Chapter 39
531 0 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once they had finished up, Mila decided to have them get down to the main topic. "Thelma, were there other slaves with you?" Mila asked crossing her arms over her chest.

Thelma looked to see how Mila was serious also with her question. Looking to the ground, Thelma held a sad expression on her face. "There were many. They were sold or captured by the men of Mireraweth kingdom. I was sold by my father who sold me for his huge debts. I made sure that they found me as a man. Not even my father knew that I was a girl from the start. I didn't want to get used like many women who were slaves since we are treated worse than men." Thelma had it said in such a sad tone which would make one pity her for her past.

"How did you escape?" Mila asked seeing how Thelma was the only one who escaped out of the rest of the slaves.

"They... found out that I was a woman and the man who tried to sell me to was old. He tried to use me, but before he could. I was lucky that he was too old giving me an advantage. I ran and ran until I reached here." Thelma said looking to Mila.

"Did you come from Wildeford?" Mila saw Thelma's shocked expression which already gave her an answer. "How many slaves were there?" Mila got up wanting to head straight to Wildeford, witnessing how they treated people like they were livestocks more than people.

"There were too many to count. They governor there does not care about his people since he is the one who manages the slave business around there."

Hearing that Mila was feeling anger erupt inside to see how disgusting it was. 'Every governor that the emperor has assigned for the town is terrible. Slaves are illegal to have, but the Mireraweth emperor would do nothing about it. I guess we will have to see for ourselves with what we can do.' Mila looked to her entire group. "We will head there. Emmett, you and me will go along with Vivian. Sara, Thelma, and Cotton will not come with us."

"My lady?!" Sara rose up not wanting to part with Mila knowing that she would be heading into danger. Cotton whined not wanting to part either from Mila.

"Sara, stay here with Cotton and Thelma. It'll be too hard on us if we all go there. It's best that we keep ourselves hidden for the most part. Me and Emmett will be back after we handle the matters in Wildeford." Mila got onto Vivian who looked back to see Mila from one side of her face.

[Mila, are we really going there?] Vivian asked looking worriedly to Mila.

"Yes, I cannot overlook this matter when it involves such corruptions." Mila patted Vivian on the side with Emmett getting on Vivian. Making the travel easier than using one's mana too much. "All of you make sure to stay hidden. Don't get found." Mila had them all nod and wait. "Let's go!"

Vivian started running forth, Mila could hear the thuds of Vivian's hooves hit the ground. 'Mila truly is amazing!!!' Vivian thought seeing how they had not chosen the wrong master.
***
Lurking in the forest, ZH smiled seeing how Mila had been heading to each and every town in Mireraweth kingdom. 'Your the word of this kingdom. Making yourself known is troublesome. Yet, seems so fun to be apart of.' ZH thought and smiled following after her.
***
Prince Leroy felt as though the days were passing too quickly. Although, he enjoyed it for the most part and hoped that Mila would return soon. He wanted to see if there were any cures at all. "Leroy, what are you doing here?" He heard Lana who was now his wife and likely the future empress of Mireraweth kingdom.

He had nothing against her since she was brought into the political agreement without her consent. "I'm just looking over some books." Prince Leroy was in the royal library looking at the books.

"Your mother wants us to attend a ball. She has asked me to come get you." Lana said allowing Prince Leroy to put the book away first and then head out of the library.

'When I am stronger, I will take matters into my own hand.' Prince Leroy needed to be patient and wait until his father stepped down from his throne. "Let us be off then." He took Lana's hand as they headed towards the ball.
***
Making it to the town, Mila could see how the town looked a little better than the last but still terrible. All around, she could see that the town was highly used for slaves to do the dirty jobs.

"Get back to work!"

Hearing a whip which had hit the slaves working in the fields. Mila couldn't believe how harsh they were to the slaves who were likely used out of their will.

"My lady, it's best that you do not watch this." Emmett wanted to shield Mila away from it but Mila refused to not look away.

"This is the world I live in. I must bear with it and watch since I know that this world is far more crueler than it looks from the inside." Mila said seeing how the slaves were just once common people also. "Ask where the governor is." Mila knew that they wouldn't take a child seriously. She needed Emmett to find the answers for her.

"Will do." Emmett got off Vivian who just kept Mila on her back.

"Are you feeling alright?" Mila questioned seeing how Vivian had to carry two people which would be a lot of weight.

[I'm fine. I'm not that weak as you see me.] Vivian gave Mila a reassuring answer as they both waited for Emmett to find some answers. Looking around, Mila saw a old man who was beating up a slave woman. Mila couldn't stand idle anymore, about to toss her dagger over to the man. [Allow me.] Vivian had a few small thorns grown which were then flung to the man.

"Aaaagggghhhh!!!!!!" The old man was holding his face which was bleeding tremendously. "Who would dare hurt the governor?!"

'So, he's the governor.' Mila looked to him and saw that he was likely no different from Nebel Vancon.

"Lady Mila, I found where the governor lives." Emmett returned seeing the smile that formed on her face.

"I too also found where he lives." Mila pointed to an old man who was weeping in pain with blood sliding down his face. "We have something to do tonight. I'll be needing your help." Mila smiled more evilly to see that she was enjoying this more and more to punish the evil and corrupt.

"I will await my lady's command." Emmett said seeing that Mila was taking a liking to her new lifestyle.

20