Chapter 35
547 0 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What happened to Mila? Why is she recuperating in Asiradda kingdom?" Prince Leroy asked seeing how Leo would likely know more than the maids and servants.

"Remember the poison that she received at the event?" Leo asked them which they recalled the time when she was bitten by a siren. "The poison may have left, but it can still be there in her and if they can heal her then it would be great since they have more knowledge about water elements and beasts. If possible, then they may even be able to heal her scar." Leo stood looking to the two who didn't have a clue about Mila's 'real' story.

"Sorry for just sneaking in. We'll both be leaving." Prince Leroy and Ambrose just left through the window like before since it would be better to not get caught again leaving from the main entrance when they were not even invited in to begin with.

"Father, are you sure this is the best option? If we are found lying then we can face execution." Leo said knowing that his father was nearby.

"It's the only option." Duke Reynard knew from his side that it was the only option. Mila was the fiancé of the Zameth Kingdom. The emperor didn't want to change the fiancé with women who had abilities from their kingdom which left Mila to be the only one. They couldn't give the Zameth heir a maid or commoner since they knew how to terminate between a commoner and nobility. Mila was between both, but her father was a Duke so it secured her title and background more than her birth mother's.
***
Mila stopped once they reached a part of Mireraweth kingdom's town. They were lucky that their masks and cloaks were special in some ways. Allowing only the wearer to remove the mask with the cloak special in another way. Yet, if their spell or mana was strong enough then they could remove the mask, but it would consume a lot of mana from them. 'Hollowglen.' Mila saw how the town was in a poor condition. 'What has the emperor been doing while these people are suffering?' Mila went forth seeing how the people were in poverty.

[Mila, this place doesn't seem well. I don't like it.] Vivian said seeing the same thing like they all saw right before them.

Sara and Emmett were shocked to see how the people were sickly, poor, along with their crops looking to only be mud. "Sir Emmett, ask around to find out what had happened? Give them some coins for their cooperation." Mila wanted to know what may have happened.

Emmett went ahead asking around as he gave out coins to those who cooperated with him. Sara and Mila stood on the side watching. "My lady, why would you want to know?" Sara was confused since most noble people would overlook it like it was not even their issue to handle in the first place.

"Sara, watching these people suffer makes me suffer. Just looking at this makes me think of how much we need an emperor who cares for his people before his needs." Mila hated how the Mireraweth emperor did nothing about it and wallowed away in his selfishness and greed.

'My lady, you are very different from the very carefree and childish one that I knew. You've changed.' Sara thought but then she decided to rethink about it. 'No, your growing up.' Sara smiled this time to her lady who was more mature than she thought.

"My lady, it seems as though there is a beast that lurks in their well water source. It has been sent for the emperor to handle but there has been no reply or aid for it." Emmett reported back to them.

'That emperor really does not take care of his people! No wonder they all died leaving the Mireraweth kingdom vulnerable!' Mila hated to see the people suffer but she couldn't be found as the daughter of the Noble Family. "Where is the source?" Mila asked Emmett who went ahead first leading them.

Making it to a well which was more segregated from the rest. "This is where it all started." Emmett told Mila in advance with what the townspeople had told him. Mila got off Vivian who worriedly neighed for her to be careful. Mila was still a bit small but she was at least Vivian's shoulder level.

Going close, Mila could suddenly sense a beast below the well. It was at the deepest part in the well where it laid safe. [Who are you?! Why are you trying to stop me?!] Mila fell back hearing another voice which didn't belong to Vivian or her other beasts.

Holding her head, she panted with Vivian trotting forth and nuzzling against Mila's head. [Mila?! Don't get any closer! They obviously don't want us here!] Vivian warned Mila to avoid falling unconscious in their dangerous situation.

"My lady!" Sara and Emmett rushed over to Mila who shook her head with the pain soon fading away.

"I'm fine. This beast refuses to cooperate. I have to know why it chose this place." Mila knew that the only way to find out was go inside the well. "I'm going in."

"Do you know what your saying?!" Emmett wanted you out some sense into Mila who looked to him.

She gave him just a smile like she always did. "I'll survive this. A lady's promise." They didn't even have time to reason with her as Mila already had Vivian absorb back into her. Mila jumped inside the well landing down using Vivian's roots to grow form below.

"Mila!!!" Emmett and Sara called out form above as they looked to another and hurried rushed to find any rope. They knew though that both were not able to fit the the well. Only a child's size was big enough to fit through.
***
"It's been a long time. My friend." ZH smiled looking to the new Maedda emperor. "How have you been?" Turning to face ZH, it was a man who wore a mask with his glowing emerald green eyes and sky blue hair.

"You know already about the upcoming war. Are you here to join alliances or not?" He asked ZH who smirked seeing how one emperor was so keen on one issue.

"I would, but its still too early for me to be involved with this war. Maybe, a couple more years then I will join alliances. If you need my men then don't hesitate to send me a notice." ZH smiled going forth and leaving the Maedda emperor be. 'Let's see how Mila is.' ZH had a large crystal appear before him. Appearing out of it was Mila who was traveling in a dark place. He could only watch but he couldn't hear anything.
***
"Vivian?" Mila took out a stone which had light glow out of it.

[Yes?] Vivian was called back out once Mila was able to have enough room to walk in the bottom of the well.

"Why was I able to hear the voices of another beast? I have no contract with it. The voice was held in more anger and hatred."

19