Chapter 19
731 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mila smiled feeling the cold water on her feet which felt nice after a long walk. "You should try it!" Mila looked to Ambrose who just stared down at her, giving her no idea what he could be telling her from behind the mask. "Come on!" She went over and took his hand and dragged him down. He was just pulled into the water with his shoes and pants not even rolled up to avoid getting wet. "Whoops..." Mila gave a nervous look and saw Prince Leroy still starting the fire while there was an awkward silence between the two. "...Sorry." Ambrose then pointed to Mila's leg which she didn't even notice that her scar could be seen. "This old thing? Don't worry about it. One day, I'll tell you." Mila smiled towards him and started splashing water towards Ambrose who took some time and started splashing water back at her.

Prince Leroy had the fire finally started as he heard Mila screaming in joy. He turned to see both young children playing with each other at the little pond that they camped at. He couldn't help, but smile to see Mila happy. 'Strange how such a young child like herself could start a little water war with the stiff and unknown Duke Garrick's son.' He thought and kept looking at Mila to know that she could be a beauty in the future. 'Stop thinking of that! You do not wish to become like your father!' Prince Leroy didn't want to think about having another woman by his side to love or be his empress. He went out to find something for them to eat for the night.

Mila just smiled after the fun as both her and Ambrose laid on the ground where they saw the entire sky. "That was fun! We have to do that again another time!" Mila didn't think that her and Ambrose would really start a water battle. Looking to the sky, Mila couldn't help but think about how worried her father and brother were. "They’re probably worried about me."

Ambrose turned to look at Mila again, seeing how she held worry and concern for others. Ambrose took her hand and started writing. 'Who?'

"My father and Leo. They are my closest family, and they really care about me. More than my own mother ever did." Mila couldn't help recalling the time her mother wanted to kill her. "My mother thought that it would be better if I was a boy, but apparently things didn't go as she planned."

'Do you hate her?' Ambrose wrote on her palm which Mila smiled shaking her head.

"You can't really hate your own mother who gave birth to you, but it was more like she just didn't want me in the first place unless I was useful. Maybe, if she made an effort to know me then we could've been happy." Mila felt strange with Ambrose just around with her. 'Why am I talking to him like we've known each other for a long time.'

"Hey! I got something for us to fill our stomachs with!" Prince Leroy came back with a dead bird in his hand that was meant for livestock use.

"Let's go!" Mila took Ambrose by the hand and dragged him along to the fire with the food.

Eating that night, they all slept close by to another laying on Ambrose's cloak which was small while they used Prince Leroy's cloak as a blanket. Mila smiled in her sleep dreaming about her father and Leo.
***
Leo and Emmett searched to find nothing. Being in the forest, as big as it was they hated how it spreads far to the end of their kingdom's territory. "Where could they have stayed for the night?" Leo sighed rubbing his sleepiness away.

"Lord Leo, you can rest. I'll keep having a look." Emmett didn't want to have Leo continue to look, and he was still young and needed rest.

"It's fine. She's my little sister. I can't leave her alone." Leo and Emmett continued their search for the night until morning rolled around to make it easier on them all.

Feeling the ground shake, they ran forth believing that it could be Mila. Without a doubt, it was Mila with the crown prince and Duke Garrick's second son.
***
Mila was the first to get up, seeing both boys still asleep. She went back to the water and started washing her face. Looking down to see her reflection, she sighed seeing how she had her mother's hair but her father's eyes.

Using the water, she had her hair soaked back down from showing any bed hair. While she was doing that, she noticed the back of her neck. 'The Noble's symbol!' Shocked, she didn't want to yell out since the two boys were still asleep. She knew that she couldn't have this seen by anyone since they knew that she didn't have a symbol or abilities.

Moving her hair to hide her barely visible symbol, she wanted to avoid being pushed further into the bloody political law of the kingdom that could use her for their own greed. Looking back to the water, she noticed a woman's reflection in it or so she thought.

Bring grabbed unexpectedly from the water, it was a siren that was known to use water sources as its home. Mila took out her sword trying to pull herself back from getting dragged into the water. The siren bit onto her forearm as she screamed. Prince Leroy and Ambrose awoke to her scream.

Trying to slice the siren, it flinched releasing her forearm seeing her forearm bleed. The siren had avoided her sword in an instant when it saw her other free limb. Mila fell back on the ground into Prince Leroy's arms while Ambrose tossed a crystal which formed in his hand which and had tossed injuring the siren. 'His new power was given to him.' Mila knew that the power he used was from the Psychic Crystal Mayfly, but it usually took about an entire day for their powers to fully be used.

"Are you okay?" Prince Leroy had Mila sit down. Ambrose went up to Mila also seeing how she was bleeding from her forearm. "This is bad." Mila then saw her blood turning a bit dark blue. "The siren had poison on it's fangs. We need to get you to a doctor!" Prince Leroy said, but Ambrose took ahold of Mila's forearm.

Moving his mask just slightly to have his lower face shown which was only his mouth. Mila saw birthmarkmark slightly which was on one side of his lower face like a scar. She flinched seeing Ambrose suck some of her blood out with the poison and then spit to the side.

17