Chapter 14
759 0 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With the week passing, Mila smiled celebrating her seventh birthday with her father, Trivett, Emmett, and Sara. She would've been happy with Leo there also, but being stuck at his school. They didn't allow him to leave from his studies, but she had heard that he made an actual friend who was also a son of another Duke.

Mila smiled with the sweet cakes she had gotten to eat. Knowing that her stomach couldn't eat another bite as she laid back on her bed to let the food digest. Hearing her window with a few scratching, she got up to see Jero once again. "Jero!" Mila got up and rushed to the window excited to know what ZH had gotten for her. Laying a bit of bird seeds close by, she saw a small basket which she gladly took.

Removing the cloth, she smiled seeing how there were little sweets inside. At the center of it all, she saw a small hair pin which had a purple pearl on it. It looked to be matching her hair color a bit but a little darker. She smiled seeing how ZH knew a bit more about her than she expected. The sweets were good but having to finish it all was going to stuff her. Putting the hair pin on, she smiled and looked to Jero. She started writing rather than telling Jero to pass along the message.

'Thank you for your gift! I love it a lot! I hope that one day we will be able to meet face to face. What do you want for your birthday?' - Mila

Mila had never asked about their birthday which made her feel like a terrible friend for not asking. Her very first friend and they could perhaps be a beast friend of hers and she didn't even know their birthday.

Tying the letter on, she waved Jero off and smiled hoping that she would get an answer back. Mila remembered being born on the end of the fall. Where the leaves had fallen to the last with the snow starting to fall. Looking out to the window, she stood at the balcony and smiled seeing how it looked with snow coming down.

The event would be after winter ended which would be three to four months from now. 'What am I going to do? How am I going to find them?' Mila didn't know how she was going to look for them all. Vivian, Kate, and Skye who were her beasts but being so young still. She had only limited things to do what she can.

Within the time, Mila had her usual routine with studying and her swordsmanship. Improving little by little, Mila felt as though she had made the correct move in this lifetime. Sitting down, she was reading about the history of the Mireraweth kingdom. She had remembered most of its history but found that she may have been still missing a little knowledge about it.

Her eyes landed on something particular which involved the curse on this kingdom. "Lady Angela?" Mila looked up to catch Angela's attention who was reading to her about the history.

"Yes?"

"What's with the curse? How did it all begin?" Mila asked. No one would be punished for asking about the curse. The story was usually told in a scarier way to children to help them remember it.

"The curse was bestowed long ago when this kingdom was first built. It was placed on this kingdom since the emperor from five generations ago who had committed a great sin. He had killed his heir who he despised believing that he wasn't firstbornborn blood. His wife who was his concubine had been enraged and found herself to use dark magic. She cast a spell onto this kingdom that forbid any child of nobility to die. If a child of nobility were to die then misfortune will befall the kingdom. The emperor who had murdered his son fell into misfortunes as he was killed by his people with his head hung for the gods to witness. His second son had taken over and placed the law that no child of nobility should be killed or else they would be killed the same way like his father."

Mila listened not even knowing that part of the history. "What about his concubine that had created the curse?"

"No one knows. They say that she may have just gone crazy after performing such act. No one has seen her since. We have five kingdoms and each of those kingdoms come with a curse bound to it. There's a legend that one day there would be a child born to break one curse, but everyone has yet to wait for that time and see which curse the child would choose to break." Angela finished.

Mila didn't know that such a story existed. She was more curious as to why the past emperor would think that his concubine would have an adulterous affair with another man. There were always two sides of the story from both sides.

Once she had finished her lessons, she was outside training with her sword like she would on any other day. Being the only daughter who had swordsmanship, her older sisters always taunted her. "Swordsmanship is not for women." Vita had walked forth with Elsie behind her. "It's very unwomanly of you to have such a lesson." Vita once again wanted to mess with Mila.

"I like the sword. It's very nice and the way it has a clicking sound when walking with it on your side. It also makes me feel stronger." Mila of course had to still act childish towards them to keep her suspicion off.

"Your quite stupid to be honest. You never seem to see that those with the nobility symbols and abilities are all you need to fight." Vita said laughing while Mila just stared blankly.

Inside, Mila was angrily seeing how Vita was quite stupid herself for thinking that abilities and powers are all they need to fight. 'We'll see in the future who wins.' Mila evilly smiled inside just waiting to have her chance.

"My Lady! Your mothers are calling for you both!" Vita and Elsie's personal maid had come rushing in which Mila found it as a good timing. If she were stuck with them both for any longer she would've just wanted to puke to get out of it.

"Hmph!" Vita took one last glance at Mila and walked off to meet her mother.

Mila sighed and had gotten better at what she could sense. "Sir Emmett, you don't have to hide." Mila had grown more and had learnt to address people in certain titles.

"Lady Mila, you've grown more accustomed to my presence. It seems as though you were the only one who detected me here. I congratulate you." Emmett smiled seeing how only Mila saw him unlike her two older sisters who didn't even have a single clue.

25