Chapter 32
592 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mila woke up to see herself in her bed, looking to the side of her bed. She saw her purple pearl hair pin on her desk which she remembered last night. ZH had allowed her to see something beautiful which had her heart jumping with happiness yesterday night. "Sara?"

"Yes, Lady Mila?" Sara entered inside her room seeing how Mila looked a little happier, unlike last night when the ball was ruined.

"I want to get up. Help me get dressed." Mila had Sara dress her while she put in her hair pin along with covering her symbol with a bit of make up that she bought secretly on the side. 'I have to know what happened.' Mila wanted to know what happened last night with the whole royal ball being interrupted in the end. Rushing to her father's office, she went ahead and opened the doors. "Father?"

Duke Reynard was with Leo discussing something which she may want to know. "Mila? What are you doing here?"

"Father, what happened last night?" Mila asked even thought they didn't want her involved.

"You don't have to worry about it."

"Father, if I was nearly killed then it involves me. I cannot overlook this matter when my life was on the line." Mila didn't want to be hidden from the truth.

Duke Reynard sighed knowing that she would want to know the truth after a near death event yesterday. "Apparently, they weren't specifically aiming for anyone particular, but just someone who was of noble status. There is going to be another war in three years from now." Duke Reynard said. Mila knew that a war was going to break in three years.

'I knew it!' Mila went over to look at her father. 'Ambrose will die in this war.' She wanted to be able to protect him, but she figured that maybe he died for a reason. Knowing how his skills were in fighting, she was pretty sure that he would live but it was as if there was a secret he was hiding. "Father, if I wanted to join the war, will you let me?"

Mila shocked both her father and Leo since they knew that a woman had never gone to battle, but it was worse when she didn't even have any abilities to use for the battle. "Mila, you know that I will not allow you to step into such a bloody battle. Why did you ask such a thing!?" Duke Reynard didn't understand why his daughter would ask which angered him.

"Father, I know that you saved me before from death along with Leo. If you both never saved me, then I would have never been alive right now and have many friends who care for me. Those who put their lives on the line are far more important than those who just stand idle in their home waiting for hope that the soldiers of their kingdom will win. I do not wish to be apart of those people." Mila said even though she was only ten but even boys who were ten had entered battle before in the past.

"Mila, even if you don't want to. I will make you stay idle and wait. You cannot just enter a battle that guarantees a small chance of surviving." Duke Reynard would want Mila to be happy but he didn't want to imagine her dead and lifeless body on the battlefield.

"Fath-"

"Mila! Enough!" He sighed feeling stressed with the thought of his beloved daughter being sent to the battlefield. "Please don't ask of this again." Duke Reynard had Mila leave which she did without arguing anymore.

"Lady Mila?" Emmett looked to Mila who was obviously upset but he didn't want to upset her anymore with words that would hurt her. 'He is just worried about you. I would also be worried about you if you entered that bloody battle.'

'Father, even if you tell me not to leave. I will have to leave because... I have to find them. Only then I can get stronger.' Mila said and waited in her room. Emmett remained outside of her room as usual guarding her.

[Mila?! Mila?! I have good news!] Mila heard Vivian which she hoped that it was good.

"What is it?" Mila spoke out knowing that she was safe to speak out but not too loudly.

[I have fully gathered enough to be able to hatch out of my dormant stage. We can start our travel soon!] Vivian was erupting with excitement inside, not knowing where their adventure would lead them.

"Vivian, can you make a sleeping powder?" Mila remembered that certain plant beasts could make certain powder.

[Hm, which one are you asking for? One to sleep for a few hours, few days, few weeks, few years, forever!?] Vivian said which Mila didn't think that she would be able to make those type of sleeping powder.

"Just for about a whole days worth." Mila said holding a stone that would pass on ones message, if she even needed it. 'This was pricey, but it comes to use now. I hope.' Mila thought and knew she had to use it.

[I'll have it prepared after today.] Vivian said while Mila decided to have it used on her birthday. [Also, you didn't need to buy such a thing. I can pass on any message for you if you want. It's not hard.] Vivian could see how Mila did not think about what she could do as a beast with elements.

With the week passing, Mila acted like her usual self knowing that her father and Leo hadn't seen her since they argued. Entering her room, she was then stopped. "Lady Mila, come with us." Sara asked which Mila looked to her.

Opening the door to another room, all of the knights surprised her. "Happy birthday!" Mila smiled seeing how they were all there for her eleventh birthday.

"Thank you everyone. You always celebrate my birthday every year with me." Mila smiled looking to them all. Her birthdays were celebrated with more and more people every year.

"Your our savior."

"You are also our friend."

Each were speaking their mind as Mila smiled warmly to them all, having them all enjoy the day. Her father and Leo then showed up along with Trivett who were finally there.

"I hope that everyone stays happy like this forever! That we will always be together and celebrate events together!" Mila stood up on her chair as cakes were all handed out.

Everyone ate it while Mila sat down looking to Leo and her father. They fed her the cakes which she gladly ate. "Mila, are you mad at us?" Her father the asked her which she stared up to him and Leo.

"You both are idiots. Why would I hate people who are just looking after me? You both raised me and I'll always love you both. No matter what, you both were the ones who gave me a smile and a meaning to live." Mila hugged them both and heard thuds which she knew the powder was working. Feeling her father and Leo slouch down onto her as she laid them down onto the ground. "I'm sorry, father. I'm sorry, Leo. I have to go and find my beasts and my strength. I can't stand idle and be weak anymore."

Mila kissed both of their heads, seeing them both sound asleep along with the rest of the knights starting to stumble and fall over. Heading out of the room, "Where is our lady going?" She heard Trivett and saw Emmett along with Sara there and awake.

17