Chapter 16
739 0 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arriving at the event, the forest was huge which would spread across the entire continent that was a part of Mireraweth kingdom. Sara could only remain at the carriage and wait for them all to return since maids were not a part of the royal family. Everyone watched as the four dukes and their families all arrived greeting the emperor and empress. "Greetings, your majesty."

They all greeted the emperor and empress who sat before them all at their throne. "This event shall be for the Dukes and their family this time around. As you all know, no child is allowed to be with each other. They cannot claim the same beast. This event is always held for noble children. Any child that does not come back with a beast will not be able to participate in the next event for their next beast. I hope you all understand that." The emperor explained just slightly for everyone at the event.

Everyone all understood and knew the rest of the rules. "Now that the rules have been said out. The royals guards from the palace shall escort each child. As they know if a child is left alone and killed then the punishment is death. No exceptions." The empress said with the royal guards all shaking with fear of knowing the rules each time the event is held. "Lastly, our crown prince will also be joining this event, Prince Leroy."

Walking forth from the center, everyone saw the crown prince with his orange-yellow hair and indigo eyes. Mila could tell that he was handsome with Vita and Elsie stealing glances at him. Mila refused to look anymore at him since she didn't want to be involved with the palace harem. She knew of the crown prince's future which she preferred not to speak of it when it brought a lot of bad memories when he ruled during those harsh times.
***
Prince Leroy looked to see that the Dukes all had children with their daughters joining the event. He knew that they would be taking glances at him which he wasn't fond of. He thought of women all the same that they only wished to be empress alongside him. He refused to have an empress by his side since he found it rather bothersome if he had one. His eyes then landed on one girl who did not even take glances at him.

This was the first time he had ever seen her. Her silky violet hair with her dark cyan eyes matching Duke Reynard. He then glanced away knowing that he was still at the center of attention. Prince Leroy stood in front of his father and mother who were proud of him and being their only child to rule after. "Greetings, Father. Greetings, Mother."

"Before our son heads off to battle between Mireraweth kingdom and Gririth kingdom. He will find his next companion in this battle." The emperor announced feeling confident that they would win the battle.
***
'They will win.' Mila said to herself knowing that from past experience. 'The crown prince thought of a strategy even though he fought from the desert terrain, he knew how to out think Gririth kingdom and have them surrender. Not only that, their emperor died all of a suddenly which his son soon took the throne after.' Mila then looked aside to see an empty space where the Duke family with the surname Graves was. 'Duke Garrick has two sons, but why is there only one here?'

"Every child now has to enter their carriages!" The event was now starting until the sun went down. Mila was sent to a carriage where there were royals guards with her. Being given her sword from the beginning, she had to keep herself on guard. Watching her father slowly shrink from the moving carriage.

Mila watched as every carriage separated from one another like hunting canines. Sensing that Emmett is close, Mila sat down having to disappoint the royal knights that she had nothing to gain in the end. Traveling for some time, Mila knew that they needed to stop sooner due to some matters. "Stop the carriage!" Mila just said out and sighed seeing how they were getting nowhere.

"Lady Mila, is something wrong?" The royal knights have heard of the rumors that were secretly told to them about Mila.

"You all can stay here. I won't be long." Mila got out of the carriage and walked forth into the forest.

"Lady Mila?! We cannot abandon our duty! The-"

"Punishment is death. I know. Don't worry. I won't endanger your lives." Mila said with a serious expression and continued walking into the forest. "Just stay there! I will return soon!" Mila didn't want the royal knights to be worried, but she had her reasons to wonder alone. She wanted to be able to find her own beast by herself, but there was another reason.

"Lady Mila, why did you want them to not follow you? The more there are then the safer you are since the forest is not a safe place to be alone in." Emmett pointed out, but Mila had an unsettling feeling when she first entered into her carriage.

"Sir Emmett, are there times when you feel like something isn't right?" Mila said continuing to walk with Emmett behind her.

Emmett then had a quick thought that maybe she was in danger. "Lady Mila could there be..."

"Yes, I noticed it when I first got into the carriage." Mila then hid with Emmett still as a shadow and following close to her. "One of the Royal guards is a fake." Mila and Emmett had noticed one royal guard then summon an uncommon beast that most would not have, Three Headed Poison Cobra. "A plant element." Mila and Emmett knew that they couldn't stay close and with the carriage being damaged with the royals guards all summoning their beasts which were no match for the Three Headed Poison Cobra. "Sir Emmett, save those royals guards. They may judge me for how different I am, but somewhere out there they have a family like me."

Emmett didn't think that Mila would be so concerned for the royals guards who were supposed to protect her. "Alright, stay here." Emmett has summoned his beast which was a Bat Winged Shadow Wallaby. "Knight!"

Charging forth, Mila knew that only Emmett could match up to the cobra since he had more of a rare ability or element. Watching closely at the battle, Mila heard a ringing with the sound of vines that sounded like they were growing or wrapping somewhere.

She gasped to turn around and see nothing. 'What was that sound?' She thought seeing a few small green lights that were leading her somewhere. 'Could it be? Vivian!' Following the glowing green light further into the forest.

24