Chapter 40
500 0 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Night rolled around, Mila had Emmett try and break every slave free with their 'owners' and 'masters' all sound asleep deeply with Vivian's sleeping powder. Mila went on her own into the governor's home where she wanted to see how things worked for him. She looked around to see the same slave tied to the a corner of the room. "Psst! Hey!" Mila called out to her which she looked to Mila about to yell.

Mila smirked and had the chain broken off within a second. "Would you like to beat this bastard with me?" Mila asked the woman who was shocked to hear that from a young girl. Mila went ahead to the old man, tying him up. Mila had then kicked him off the bed which alarmed the woman just a bit.

"Eeeekkkkk!!!!" She had never seen such actions done before to the governor who didn't even wake up, but kept continuing to snore.

"Why don't you join me?" Mila smiled handing them woman a metal pipe which she smiled joining Mila. Both had made sure to bruise him but not enough to kill him. "Let's go!"

Both left the governor's home, they rushed out to see every slave was freed. The woman reunited with her family with Mila smiling to Emmett. Even though they couldn't see their smiles since they had their disguises on. "Do you all have any places to go?" Mila then yelled out catching everyone's attention. They all looked away in sadness and uncertainty. They were all likely captured and taken against their will. Mila didn't know how they were going to take all of the slaves to a safe place. "Everyone, pack everything you need for the time being. I need to discuss some matters with my comrade."

Mila had Emmett follow her, they were in the forest part and watched the slaves that were gathering everything they needed. "My lady, how are we going to get them all out with so many of them?" Emmett asked with doubt that they would be able to protect them all. Mila didn't even know herself, they had to try and find a place for them all which would be safe.

"There is a way." They heard a voice behind them which caught their attention.

"Who is there?!" Emmett had his hand at his sword ready to kill anyone who would harm Mila.

"Relax, I'm here to meet my good friend."

Mila gasped knowing the voice, she ran forth with her disguise wearing off. It came off like tiny bits of glowing dust with her first disguise only. Hugging him, Mila smiled knowing exactly who it was. "It's been weeks." Mila said smiling to even recognize the familiar scent.

"Yes, it's been weeks. How have you been, Mila?" Mila looked up to see ZH who still wore his same mask hiding his eyes. Noticing that he was wearing a cloak to hide himself.

"Why are you here?" She then asked seeing that he was in the poor town.

"My own reasons. I can see that you both raided this town."

"Y-Yeah... you can say that." Mila said seeing that the slaves had destroyed the town more than gather their things.

"My lady, do you know this man?" Emmett had never seen such a fellow before meet with Mila ever.

"Oh, he is my very good friend. I've known him for a long time and we met through his little comrade." Mila gestured over to ZH who smiled waving at Emmett.

"Your her shadow knight who always guards her. I'm glad that she is being well taken care of. She can get a little overboard sometimes." ZH was then smacked on the back of the head. "Ouch!"

"I'm not that overboard! Are you here to help or just to mess with me?" Mila raised her eyebrow seeing how he didn't seem to be doing anything. 'He seems like he has all the free time in the world.'

"I'm here to help! I swear since I took the efforts to come here by myself." ZH smiled seeing how amusing Mila was and she would actually hit him.

"What are you trying to do?" Mila didn't know what he was thinking or what his plan was.

"This is my plan. Those people that you just saved can go over to Zameth Kingdom. Those former slaves may be in the enemy territory of Mireraweth kingdom, but Zameth kingdom accepts anyone who are willing to work for them."

"Their not slaves!" Mila argued back over his words.

"You didn't let me finish. The Zameth emperor accepts anyone who are willing to work as their new citizens. They get fair treatment like any other." ZH smiled leaning back on a tree with his arms crossed over his chest.

With just that, Mila could see the wind pushing his hair across his face. It made her wonder more about why he wore his mask. "Are you sure?" Mila then came back to focus on the main issue.

"I keep my honest words. I will never lie to my closest and dearest friend." ZH said making Mila scoff and see that he would use the friend card.

"Alright!" Mila smiled having to announce it to the those that they had rescued. ZH being the one to give them all a map which would help lead them to safe routes and away from those who could catch them.

Making sure that the people had all traveled safely, Mila had to return back to Sara and Thelma who were waiting for them.

Hearing only the footsteps of two people and a horse. Mila was falling asleep on Vivian since she was still riding on her. "Mila, if your tired then you can just sleep."

"I'm alright. I want to make sure that Sara and Thelma are still safe along with Cotton." Mila said wanting to keep herself away.

"Lady Mila, it's fine to rest." Emmett didn't want her to keep staying awake. After all, he still saw her as a young lady who still needed sleep for her age.

"Cotton???" ZH asked seeing how he had never heard of such name before.

"Cotton is a Cottontail Raccoon. She lost her family in Hollowglen. She wanted to join and I do not see any issues with her joining." Mila looked down to ZH who just nodded to understand the issue.

"Lady Mila!!!!" Sara rushed over to Mila who just got off Vivian's back, next being hugged by her loyal friend and personal maid. "I was so worried!!!" Thelma held onto Cotton who didn't seem to mind being carried in her arms.

"I'm fine. It's good that everyone is safe." Mila looked to them all. "Thelma, you can join the few who are going to Zameth Kingdom. If you go now then you can reach them." Mila wanted Thelma to reach the rest before she lost them.

"Thank you, but... I want to repay you." Thelma went forth letting Cotton hop out of her arms. "I would like to pledge my loyalty to Lady Mila. I wish to follow you just like your two comrades here. I wish to follow you and help you in your journey. I may not seem like it, but I know a bit about herbs and medicine." Thelma didn't want to go and have her life be meaningless.

Mila didn't expect that Thelma would want to join them. "Are you sure you wish to join us? If you do now, then you won't be able to back out." Mila didn't know how Thelma was going to be on their travel.

"I will not back out. This is my vow and repayment to you." Thelma kept her posture which left Mila smiling after.

"Welcome to the group." Mila smiled welcoming Thelma into their group.

"My lady, who this fellow?" Sara pointed out which they all looked over to ZH.

"He is my very good friend. He goes by ZH." Mila said and she then looked to ZH. "Why are you still here? Aren't you supposed to be leaving now?" Mila questioned seeing how he was still with them.

19