Chapter 27
648 0 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hearing Jero once again pecking at her window, she went over and smiled to him knowing how the exchange of letters were going well. Letting him in, she took the letter feeling happy that she been friends with ZH for about six years now and they still haven't met. 'If fate allows us to meet, then so be it.' Mila thought and didn't want to force them to meet one another without a really good reason.

'It's been awhile. I'm sorry if my letters have barely been coming. I've been busy lately.' - ZH

Mila knew that they would be busy since they had their personal life. They probably belonged to a family of knights or maybe even a viscount or baron. Mila didn't push to know further and didn't want their friendship to fall apart.

'No worries. Your busy and I cannot be upset. If there is ever a chance, will we ever meet?' - Mila

Over time, Mila felt as though they were drifting apart but at the same time they were her closest friend from the rest that she had gotten to know. Falling asleep that night, she snuggled close to her teddy bear which she still held on preciously.
***
"There will be a ball held for the crown prince's return." The emperor said to the four dukes who were there. Along with the Marquesses, Earls, Viscounts, Barons, and more advisors who were called to be there.

"Your majesty, we cannot allow such an outsider to bear a child for this kingdom." One of the Earl said not wanting the emperor to allow the concubine to enter into their kingdom.

"I agree. This is absurd as they are a princess of our enemy." Another said. With more and more disagreeing to allow the Princess of Gririth to be apart of Mireraweth.

"Does anyone else have any objections to this?" The emperor asked looking to the rest of the advisors below if they were also going to object.

"Your majesty, I believe that as long as the crown prince weds a woman from Mireraweth kingdom who will be his empress then we do not need to worry. As long as the future empress can bear his son first then it will not affect our kingdom if we have a woman from another have his his child after." Duke Reynard spoke up knowing that if they were to kill or assassinate the princess of Gririth then it would lead to another war.

"Your majesty, I agree with Duke Reynard." Duke Garrick came forth agreeing with Duke Reynard. "If we were to find a empress from here first for the crown prince and make sure that she has his child first then we can assure our kingdom's future."

They knew to keep their words logical and simple for the emperor to understand what they were trying to tell him. The emperor also knew that the kingdom would never accept another woman to bear the next heir unless the woman was from the same kingdom.

"Then, who shall be the crown prince's future empress?" The emperor asked the rest below who had no clue, but Duke Reynard knew of the rumors about the crown prince and Lady Lana.

"I believe Lady Lana will do great as his fiancé." Duke Reynard knew that none of his daughters were of age yet along with the rest of the Duke's children. Only Lady Lana was the best option for them all even though her family was known for being sickly. Most had seen her attend the Empress's party and knew her behavior as a generous and kind woman.

"Lana Shilling." The emperor looked to the Viscount who was her father. "Do you have anything against this?"

"Your majesty, if it involves the hope for the kingdom then I have nothing against it." Viscount Alaric said. He knew not to go against the emperor's order, mostly when it could cost his family great danger if they went against the emperor.

"This meeting is settled then. The crown prince will wed Lana Shilling as she will be his future empress. A ball shall be held for his return." The emperor announced while he left the room first.
***
Duke Reynard walked out to meet with Duke Garrick. "Why would you help me?" He asked Duke Garrick who smiled beside him.

"I'm just helping my future family." Duke Garrick said making Duke Reynard confused until he was reminded of Mila and Ambrose today.

"You already know that it's impossible to go against the verdict. We cannot break it." Duke Reynard reminded Duke Garrick that there was a verdict that was made with Mila and the Zameth Heir.

"You never know. Things are unpredictable." Duke Garrick left with Duke Reynard ignoring him soon after and going home.
***
"Vivian, how much longer?" Mila met with Vivian in her mind.

[Not yet. Your mana has grown, but I still need more for the time being. Don't worry. Maybe, in another few weeks.]

"Few weeks!!!!" Mila was shocked seeing how Vivian was still in the same egg all this time. "Am I that weak?!" She asked herself looking at her small hands.

[Well, you haven't exactly gathered much mana but it's fine. This type of thing happens since your still young. Over time, your mana will grow.] Vivian told Mila who still felt terrible for being weak.

"I-I'm so w-weak!" Mila started bursting into tears which Vivian panicked unsure of how to calm Mila down.

[Mila, clam down! It's okay! Don't cry over something like this!] Vivian sighed inside knowing that Mila's father would know what to do best in this situation. [Even if you are weak you still are just a child! Look! I'm still also a child!] Vivian pouted since she was the youngest between Skye and Kate.

"Then, does it mean that my mana isn't the only issue?" Mila asked looking to Vivian.

[Yes, it's me also. I'm still young so I'm like a hatchling or dormant stage. I need to gather enough until I can finally come out. Don't worry.] Vivian relief that she stopped Mila from crying. [Alright, time for you to wake up. I'll see you another time.]

Mila awoke to see Leo looking down at her sitting on the edge of her bed. Feeling Leo wipe her cheek, "Why are you crying?" He asked which Mila got up wiping her eyes knowing that it wasn't a dream of Leo.

"Your back!" Mila held his hand which Leo scoffed petting her head.

"Do you not know your older brother?" Leo messed with Mila who hugged him.

"Only brother would mess with me!" Mila giggled and hugged him knowing that he finally returned from school. "Why are you back? Aren't you supposed to be at school?"

"Idiot, I finished school now. I won't be going back there now. I'll be here at home with you and father." Leo said making Mila smile wider and hug him tighter. "Now, tell me what you've been up to for the past few years." Leo said having Mila stop hugging him and start bonding again.

21