Chapter 18
716 0 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mila knew that he wasn't really spoken about in her last life when he reached sixteen. 'They say he was born with a birthmark that took up half of his face and he was even born with no hair. Including, he was born a mute, so many have never heard his voice nor seen his face. They even say that in the past he died due to being sent off to war by the king now since they would have a war with Maedda kingdom. He was sent to war when he just turned sixteen. It would be good to befriend him then and have him remembered somehow.' Mila reminded herself knowing that she needed all the people she could get, but she also felt pity that he would die in the future at such a young age.

Watching Ambrose defeat the Mayfly not long after, he didn't need to speak to it since it already knew the rules. If defeated, death or alliance. The Psychic Crystal Mayfly did the same as the Thunder Eagle did allow itself to fully be a part of its new master.

Mila ran forth over to Ambrose who no one could obviously see his expression to anything. "Nice battle!" Mila said giving him the thumbs up while Ambrose only stood there looking at the short little girl in front of him. "Sorry! My name is Mila Noble. Nice to meet you, Lord Ambrose!" Mila said with Prince Leroy going up to them both.

Ambrose only greeted them both and bowed alongside them. "You don't have any royal knights with you?" Prince Leroy could see that all of them had no royal knights. Ambrose shook his head 'no' which they could already tell. "Let's continue going back. Maybe, we'll meet at least another carriage that can give us a hand." Prince Leroy led first with Ambrose allowing Mila to follow ahead to be in between the two boys while she was safe in the middle.
***
Emmett had killed the imposter who had impersonated being a royal guard with half of the rest of the royal guards still alive. He was stuck now trying to find Mila. "Lady Mila! Lady Mila! All of you help me find her! If you don't then you know the punishment!"

"Yes Sir!" The royal knights followed close to Emmett who was worried about Mila. He didn't want to see Mila somewhere mauled or dead.

'Lady Mila! Please be safe!' Emmett had every royal guard searching for her.
***
"Not a single carriage in sight. Just great." Prince Leroy said with him and Mila sitting down on the ground.

"Yeah, my legs can't even go on anymore." Mila sat down exhausted that they had been traveling with the sun still up. Ambrose just stood on his feet like it was nothing and no big deal. "Your not tired Lord Ambrose?" Mila didn't understand how someone like him could've died in her last life in battle if he was that strong.

Seeing him shake his head that he of course wasn't tired. "..." Seeing how quiet he was, Mila just left it be.

"When do you think we will reach the main location?" Mila asked Prince Leroy who got up once again and looked forth into the jungle.

"Maybe, by sun down."

"That long?!" Mila stood up immediately but nearly fell down when both Prince Leroy and Ambrose took her by both of her hands. Standing back on her feet and letting their hands go, she felt clumsy with her feet and legs that gave out on her with the sudden will to stand. "Thank you. Are you sure?" Mila looked back to Prince Leroy who wasn't quite sure, but it was highly true that they would reach by sun down.

"Let's keep going." Prince Leroy had the younger ones behind him while they went forth. If they didn't reach the main location when the event ended then they would have to sleep in the forest for the night until they could travel again in the morning.

'I could use the whistle, but with both Prince Leroy and Ambrose here then I can't use it. They would think that I was cheating by using the help of someone else's beast.' Mila thought knowing that she had to be careful with what she did.
***
Emmett had to return with the royal knights since the sun had gone down. Emmett couldn't appear since he was not a part of the knights and would be found breaking the rule. "What do you mean you can't find the crown prince?!" Every single child had returned besides three.

The emperor and empress were angered about their own child more than the rest since they only had one child. "If you don't find him then you all will be beheaded! If he is dead by morning then we will all have your families killed along with you!" The empress was the most angered with the royal guards all leaving to search. No one had ever seen such a thing happen at such an event before.

Duke Reynard couldn't leave but he had Leo sent instead. Leo had met secretly with Emmett who had a tense look and bowed. "It's my fault for not being close to her. I will accept any punishments if she is not found in the morning." Emmett was going to blame himself for the rest of his life if he couldn't find Mila.

"She is still alive. She isn't a naive girl. Let us have a secret search." Leo had Emmett follow after him while both left to search for Mila and perhaps the other two children if they could find them.
***
"We have to stay here for the night. It's close to food and water. I'll start a fire." Prince Leroy said gathering wood with Mila and Ambrose standing nearby.

"You have the fire element?" Mila asked not remembering if Prince Leroy had fire or not.

"No, I don't. I just simply know how to start a fire like any other who doesn't have the ability or element." Prince Leroy just said. Mila had her mouth like an O and moved along to see the little pond that they were at. Looking into the water, she smiled to see glowing little Bubble Fish that would pop when they get startled and form again by the water element itself.

Ambrose sat on a boulder facing the pond but he was looking at Mila who was amazed by something so little. Mila caught him looking at her which she smiled looking to him. "I'm going to dip my feet!" Mila took off her shoes and pulled up the bottom part of her pants a bit to her knees.

22