Chapter 22
704 4 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Everyone in the mansion woke up to hear Mila's scream that went on for a few seconds. Jero chirped nearly falling down the edge of the balcony that he sat on. Sara and Emmett fell out of the chair and couch that they laid on. Leo and Duke Reynard both rushed into Mila's room, slamming the doors open to see her looking at herself in the mirror.

"Mila, calm down. Let us explain." Leo was worried that Mila would go into a rage and start throwing things like Vita would.

"Oh... my... god." Mila saw more clearly on her left side of the face with the blue scar vine being half her small hand size.

"Mila..." Duke Reynard was about to try and comfort her.

"This looks so cool!!!!!" Mila exclaimed jumping up with a happy face.

Everyone just had their mouths open and dumbfounded. "Did I just hear my lady, correctly?" Sara said worriedly thinking that she was hallucinating or still in a dream.

"Yes, you did." Emmett was even shocked with everyone just feeling the same. He didn't think that his lady would be so accepting of such a scar.

"What?" Leo and Duke Reynard said at the same time and astonished with what they heard from Mila.

"Mila, what did you just say?" Duke Reynard went closer to look at Mila as he saw her bright smile.

"This scar is cool!!!! It's even pretty!!!!" Mila wasn't lying as everyone could easily tell with her happy expression and tone to it.

"Mila, your not mad or upset?" Leo went close also seeing if Mila was still sane or not.

"Why would I be mad?! Father said before that a scar holds a story and a trophy! It's not something to be ashamed of! This scar is my story and my trophy! Right, father?!" Mila looked to Duke Reynard who just couldn't help but hug Mila thinking that she would be so mad at him for the scar that appeared on her face.

"Yes, that's right." Duke Reynard said with everyone smiling to see that Mila wasn't angry with them. Leo didn't think that Mila would be thinking of the scar as 'cool'.
***
Jero was at the window and flew off once he got the information that ZH wanted to hear. [Your highness! Your highness!] He flew hitting the desk while ZH was signing papers which scattered all over the ground. [Your highness! Your highne-!]

"What? I heard you all the way from my mansion gates." ZH was a bit annoyed with the beast that was calling out to him.

[She was happy!!!!] Jero exclaimed with shock.

"What? Are you sure you're not hallucinating after that impact with my desk?" ZH eyed his beast who clearly was making him annoyed with his loud tone.

[Yes! She said it was like a story to tell and that it was her trophy!] Jero was going on and was shushed again by ZH. ZH held his beak down from speaking anymore.

"What a strange girl she is." ZH wrote a letter and tied it onto Jero's leg to send to Mila. "Have her read this. I will be waiting." He smiled seeing Jero fly off. 'What a really strange girl.'
***
"Father, where are all the royal guards?" Mila asked looking to them all.

"They are currently at our training grounds awaiting for their punishments. Also, they are no longer royal guards." Leo said looking upset that she mentioned them since they didn't even do their job.

"It's not their fault! Don't kill them! They were trying to protect me! Sir Emmett, remember there was a fake royal guard!" Mila said looking to Emmett who nodded knowing that it was true.

"What? You didn't tell us?" Duke Reynard looked to Mila who didn't even have the time to say it or mention it to them. 'A fake royal guard? Who could be behind this?'

"They are waiting for your punishment." Leo looked to Mila who looked to Leo. She was glad that they didn't get killed yet.

"How many are there?" Mila asked looking to Leo to see how many knights there were.

"In total, there are eighteen royal knights who were demoted and are no longer allowed to work at the palace." Leo said.

'This is perfect. I need all the support I can get in the future with these knights.' Mila figured they would be good for her father and brother in the future of crisis. "Let me get ready to meet them all." Mila had everyone leave while Sara dressed Mila up. Forgetting, Sara gasped to see the Noble's symbol on Mila very faintly.

"My lady!"

Mila had covered her mouth and shushed her. "Sara don't say anything okay! I rather not start having rumors spread to say that I've been lying. I never even found a beast at the event so I can't even go again. Please, don't tell anyone. Not even father or Leo." Mila was entrusting Sara with the secret since she didn't want to be involved with future problems.

Sara nodded but she didn't understand why Mila would want her to hide such a good news. Making sure her hair covered it, they even added a choker ribbon around her neck to hide it.

Going out, Mila saw that everyone was already waiting for her. "I'm ready!" Duke Reynard took Mila as they held hands with Leo on her other side. Mila wasn't afraid to have her face be seen with a scar. She didn't mind since she could avoid any future marriage proposals.

Going forth, all the knights were waiting as they only saw her right side of the face. Once she went to the center, she turned to have them all see the scar on her left side of the face. They all gasped thinking that they would surely be facing death now. "Lady Mila, please forgive our mistake! We are prepared for any punishments that you give us!"

All of the knights got on their knee and kept their faces down. Mila knew that they would feel that way when they saw her face. "Your punishment shall be your loyalty to me!" The knights all looked up and shocked to the little girl who didn't give them death. "I know that all of you may have families, lovers, or even friends. You all have trained hard to reach where you are now. I will give you this chance to stay and be knights here for my father and my brother, Leo Noble and Duke Reynard Noble. If you do not wish to work here then you may leave and be with your families or friends. I will not stop you."

Mila had shocked them all even her father and brother who stood amazed at her words. "I am willing to give my loyalty and life for Lady Mila!" One knight said which shocked Mila and going on after more and more knights started saying it.

"Me too!"

"Me as well!!!"

"Lady Mila has shown us mercy with her kind heart and generosity!!!!"

"We shall forever obey and follow you until death!!!"

Mila didn't think that it would work but all eighteen knights stuck around and were given a new task in the Noble's mansion.

19