Chapter 24
704 0 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Your highness, aren't you busy?" Mila asked seeing how he would just show up at her home out of nowhere.

"I can make time for myself. Your face..." Prince Leroy was about to touch her left side of the face when Ambrose stopped him since he was a much older fellow among them. Along with both being unmarried then it made it rather strange for him to do that.

"Prince Leroy? Lord Ambrose?" Duke Reynard entered the garden to see both gentlemen there and mainly there for his daughter. Ambrose has released Prince Leroy's hand that nearly went ahead touching Mila's cheek. 'What are both of these gentlemen here for?' Duke Reynard didn't understand why they would want to visit his daughter.

"Father?!" Mila smiled running up and hugging him which she could only reach half his height and stare up to him.

"Mila, how are feeling?" Duke Reynard rubbed her head and smiled looking down to his youngest daughter who he always kept an eye on.

"I'm fine. I thought you were busy with your paperwork?" Mila didn't understand why her father would be at the garden.

'I heard that two men came to see you. So, I took the liberty to come here by myself to see these gentlemen. I just didn't think it would be Duke Garrick's second son and the crown prince.' Duke Reynard didn't want the two to be too attached to Mila since he figured that they would cause trouble for Mila in the future. "I finished just in time. What brings these two gentlemen here?"

"They came to see how I was since we have been in a lot of battles recently in the forest." Mila smiled holding her father's hand, feeling nothing but her fatherly love.

Duke Reynard looked to the crown prince who didn't even have a single thing to say while he knew of Ambrose's condition already. "I see that you both were worried for my daughter, but please do not worry. She is in good care and she is getting better by the day." Duke Reynard didn't want the two gentlemen to be too attached since Mila would be facing something in the future that both wouldn't be able to stop.

"Father, it's fine. We are all friends." Mila smiled going to them and dragging her father along to join them. They all ate around the table with Emmett watching from the shadows while Sara awaited to be called when she was.

"Your Grace, what happened to all of those knights who were given to you for punishments?" Prince Leroy asked which Duke Reynard was not the one who punished them.

"I didn't punish them. My daughter did." Duke Reynard smiled looking down to Mila who remembered their time celebrating with the entire knights after settling a few things.

"What did you do with them?" Prince Leroy was curious with what Mila did to the troop who were no longer apart of the royal knights of the palace.

"Nothing, they work for us now. They are all my comrades and friends!" Mila smiled jumping off her chair, taking out her sword. "Now, I can have more people to train with!" Mila puffed her chest out with a confident smile for her swordsmanship.

"Why would you not punish them?" Prince Leroy didn't understand why she didn't just behead them like most would do when their knights could not protect them. Mostly, when she had a scarred face for her entire life.

Mila turned to look back and smiled to Prince Leroy knowing that he would say those words to her. "I don't blame them." Mila knew to not blame them since they were only doing their job but it was hard for them since she was being targeted by someone. Prince Leroy didn't think that Mila would be so forgiving to the knights. "I'm going to see the knights right now! Sara prepare some snacks!" Mila ran off ahead with Ambrose and Sara following behind her. Emmett hiding within the shadows followed after his lady to keep his promise.

"Mila..." Duke Reynard sighed seeing how she was still young so he figured it would be best to let her energy drain first while she was still young.

"I will also go and see to them also. Excuse me, Your Grace." Prince Leroy left following the two younger children who left.

"Trivett?" Duke Reynard called his butler who appeared from smoke figure.

"Yes, Your Grace?" Trivett bowed waiting for his words.

"Keep an eye on those children. Don't let them get hurt and make sure that nothing happens to Mila." Duke Reynard held his head in annoyance that the two young gentlemen would be following his youngest daughter.

Trivett also knew that Duke Reynard was still protective of his daughter but he couldn't help it. Smiling behind Duke Reynard's back, he knew Duke Reynard was worried for her.

"As you wish." Trivett left going to the training grounds where most of the knights were.

"I guess it's time to finish those paperwork." Duke Reynard had lied about finishing them to Mila but he hated the thought of her being with other boys mostly when one of them was the crown prince.
***
"Lady Mila!"

"She's back!"

"Why are you here?!"

The knights all greeted Mila who laughed and smiled towards them all. "I brought you all snacks!"

"Lady Mila, you always come here to give us snacks. You spoil us too much." The knights all agreed since they had gotten to know her well within the past few weeks which they grew closer to her.

"You are all my friends and comrades so I appreciate all of your help with the mansion when you all only have your duties." Mila stood at the center of them all while they just couldn't stop thinking of her as an angel from the heavens. "Have you been training at least with your beasts?!" Mila had seen them battle which she loved how they all sparred with one another in a friendly way.

"Lady Mila, I'd like to show you that I've beaten this guy here!"

"No, you haven't! Let's see this time!"

Two knights started bursting with their elements which were glowing between them. Knights only usually had one ability or element which was why they only had the knight status and duty.

"Who will win?!" Mila said out of excitement hoping for a friendly match again. "Don't kill each other! If you do, then I won't be your friend anymore!" Mila yelled out which every knight once again looked at her in awe with just how adorable she was.

"We won't!"

"We promise!"

Both knights were sparring while Mila watched, but she didn't notice that Prince Leroy and Ambrose were looking down at her. They didn't think that she would be very unladylike but that was what caught their attention with her.

"Duke Reynard will not be happy if he saw this." Trivett said smiling and leaving against a tree while Emmett smiled knowing the same fact about it.

"He'll have to learn to let her go." Emmett responded back knowing that a father had to let their child go one day.
***
"Achoo!"

In Duke Reynard's office, he sneezed which he never usually did. Leo was sitting at one of the couches and looking over the paperwork since he was going to be Duke one day and just reviewing the papers.

"Father, are you feeling alright?" Leo asked.

"I'm fine." Duke Reynard sneezed once more not knowing why.

19