Chapter 34
557 0 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Lady Mila had a beast that no one knew about." Trivett said knowing how both would be shocked to hear such words come from his mouth. Duke Reynard and Leo were speechless since Mila was born with no symbol along with no elements detected by the crystal. Yet, they knew that Trivett would never be one to tell a lie.

"How is that possible? She doesn't have a symbol to maintain or keep her mana controlled." Duke Reynard asked with confusion as to how it was possible.

"I don't know. I had Edric stop her from leaving, but she called out her beast which defeated Edric with one attack." Trivett never thought that he would be defeated with one hit.

"Did she say anything?" Leo asked this time.

Trivett then recalled the words that Mila had said. "She said not to punish the knights, but she will send letters of some sort when you wake up. Including, that she will be back within at most... three years. Also... to beware the crown prince saying that there is only so much he could hold in a bottle when it breaks or shatters." Trivett didn't think that he would be told so much before he fell unconscious.

"What is she thinking?" Duke Reynard didn't understand why she would just leave without them. 'Does she know about her arrange marriage? Is that why?' He asked himself knowing that only the dukes and emperor knew of it. No other person should know about the agreement made between his youngest daughter and the Zameth heir. 'No, she would not have said to beware the crown prince then.' He thought after.

The three of them then saw a glowing bright butterfly which then flew down to their secret room. It landed on the brown table in the room with words appearing onto it which was bright enough for them to read.

'Do not worry about me. I have Sara and Sir Emmett with me. I'll be back within three years. I will never abandon my name or family. There are beasts out there who are calling to me. I have to go to them since they have been with me since birth. I cannot ignore the voices that are calling me to them. I will send letters as much as I can. Beware the crown prince.' - Mila

Duke Reynard had no idea where Mila was. Including her letter which had them wary of being aware of the crown prince. They also couldn't send a whole troop to find her since it would bring news to the emperor. 'The emperor would think that I wanted to avoid her arrange marriage.' Duke Reynard had to make an excuse and he couldn't have them look for her. "Make sure that everyone knows that I have sent her to self train and recuperate in the Asiradda Kingdom. I have a friend there who will vouch for me."

"Father?" Leo was confused why his father wouldn't have a full search for Mila.

"We cannot let anyone know. She will be in danger if it's told that she left on her own." Duke Reynard did speak the truth so they had to stay quiet about it. 'Mila, you must return before your age of marriage or when the Zameth Heir is choosing to take his throne.'
***
Mila opened her eyes to see Sara and Emmett sleeping on each of her side while she slept in the middle. Slipping through, she was hoping to have those two married in the future since they had been through a lot in the past to be able to see each other. Mila watched Emmett snuggle Sara closer to him, keeping each other warm from the morning coldness that was still around. They didn't even know about Mila leaving them in the tent alone.

Mila smiled at the view and went to the lake nearby that they decided to stay near. Seeing the four eye fish species, Mila stood still and aimed her sword as she stabbed it quickly getting one. Continuing for the next few moments when she heard a loud scream from their tent.

"AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!"

Losing the entire pod of fish that were near her, they had all been alarmed by the vibration of the scream. "Well, it's fine. I caught enough for us to eat." She sighed after even though she was getting better.

Mila went back to see Sara nervously keeping her hands to her chest. Emmett had a red hand print on his cheek with a calm expression. "What happened?" Mila asked see how both didn't say anything as she had the fish cooking.

"Nothing!" Both Sara and Emmett said at the same time which caught Mila by surprise. "...okay."

Handing them each the fish, they ate it silently while Mila was thinking about going to the Maedda Kingdom. Even though they were not on the best terms with the Mireraweth kingdom. She wanted to know the reason for the war.

"Lady Mila?" Emmett was curious about something.

"Hm?"

"How did you have everyone fall asleep? Did you have sleeping powder in their food?" Emmett didn't understand how everyone that time at her birthday were put to sleep immediately.

"I had Vivian spread it within the room. You both and Trivett we're likely not affected because you were not in the room. For me, Vivian had a barrier created around me like another layer of clothes or skin so that I would not breath it in." Answering Emmett's question, they all started their travel soon after.

Mila had Vivian look like any ordinary plant element horse instead of a unicorn to make them less likely to encounter danger and become suspicious. Mila sat on top of Vivian while Emmett and Sara walked on both sides.

"My lady, why did you not want to tell your father about your symbol and beast?" Sara was curious about that since she knew already about Mila's symbol ahead of time rather than her beast.

"Sara, sometimes it's just better to not tell them too early. It's better kept a secret before you lose your chance to go somewhere. Mostly, when you don't want to endanger those that you love." Mila had them continue on foot as they headed towards Maedda kingdom but they first had to reach Swanrook town. "Here." Mila tossed both Sara and Emmett a mask as they wore it. "It's better to conceal our faces than to be found." They had also worn cloaks to hide their body to be found unknown.

Mila didn't want to be dragged back to her home. She wasn't going to go back without a fight if anyone were to try her.
***
Prince Leroy had long left his bedchamber with Lady Lana or his wife still asleep. He hated the thought of using women, but he felt that it was their purpose in the first place. His mind then thought of Mila who he hadn't seen for some time. 'I should go visit her.' He thought and got dressed.

Arriving at the Noble's mansion, he saw Ambrose who was obviously there for Mila also.

"I'm sorry, but Lady Mila has gone to the Asiradda kingdom for recuperation and training." The maids and servants told Ambrose who didn't make a big deal out of it. He only left peacefully while Prince Leroy had no idea that Mila was already gone.

'Recuperating? What happened to her?' Prince Leroy felt as though something wasn't right. "Hey?" He had followed Ambrose who turned to face him. "Do you want to find out what happened to Lady Mila?" Prince Leroy had Ambrose join him as the both entered the Noble's mansion on their own. Making it into the hallways, they had rushed up to Mila's room where they saw it empty. "She's not here."

"Of course, she's not here." Prince Leroy and Ambrose turned around to see Leo. He was at the door, leaning against he had shut it close. "I won't say anything but please do not just sneak in. What brings you both here?" Leo looked to the two gentlemen who were in his little sister's room.

19