Chapter 26
645 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Three years later...

Mila ran forth sparring with four knights who all surrounded her from each side. Obviously, none of them were able to use their beasts on her since she had none which would make it an unfair fight. For Mila, it was all on strength and logic with how she would get out of their fight or find their weak spot.

Fighting with four knights, Mila saw them all coming at her from all corners. Jumping up, she had them all clash another as she then got behind them all hitting them with her sword in a blink of an eye. "You all lose." Mila said smiling. They all knew a hit from her sword already meant that they were dead in the spar.

"Again!"

"How does my lady keep winning?!"

"Ahh! More training for us!"

"Your swordsmanship has improved very greatly within the three years."

Mila smiled seeing how all of the knights were very kind but they took her seriously in the spar. They would always tell her some of the things did wrong when using her sword with either holding or gripping it. With all of their help, she managed to look through the ways that they fought and look into their weakness in another way. "You all did great also! I hope that you all will continue to work well with me!" Mila smiled with the knights all surrounding her with joy to know that their little lady was not dependant on element or abilities.

"Lady Mila! Lady Mila!" Sara was calling Mila who turned to see Sara with Ambrose walking beside her.

"Ambrose!!!!" Mila ran hugging him, he'd grown much taller over the time but still with his mask and cloak on.

"My lady!!!!! Don't keep hugging random men!!! It's not appropriate!!!" The knights all said from behind her. Mila turned to them and giggled seeing how they worried for her.

Mila had spent some time with Ambrose and Prince Leroy but Prince Leroy had to leave for war not long after his visit three years ago. He had been gone from Mireraweth kingdom for three years which Mila already knew. 'Prince Leroy should return tomorrow with victory. He will return with the Gririth Kingdom's Princess who was is his first concubine. Proving to his father that he will be a great ruler.' Mila didn't want to think too much about it. 'Bringing a woman from another kingdom does not prove ones victory.'

Ambrose was silently sitting down next to her eating his sweet tart that Sara had brought for them both. Mila only saw his birthmark that was running down from his cheek to his chin. The birthmark being the color brownish-grey that laid onto his skin. Seeing Ambrose eat but he didn't notice the tart had smeared onto the side of his mouth. Mila giggled and grabbed her napkin on the table. Wiping the side of his mouth, his cheeks turned red being barely seen with the knights all clenching their jaws looking at Mila do that.

"All of you calm down! Mila is just being nice!" Sara said hissing at the knights who obviously couldn't let their lady go. 'All of you need to learn to let her go. She is growing up.' Sara thought and felt a hand hold her shoulder. Turning around, she saw Emmett who smiled looking down at her.

"That's true, how have you been?" Emmett decided to talk to Sara with the free time they had.

Mila kept her eyes on Ambrose who always had a mysterious aura around him. "You really are a unique fellow." Mila said while he pushed his mask back down. 'How did you die in battle? Let's test him.' She asked herself. "Ambrose?" Ambrose looked to Mila who was looking at him. "Would you mind sparring with me?"

"My lady you can't!!!!!" Mila heard the knights all worriedly not wanting her to challenge someone who had more of an advantage over her.

Ambrose just stood up with his sword in hand. Mila smiled with her sword pulled out of its sheath. Both went to the main field to spar. The knights could only watch since they could not disturb a spar between nobles.

Both fighting, Mila charged after Ambrose who's movement was quick. Jumping up, she tried to hit his shoulder but he easily dodged her sword with his own. Trying for his leg, Mila once again failed as he avoided it. Once he tried to avoid her sword from below, she tried to hit from above but he also dodged.

Without realizing, Mila had tripped seeing his sword going to her neck which she quickly had to avoid losing. Using her sword, she clashed swords with his and used her sheath on her side to push herself back up. Trying to attack him, she felt her hand held onto as her sword fell. Ambrose twisted her hands to be locked behind her, he had dropped his sword in the spar.

"My lady!!!!!" The knights said but Mila laughed. She swung her head back which had hurt Ambrose with his mask hitting his entire face which she knew it hurt.

Mila landed onto Ambrose who fell down flat on the ground while she landed on him. With her smaller sword at his throat. Both huffing for air knowing that this spar was the best that they ever had. Both were just lost looking to each other and unable to make a word or sentence.

"Nice spar." Duke Reynard complimented just as Mila saw her father and making herself get up. Holding her hand out for Ambrose to take which he gladly did. Pulling him up, she smiled knowing that she had improved over the years.

"Thank your father, but I think Lord Ambrose would've won this spar." Mila smiled to Ambrose who also looked to her.

"Now, don't be too harsh on yourself. Both of you did great. Over the years, you've improved well. Good work." Duke Reynard petted Mila's head, she knew he would do so.

"How are you father?" Mila didn't know how he was since he had been focusing a lot on the kingdom and managing the peace treaty that had recently formed with the Gririth kingdom.

"I'm fine. Make sure that you do not fall behind on your lessons." Duke Reynard hoped that Mila didn't fall behind on anything.

'Oh, father would have a meeting with the emperor soon about a ball for Prince Leroy.' Mila had almost forgotten that they were going to have a ball for the crown prince. "Father, is anything happening soon? Your usually not out here by this time."

"Your know me too well." Duke Reynard smiled seeing how she knew he wasn't just outside without a reason. "I'll be going to the palace soon. The emperor wishes to talk about the crown prince's return with his concubine from Gririth kingdom." Duke Reynard said ensuring that he would be back soon.

"Okay! Make sure to come back!" Mila held his hand and smiled. Watching Duke Reynard leave, the knights were all assigned to go back to their duty. Ambrose stood beside Mila as she turned to him. "I think it's about time that you head home now. It's getting late." Before Mila could leave, Ambrose held her hand and opened his other to show a purple pearl hair pin. "Thank you. This must've fell off when we were sparring."

Mila had put her hair pin back onto her hair. Not expecting the next thing, Mila saw Ambrose removing little bits of grass out of her hair. There was a silence there but she knew he was just being generous. Waving him goodbye after, Mila smiled seeing him off.

Making it to her room, it was fixed already three years ago. It didn't take long but she remembered how angered her father was when he found Vita did it.

21