Chapter 12
781 1 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mila laid back in her bed, exhausted; she had been writing letters to Leo for the last three years. Even writing letters to ZH for the past two years, she found it quite fun to have people to send letters to, but being so far away from each other made it sad. She discovered that ZH was about her age, maybe a bit older, but he refused to give her details. Hearing the same knocking at her window, she smiled, seeing that it was Jero. "Hey, it's been a while." Mila had a handful of seeds for Jero, who gladly ate them while reading the letter.

'It will be your seventh birthday soon, which means that you'll be able to find your first beast. Do you wish to have anything that you wish for?' - ZH

Mila didn't know what to get from ZH, who was still an unknown person to her. She didn't even know if ZH was a man or woman... boy or girl. She would ask if they could meet for her birthday, but then the chances of meeting each other were probably not likely. Getting up, she went over to her desk and got a small piece of paper to write on.

'I do not know what to ask for. You should know already what I like from two years of sending letters to each other. Surprise me this year.' - Mila

Mila giggled, not knowing if ZH would understand at all what to give her. Tying the letter onto Jero's leg, she smiled while he knew what to do. Watching Jero fly off, Mila smiled, seeing how elegant he always looked.
***
ZH saw Jero return into his room, seeing a letter tied onto his leg. He went over, getting the letter and reading it. It took a while, but ZH smiled and scoffed. "Is she testing me this time?" He held his head, seeing how Mila made him guess what she liked. "Let's see what she likes." ZH had to think about everything she wanted.

[Your Highness, do you have anything particular in mind that you wish for me to retrieve for you?] Jero awaited to see if ZH wanted him to get it instead.

"No need. I have something in mind." ZH smirked to see how amusing it was.
***
"Lady Mila, are you alright?" Angela saw how Mila was in deep thoughts. Mila was snapped back to focus on her lesson. "Are you worried about the upcoming event for making a contract with your first beast?"

Mila didn't know what to say; she didn't even have one, and then she remembered that Angela didn't have any abilities or beasts. "Lady Angela, how did you avoid going to the event?"

There was a long pause, and Angela smiled, looking down. "I went but came back with nothing." Mila saw how bothered Angela was and knew not to press it too far.

"Let's continue the lesson!" Mila changed the topic and prepared for the next lesson for Angela as they both agreed.

Mila felt like her head would explode from everything she was constantly learning. The day was ending with her lessons long done for the entire day. "So tired." Mila looked to see the three orbs again floating above her. "Huh???" The green orb landed on her face, which had her struggling to get it off for her to breathe. She didn't think that it would have weight.

[She seems older now. Can we tell her?!] The green orb asked with a childish tone.

[It depends if she wants us.] The light blue orb said after with a more tough attitude.

[Let us see first if she wishes to have us and find us.] The snow color orb said very angelic-like.

Mila finally got the green orb off, which she panted heavily, feeling that her oxygen was nearly cut off. "Who are you three???" Mila said looked to only see the three glowing orbs.

[No need to be afraid of us. We are merely the beasts that have long awaited for you. We know that you were not born with the symbol or any abilities in your later life because you were not fully awakened yet.] The snow color orb said, ensuring they were not there to harm her.

"What are your names?" Mila decided to ask.

[My name is Vivian!] The green orb happily flickered her light.

[Skye.] The blue orb only said with an uncompromising attitude.

[I'm Kate. It's a pleasure to meet you finally.] The snow-colored orb was very kind from what she saw.

"How did you all know about my past?" Mila didn't understand how they would all know when she didn't even tell them.

[Your secret is safe with us. We couldn't do anything that time since your soul was still blocked like it was in a shell. We could only watch to see you suffer and die tragically. We failed to be your beasts when we should've been there for you.] Kate said, thinking they were all guilty for not saving her before.

"I don't blame you. You all couldn't reach me like now. We can finally communicate, so it's good that we all know each other, but how is it possible when I do not have a symbol to bear any abilities or elements?" Mila was confused with how she had beasts that were already waiting for her to find them.

[Don't worry. When you meet us and form a contract, then you will slowly gain your symbol little by little.] Kate didn't want Mila to misunderstand anything since it was unbelievable for a symbol to appear after forming a contract.

"Where will I meet you three?" Mila asked, seeing how they were likely to be far from each other.

[Don't worry! You'll be meeting me soon! I'll be at the event so you must find me!] Vivian exclaimed excitedly that she was going to be the first one found.

"Don't be too loud. What if someone hears you." Mila didn't think that a beast would be so loud for being a small orb.

[Don't worry. Every beast and its master are supposed to communicate with each other. Even though we have no contract, you can still only talk to us or understand us since we are bound by fate to be your beasts as you are fated to be our master.] Kate explained to Mila.

[Alright, we've spent enough time explaining. We are all waiting for you. Find us soon!] Skye said and left first with the other two, then disappeared. Mila just saw the three orbs go with her just sitting on her bed.

"The event." No matter what, Mila had to go now to find Vivian first.

26