Chapter 17
710 0 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mila was nearly out of breath and following the green light. She didn't notice until it was too late when she had tumbled falling into a cave. "O-O-Ouch." She felt her body ache and likely bruised, but she looked to see a cave full of green crystals. Standing up, she still saw the glowing green light still waiting for her. "Where are you taking me?" She asked, but the light only had her follow it before it disappeared in front of her.

Going further into the cave, she saw the green light go into a hidden side of the cave. The vines were grown very closely and tightly to another which she slipped inside and was the right size to fit. 'This is when I'm glad I am still a child.' Mila went forth to see more glowing green crystals when her eyes than landed on an egg which looked to have a green glow with a butterfly mark at the center. 'An egg?'

Going closer to it, Mila gently placed her hand onto it. Seeing it glow more and more, she saw the green light then travel from her hand and all the way to her back. She couldn't see it, but a symbol of a feather appeared on the back of her neck just barely visible.

[Master! You've found me!] Hearing Vivian's voice, Mila was a bit shocked and took a breath to calm down. [Don't worry! I will hatch soon! Just not yet though! I'll come out once I am done storing enough mana since you are still too young to have enough mana for me to come out!]

Seeing the egg then slowly turn into tiny bits and go into Mila, leaving no trace after. "Vivian?" Mila didn't know where Vivian was now.

[Don't worry Master! I am currently resting inside you. I can only speak to you in our thoughts so don't worry! I'm here!] Vivian was a very happy-go-lucky beast which made Mila hope she wasn't going to always be like that the entire time.

"Time for me to get out of here." Mila started her way out of the cave. Once she made it out, the ground shook which nearly had Mila on the ground. Seeing thunder being stuck down, she knew that there was a battle happening between a beast and noble.

Making her way there, she saw Prince Leroy battling a rare Thunder Eagle. With its size being twice the size of a carriage. Prince Leroy fell down with his sword far from his reach. Mila acted on her own running close and yelled, "Catch!!!"

Prince Leroy saw her running towards him as he saw her throw her small sword to him. Knowing that it was his best chance, he grabbed it and went forth having his first beast create rock boulders surrounding the Thunder Eagle as he struck forth.

Pinning the Thunder Eagle down with the boulders on its wings with the sword lunged into the eagle's neck, but not far enough to kill it yet. "Be my beast or die here. What will it be?" The Thunder Eagle paused for some time lowly screeched and a yellow light forming which was then absorbed into Prince Leroy. Indicating that it had surrendered and formed their contract.

Prince Leroy sighed, looking at the small sword that had actually worked. The sword had the symbol of a feather which only belonged to the Noble Family. He turned to see the little girl that saved him. Going over to her, he handed her sword back to her. "Thank you." Mila received her sword back that was given to her by her father and placed it back in its sheath. 'Thank goodness it didn't break!' Mila didn't want to think about what would happen if her sword broke.

"No, thank you. If you didn't show up then I would've lost my life before I travel to Gririth Kingdom." Prince Leroy had then looked around to see that she was alone. "What is your name?" He asked looking down to the little girl who stood alone.

"I'm sorry for my manners. My name is Mila Noble. It's a pleasure to do my duty and save the Crown Prince." Mila said bowing to him. Although, she knew that she could have left him to die, but the consequences would be harsh.

"No need. Why are you here alone?"

'Shit!' Mila didn't know, but she had to think of a good excuse. "My royal knights had faced an issue which led me to travel on my own for the time. What about you, your highness?" Mila saw that he was also alone.

"My royal knights were also in the same situation. It seems as though us both are by ourselves. Let us head back to find the main location." Prince Leroy went ahead first with Mila following behind. "May I ask something else?"

Mila looked forth to see Prince Leroy who never seemed to smile much but would want to ask her something. "Sure."

"Why would you come here when the rumors speak so ill of you?" Prince Leroy didn't understand why she wanted to make the rumors come true that she was a child born of no ability and element.

"Hmph, sometimes you just need to prove something." Mila said which Prince Leroy looked to see Mila who only held an innocent smile, but he held a bit of concern with what she said.

They stopped to feel yet another ground shaking event. Mila didn't know why, but she had to find out once again. "Hey!" Ignoring Prince Leroy who then went running after her.

Making it to the scene, she saw a child wearing a cloak and mask hiding their entire body from head to toe. They were fighting with a Psychic Mayfly known to use it's crystal spike tail to kill anyone approaching it. Along with its size just about the same as the Thunder Eagle. Seeing the child dodge it's tail, Mila had then noticed that the mayfly's spike on its tail was going to shoot out once the child jumped up.

"Don't jump!!!!" Mila cried out with the child then turning to her for a mere second and then dodged the tail again with the spikes coming out to shoot where they would have jumped. The child had taken a look at Mila and moved their head down slightly to thank her as they continued fighting with the beast.

"Duke Garrick's second son. What is he doing here?" Prince Leroy asked standing next to Mila who was wondering about Duke Garrick's second son before.

'So that's Duke Garrick's second son, Ambrose Graves.' Mila thought rarely knowing his origin since he was barely spoken about in her first life.

23