Chapter 11
802 2 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two years later...

With time passing, Mila was already six years old, which had passed quite quickly in her head. Sara followed behind her all the time in the mansion, keeping her promise as it was and keeping a close eye on Mila. "Lady Mila, you've been getting better and better at your studies, embroidery, and swordsmanship." Sara complimented Mila, who already had experience or learned most of it in the past, so it was no surprise to her. Except for her swordsmanship, which needed a little more work since she felt as though her grip was not fully strong yet.

Walking down the halls, Mila held onto a lunch box that she had personally prepared. "Thank you! It's nothing, though. These little things are what I enjoy!" Mila had rushed ahead, seeing Emmett taking a break from sword practice. "Emmett!!! Emmett!!!" Mila ran and met him which he smiled, seeing how she was always happy to see him after finishing her studies.

When she started walking on her feet, she had nearly scared Sara to death since she was rather adventurous. Mila had stepped on her own to see Leo, who found her watching him practice his sword before he left for his schooling. "You're not being troublesome, are you?" Emmett petted Mila's head after asking her.

"What do you think I am? I'm not that troublesome!" Mila argued, knowing how immature it was for her, but she never got to express her feelings to anyone. She wanted to be herself around those who loved and cared for her.

"You never know," Emmett responded, seeing how Mila was more troublesome when she was young. He then looked to Sara, who blushed, looking away. "Have you eaten yet?"

"I was waiting for Emmett and Sara!" Mila opened the lunch box with a few sandwiches and fruits on the side. "I want to have lunch with you both!"

"Alright, let's go sit down first." Emmett had Mila sit down at the bench while he and Sara set out a sheet to sit down on. All three eating their lunches, Mila couldn't help but feel happy that she was eating with them. Back then, she recalled always eating alone. Never any company to eat with her or talk to her about anything.

'How did I not become a social child back then?' Mila thought-feeling as though she was an idiot in the past for not being more open to those around her.

"Lady Mila?" The three turned their heads to see Trivett. Mila had seen him here and there as an infant, but she never really spoke to him. He had spoken to her from time to, but it was mainly to get her to stop calling him butler.

"Hm?" Mila got off the ground after finishing her sandwich. Going over to Trivett, she hugged him as he smiled back, seeing how she would still try to hug him whenever she got the chance. Mila would hug almost anyone to be on their good side, having her confirm that they were going to avoid her path to death. "Trivett!!!!" She laughed after seeing Trivett then smiled back, looking down at her.

"Mila, don't just go around hugging everyone," Sara said. She was still, after all, an unmarried and young child. Mila just laughed and looked up to Trivett. Sara was looking out for her like a mother would.

"What does Trivett want me for?" Mila didn't know why she was being called to speak to her father in the first place.

"Your father wishes to see you. He has some matters that he wishes to speak to you about." Trivett said. It had been some time since she last saw her father, but he would still try to meet her whenever he finished his work or came back from the palace.

"Okay, I'll go see him." Following Trivett, Mila waved Emmett goodbye until she saw him again, with Sara behind Mila. "Is my father busy?" Mila asked Trivett when they reached the halls of the mansion.

"A little, but he wanted to discuss some matters with you before he missed the chance to." Trivett opened the door to her father's office as she entered inside. "Sara will meet you later outside your father's office."

"Father???" Once she entered her father's office, Mila called out. Once she had entered and seen Duke Reynard with both meeting gazes. "You asked for me." Mila went forth seeing her father at his desk.

"I did." Duke Reynard got up and went over to Mila, and he carried her, which rarely had Mila by surprise. "I wanted to tell you that you'll be seven soon. The event that every child will have their first beast is that age. Although, some do not always have their beasts at that age. You know already that you do not have a symbol, no abilities, and no elements."

Mila knew and was once again reminded that she had nothing special in her, but there was nothing wrong with it since she did not depend on elements or abilities. She didn't know how she was supposed to find a beast or show that her family was not one to be laughed at. "I'm sorry. I'm bringing such shame to the Noble Family once again." Mila hated the thought of letting her family down. Mostly, her father had raised her to the best that he could. They still didn't see any abilities or elements on the crystal every year they tested her.

"As I said before, you do not need to feel ashamed. You were just not born with it. It is the event once again, and this time it is all the Duke's turn to take their children to see if they will have any beasts that will form a contract. Or, the beast will be fought until it agrees to form the contract. Only if you have similar elements to control and share its abilities." Duke Reynard explained when Mila knew from reading about them in her spare time.

"I will go. I may not have it, but I cannot just stand idle and lose face for the Noble Family." Mila said, looking earnestly at her father. Mila only remained at home in her previous life, where they all spread rumors of her being sickly and weak and unable to form such a contract.

"You won't be alone. This event has a rule that every child from nobility has to have the royals guards to protect them. If one does not do their duty and leaves the child to be harmed or killed in the forest, then they would be executed." Duke Reynard explained which Mila didn't even know that part of the event. "Sadly, the family cannot be close to another since it is against the rule and known for cheating if the child was given a beast caught by a family of theirs."

Mila had to stick close and avoid any trouble to worry her father. "I will do my best to avoid any issues. I do not have any special elements or abilities, but I will try my best not to shame the Noble's name." Mila looked to father, not wanting to ruin their name in vain.

"Whatever you do, do not trust the royals guards of the Mireraweth Kingdom." Duke Reynard gave Mila a rugged look which she had to be sure to understand his intentions since everything he did was for her safety. Mila nodded to avoid any trouble in the future.

26