Chapter 36
572 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Hm, I think it's because my lady has more of an open heart than she thinks.] Vivian had to be honest that Mila was quite the unique one with such a heart. But, there was still that vengeance held within her heart that was lodged in deeply.

"Open heart?" Mila questioned this time.

[Well, there has been a legend said before that there has been a person known as a Messenger of Beasts.]

"Messenger of Beasts?" Mila had never heard of such myth or legend before in her entire life.

[They are those who have the most open heart and  open mind to beasts. They are usually able to talk to beasts that have no contract, yet. Unless, they are in a contract with the Messenger themselves. There were never many, they are only gifted by luck. It's not by blood neither is it heritable. Only by luck they are chosen.] Vivian explained allowing Mila to understand that there was more she needed to know.

"Why was it never recorded in history?"

[There only existed one in the entire world. No one would have been able to collect the entire information about that one single individual.] Vivian herself did not even get the information or knew much about that one individual.

It had shocked Mila who had no clue that only one existed. "One?"

[Well, your the second one now. Only beasts can tell the tale and story of that one Messenger. It was also a woman who was able to know. She was the strongest among them all. She had many beasts who either followed her or she formed a contract with. Many wanted to follow her so they did to the ends of the earth.]

The way Vivian said it made Mila think about how sad it must've been for the beasts when the woman passed away. "What happened after?"

[She passed away like any human or beast would. Ones age can never stay the same. I was young, but beasts can still be reborn and only in the same element that they first were.] Vivian explained as they finally made it to the end of the deep well.

Sensing the beast close by, Mila kept her sword close to her. "Who are you?! I know that you can talk to me! I also can understand you!"

[You do not understand me!] Looking to be a huge vine root, Mila jumped back seeing that it was a plant beast surrounded by large roots and shadows, not allowing her to get a look at it. [Humans like you only want to use us for your own greed!] Mila was once again struck with a vine which she dodged, cutting it in half. [You are trying to kill me like they did to my family!] Vivian was held in by the vines that held her back. It was useless for Vivian to fight when she didn't have the form to move swiftly along with being a beast in a similar element group.

"How can you say that?! Who tried to hurt you?!" Mila wanted to get close and try to just talk it out with the beast.

[You are lying to me!] Mila lost focus which resulted in her being hit by the incoming root. Flying back, she flew hitting the mud ground.

"Tell me! Why are you hurt?! Who tried to hurt you?!" Mila stood up and tossed her sword down, showing that she had no intentions of harming her. She walked forth to the see that the beast was at the center of all the vines that were wary of her movement. The beast hissed at her, she wasn't going to back away. The vines came once again and hitting Mila who fell on her knees.

[Mila!!!! Don't!!!] Vivian called out with her vines growing out then fighting with the other unknown plant beast's vine.

Mila stood up and kept going forth, she wasn't going to keep backing down. Every vine that hit her forced her to keep going forth. Finally, she reached the little beast which had caused the entire commotion. [It's okay.] The beast had stopped the vines that was fighting and hurting Mila. The whole place stopped in silence with the roots falling flat down.

The beast stood shocked before Mila. It didn't know why one human would try to comfort it. [Why are you trying to stop me?] Light shined over to the little beast that was a small Cottontail Raccoon.

"Nothing is your fault. You can blame humans all you want, but it doesn't give you the right to hurt the innocent humans who did nothing wrong." Mila took the little beast out of the hole and hugged it close to her chest. The little beast started crying knowing that it had warmth and comfort which Mila could hear its weeps and cries that it held inside. "Shh... Shh... cry all you want. This is a time to forgive and forget. Don't let your tears fall anymore after. Be happy." Mila felt her aching body but kept her warm comfort on the little beast.
***
"She is really amazing." ZH didn't think that she would be so brave to stand up against the vines and be harmed. Taking all the hits from such a small beast had him more amused with her. 'You are no longer the quiet and boring Mila. You've changed. Are you like me?' He asked looking to the crystal he still had to see Mila.

[Your highness, do you wish for me to go over there?] Jero asked seeing how ZH still had a worried look when Mila was attacked by the vines.

"No need. I want to give her more time to herself before I make an appearance there." ZH smiled seeing how one girl or woman can change one vengeful beast.
***
"Are there no ropes?!" Sara asked Emmett who had been looking all over the town for ropes. "How are we going to get Lady Mila?!"

"There's no need for that." Mila appeared behind Sara who gasped. Hugging Mila in tears, she didn't know what she would've done if Mila wasn't alive.

"Where have you been?!" Sara said looking down at Mila.

"Like I said, I'll survive." Mila looked to have no injuries which she had Vivian heal before they met back with the group. "We have a new friend." Mila said holding out a small Cottontail Raccoon. She grumbled and hissed at Sara and Emmett being cautious of them. She ran clinging onto Mila from the back with her cotton tail spiking behind her.

"I-It seems to like Lady Mila." Sara didn't know how to say it.

"Lady Mila, how did you get it to stop?" Emmett asked seeing how the beast didn't look to be one who would stop.

"She just wanted to have her family back, but also... revenge." Mila smiled petting their new friend while Sara and Emmett gave her a unsure look. "Her names Cotton." Mila said. "She's not a new beast of mine by contract. She wanted to follow me by will." Mila said which shocked Emmett and Sara.

"Lady Mila, is it really alright to have her come along?" Emmett didn't know how they were going to handle another beast when it was a feral beast not a contract one.

"She'll be fine. I trust her. She's alone now." Mila smiled. Mila then felt water hit her on the nose, feeling more water come up. They looked up to see that it was raining more and more.

"Did you bring the water back?!" Hearing the townspeople run over getting soaked in rain.

Mila didn't look that old but she looked to be at least a young lady almost. "Yep, we were just about to leave."

"Please! Will you help us?!" Hearing the townspeople, Mila didn't know what they wanted.

'Just what is going on?' Mila followed the townspeople who were in desperate need of their help. She couldn't turn down the people who were suffering.

17