was upset, so I decided to have her get a little happier than earlier." Sara said while Emmett smiled at Sara and looked to Mila, who held the teddy bear that was half her size.

"I hope that I'll be seeing you both then from here," Emmett said with Sara smiling and Mila a little happy to see a little love that may bloom between the two.
***
Leo had seen what had happened between Vita and Mila. He had burnt most of Vita's possessions in her room, which he hoped Vita would learn not to mess with Mila. "Trying to steal someone else's stuff isn't someone of the Noble Family," Leo said, seeing Vita in anger to know her stuff had been burnt.

She couldn't be angry, or rage on anyone since three people in the family could use fire: their father, Leo, and Darren.
***
Leo left to see Mila in the garden with Sara and a knight in training.

Mila held onto the teddy bear that their father had given to her. Seeing her holding the teddy bear, he couldn't help but know that she was very fond of their father. Going up, he was greeted by Emmett, "Greetings, Lord Leo."

"Leo!!!" Mila stood up, being carried by Leo, who smiled at her.

"Hey, how's my little sister?" Leo had her smiling back at him. "I have a little time with you until I have to get back to my studies." Leo wanted to spend some time with Mila before going back.

'Wait! Today is when father goes to the palace to talk to the emperor about the treaty! I'll be sure to see father before he leaves!' Mila thought, knowing that she was glad to know the events that happened.
***
Duke Reynard had heard from Leo what had happened with Mila and Vita. He didn't mind that Leo had punished Vita since he would've done worse. He perhaps would've just had Vita demoted to maid status.

"Your Grace, you have a meeting with the emperor soon. He's called the four dukes to come to the meeting to discuss the treaty with the Zameth Kingdom." Trivett informed Duke Reynard, who sighed, knowing that the Mireraweth Kingdom and the Zameth Kingdom had barely come to terms with each other.

"Alright, I'll start my way. I was hoping you could keep an eye on Mila while I am gone. I may be at the palace for some time." Duke Reynard knew that the meeting would take long since it involved two kingdoms. Duke Reynard was about to get in the carriage.

"Father!!!" He heard Mila yell, which caught his attention. He turned to look at Mila, who was carried to him by Sara.

"Mila, you should be resting right now. It's getting late." Duke Reynard held Mila in his arms and saw the stitching of the teddy bear's broken arm. Ignoring the look of it, he knew that he was going to miss her as he placed a kiss on her head. "I'll be home soon." He said with Mila nodding.

Watching her father leave, Mila felt sad that her father had to go to the palace, but the emperor needed help, and the heavy work was always too much for the emperor himself.
***
Duke Reynard was greeted by the other three dukes of the same status as him at the meeting. "Greetings, your majesty." They all welcomed the emperor, who entered the room shortly after. Knowing the emperor was known for having many concubines, which they all preferred that the emperor himself did not see their daughters.

"You all know why we called this meeting." The emperor looked at all of them with a rugged look. "The treaty between the Mireraweth kingdom and Zameth kingdom has recently come to terms, but we have to keep our treaty and promise with them." The dukes all knew that they had to or else war would wage them all and the kingdom. "We have to wed a child off to the next heir of the Zameth kingdom."

The dukes knew that they had to wed one of their children to the next heir, but they all didn't know if they were giving a daughter or son to Zameth's heir until the emperor announced it soon after. "When the time comes, then we have to wed a daughter to the heir." The dukes were all concerned since they had daughters of their own except one. "You all know that I do not have a daughter, so one of yours must be wedded to the Zameth heir." The emperor said. Seeing how the dukes all had their daughters, knowing that they all cherished and loved, he didn't want to give the heir a daughter with special abilities like them.

He didn't want to give the Zameth kingdom any advantage over them. He then recalled that Duke Reynard had a daughter born with no ability, which he was informed by one of the close servants working there. "Duke Reynard, I heard that you have a daughter that doesn't bear any abilities." Knowing that people would be executed for saying such a thing by Duke Reynard. Only the emperor would be allowed to know of such matter, which he smiled, looking to Duke Reynard.

Duke Reynard looked to the emperor, knowing that he had his mind set on his youngest daughter to be wedded to the next Zameth's heir. "Yes, she was born with no abilities. Only with my eyes she has and my symbol." Duke Reynard said, keeping his calm posture. They had to hide that Mila didn't have a symbol, or she could be believed not to be his child and demoted to maid status.

"Then, it is settled. Your daughter will be wedded to the next Zameth heir. We do not want our kingdom to be taken advantage of." The emperor had the meeting settled with Duke Reynard, instead angered that the emperor would use his daughter for the marriage. He knew that the emperor was a greedy man and very unfilial.

The emperor only had a son which they all hoped that he would rule better than his father.

21